Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet SLIDESHOW - add PAUSE
Would it be possible in a future build to add a pause button to the slideshow?

I have an event later this year where I need to advance the slides one at a time as a keynote speaker is talking.

I can skip and do the previous which will be helpful, I just need it to pause or hold a slide until my cue to advance.

Thanks in advance!

Posté Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 2:44 am
I don't know if you knew this.

Just add the JPG files to your Automix window (in order) and load the JPG in a Deck.

I do this when client comes up with a powrpoint file, I tell them to save his project as JPG.
Then I load all this JPG to the Automix list and load the JPG when needed to be displayed on the screen.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:00 am
Yes that works too.

I am going to need to be playing music, so I will need the decks.

That's why the Slide Show will come in clutch here.
If I can get it to pause.

Thanks tho!

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
load up a sample bank or two?

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:14 am
If I did not have so many that would work.

Maybe they can fit a pause button in some day.

Thanks!

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:17 am
DjKrazyIan wrote :
I will need the decks.

Automix uses one. That leaves 98 for you.

DjKrazyIan wrote :

I don't think there's any limit on how many you can have.

I would've suggested the sampler myself. I didn't know about the automix option.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 7:57 am
groovindj wrote :
DjKrazyIan wrote :
I will need the decks.

Automix uses one. That leaves 98 for you.

Sorry, not looking to use Automix or the decks for slides.
Looking to use the built-in Slideshow feature, this is why the post TITLE and original post mention the Slideshow feature ~Thanks!

DjKrazyIan wrote :

groovindj wrote :
I don't think there's any limit on how many you can have.

This was in reference to the comment about using the Sample banks.
I will have 40+ Slides, that would work perfectly in the Slideshow feature built into VDJ if it had a pause button.
I use the pads for Logos & Monograms all the time. Works great for one or a few. Still not the Slideshow.

I appreciate the comments. Trying to stay on topic about the great Slideshow feature built in VDJ.
Just like media players the Slideshow feature has the following buttons;
Skip, Previous, Transitions, Shuffle, Fade, Length.

It is only missing the Start, Stop, & Pause buttons.

I would like to use the floating unpinned Slideshow on a 3rd screen to allow touch trigger of the slides, while I am free to DJ as needed. When using the floating window, each individual slide can be selected in any order and then it moves on to the next slide. I would like to use the grid and select a slide to be displayed and held, until the next slide is pressed, without a limit on the time. And while keeping VDJ free to use all its other features.

It's my fault my original posting was vague, I will rephrase it;

Hey DEVS; Would it be possible in a future build to add a Start/Stop/Pause button to the slideshow feature that is already built in VDJ?

Now if this post/topic would be a better fit in the "WISHES AND NEW FEATURES" please let me know and I will repost or if possible for a MOD to move it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Posté Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:13 pm