Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Equipment for playing atomix live, cntd.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mabalaHome userMember since 2002
Here are some more question that poped up into mind. I would appreciate your answers..

- I currently use audiowerk8 (emagic) sound card, and it seems there is a large latency between the waveform dsiplay and the sound played (which also gives trouble with the mixing) - I checked the settings panel, and it says the latency is only about a few milisecs. whats the deal here?
(when I switch to a SB16 card, everthing works fine)

- What soundcards do you advise to buy, so that I have a high SNR, proper sound, and some money left? (I'm planning on using an external USB card)

- Is there a way to control the atomix functions using an external midi keyboard?

Thanks alot !!

Mabala

Posté Fri 10 May 02 @ 11:55 pm
as far as the latency.. never had a problem with that. more than likely a problem with DirectX support for that card. ditch it.

as far as which cards to buy - i recommened against USB, it is generally good to avoid, unless you are using a laptop and can't avoid it. Some people on the forum have reported good results with the SB Extigy, though :) MAudio also makes a very fat looking USB interface but i've yet to hear much about it (they call it the audiosport if I recall) - It even has 1/4 TRS outputs... MAudio generally makes good stuff...

Personally, I use two el-cheapo CMedia-based sound boards. they have good S/N since everything is intergrated into the chip - no need for an external output stage. they are also very cheap and the drivers work well... latency is no problem with them (they are only $15 each too!) - sometimes simple is the best.

as far as MIDI keyboard support, there is no support for this that I know of. I simply use a USB keypad (20 keys that are programmable) to control atomixMP3 and it works great.. I put it right in front of the mixer, and a LCD flat panel right behind the mixer, and an optical mouse on the side. works out nicely.

Posté Sun 12 May 02 @ 4:27 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Do you have a link where I could take a look at one of these usb controllers ?

DJ Homeboy

Posté Sun 12 May 02 @ 9:32 am

Posté Sun 12 May 02 @ 12:38 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Thanks Redman !

DJ Homeboy

Posté Sun 12 May 02 @ 6:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)