Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Analyze for BPM not working anymore
Since your "update" my Analyse for BPM wont work either in batch or individually , in batch it does one track then no more, individually it turns the track red background and just stays like that forever until I close VDJ, then when I open again, it has not analzed that track! (see attached screen shot) I have downloaded the software again but it still does it on my mac and it used to be ok

PLEASE HELP

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 1:26 am
Confirmed - I get a similar issue here with Deezer.

If I choose to analyse from the browser (right click) then it just sits doing nothing and shows scan (0%).

Oh wait, it just scanned! Hmmm, the wait between tracks when bulk scanning seems to have increased.......a lot.

There was always a long wait between tracks when bulk scanning online files, but now it's VERY slow.

Even in previous builds, the scan was so delayed between tracks that it was faster to manually drack each track to a deck to analyse.

I've mentioned this before (i.e. here) because it doesn't make sense to me that this apparent restriction from streaming services slows down bulk analysis dramatically, but I'm free to drag and drop tracks to decks manually (as fast as I can manage) and there's no "restriction".

It's also been mentioned that other DJ software is not so restricted with scanning times.

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 9:46 am
Another issue worth mentioning is with the BPM figures being pulled from some unknown location, to populate the browser info.

This is the result I noticed with an online track from a Chart playlist:

Notice how all the BPMs are identical, even though the title clearly shows that they should be different.

Here's the correct results after the tracks have been loaded to a deck:

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 10:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No changes in scanning speed for online tracks were made.
There was indeed a problem sometimes with beatport (doesn't seem to have happened every time) where it could get stuck, will be fixed in next update.

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 10:51 am
I didn't think it was allowed to batch analyze online tracks
Won't that always get you paused/kicked off by the content provider, because it looks like a batch download attack?

I just tested batch analysis with Deezer, and yes there is a pause between tracks
- but again: I thought it wasn't allowed :)

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 12:27 pm
It's presumably allowed because for example Rekordbox doesn't have the same pausing between tracks.

It's the situation where the scan is so slow that it's faster for me to manually load tracks one after the other to decks, than to allow bulk scan (which on local files has always been faster than manual loading) that bothers me. If it's so restricted, why are my actions possible with no complaints from the service?

Currently with Deezer in VDJ there is a two minute delay between the scanning of each track. I know Adion has told me previously that Tidal has a 30 second delay, which I thought was bad - but two whole minutes??? Two hours to scan 60 tracks!

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 3:05 pm
Except for some unusually named tracks and possibly some big variety in remixes as the example you showed, most tracks should already have bpm and key available, so there's not much reason to scan before loading.

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 3:12 pm
Can you please confirm that it's normal for there to be a two minute wait between tracks when scanning?

If that's the case then I guess I have no alternative but to manually drag tracks to each deck, or maybe script something to do it for me.

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 3:35 pm
Yes, for Deezer it's indeed 2 minutes.
I can't tell whether loading tracks to deck faster will cause any rate limits to be triggered at Deezer, so that's something you'll have to decide for yourself.

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 5:03 pm
It doesn't seem to cause any problems. The "fetched data" (wherever it comes from) can often be either missing or wrong, so I'd rather have the tracks analysed locally.

Posté Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 7:24 pm
With Tidal’s DJ add on there are supposed to come extras features for DJs. Bulk analysis without delay could be one such feature.

And regarding the 30 second delay for Tidal, another workaround is to download the playlist to cache. This will download and analyze with no apparent delay. At least not 30 seconds.

Posté Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 6:17 am
It's probably worth feeding that back to Tidal just so they are aware of DJs needs.

Something else that gets mentioned a fair bit is being able to access TIdal folders from DJ software. Last I heard, this was something missing from the TIdal API so devs couldn't add it.

I contacted TIdal and requested it, but I'm only one voice. Again, if they're made aware (from enough customer requests) then they're more likely to do something.

Posté Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 9:30 am
Great points GroovinDJ ! !

+1

Posté Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 9:43 am