Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet ATOMIX controller and PCDJ controller are they the same?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok guys I think it's a very good idea to have an external controller but for the price of this piece of equipement I can go out and buy a good professional mixing table and do the same or a better performance.
Also PCDJ is using the same controller, are they the same do they use the same software?
I think that they should consider a lower price for people that paid for a full version of ATOMIX afterall we always been here to give our support and also some ideas.
THINK ABOUT IT?????????????

Posté Mon 13 May 02 @ 11:20 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
It is cheaper for you if you own Atomix already. The price is 439 for previous owners of Atomix and 499 for newcomers. I don't believe the Atomix team is able to lower the price of the controller as they have already stated that they payed a fair price for the unit themselves. The DMC-1 has been specially designed for Atomix. Therefore the price is a little more than what we expected.

DJ Homeboy

Posté Tue 14 May 02 @ 2:16 am
Numark sold them the controller at an expensive price. It ain't atomix's fault. Guys .... you complained that it took too long for the PRO version to come out, now you're complaining it's too expensive. Be a bit more reasonable =)

Posté Tue 14 May 02 @ 3:03 am
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
If you want to compare software and hardware prices, take a look at what's out there.

DJ Power: 699.99 US
with there computer: 3999.99 US

American DJ software with controller,
List 799.00 US
Have seen it for 399.00 US

Visiosonic's PCDJ With Numark Controller
List 499.00 US
Have seen it for 299.00 US (it didn't start out this cheap!)

To build a new controller for Atomixmp3, There not going to give them a break like Visiosonic is getting, until the orders for them increase.

Plus I've had all those different programs on my computer at on time or another, and they don't hold a candle to Atomixmp3.

I mostly DJ weddings and privite parties. So I don't need a controller like this. But if i did, I'd but it in a heartbeat, just because of the great software it packaged with!

Sorry so windy, DJ_JIM

Posté Tue 14 May 02 @ 5:21 am
Hey Jim !!!!!!

Thanks for that comparison !!!!!! Its true .... $499 may seem alot considering HOW CHEAP the program itself is !!!! The PRO version is only meant for Higer-Status DJ's and club owners who can actually invest in that.

Posté Tue 14 May 02 @ 7:15 am
what about just releasing the driver for it, and we will buy the controller at some other place??(other sites sell it for $230) $500 is just way too much for this kind of controller.

Posté Tue 14 May 02 @ 8:31 am
@DJ Paul F

No they do not use the same software, one uses the AtomixMP3 Software and the other Uses the PCDJ software. The controller itself has very light cosmetic difference between the two software/hardware packages (The company logos is all from what I see) What you really have to look at here is the normal price of the two software programs in queston and thier functionability (PCDJ Red $200.00 vs. AtomixMP3 v2.1 $59.95).True it may seem like you get a better value deal with the "other" software package, but for the same bundle price you get more functionability/versitility with Atomix, basicly "more bang for your buck". I Downloaded the demo version of PCDJ to see what is has to offer, It's a pretty good program but it doesn't do nearly as much as Atomix does. Plus when you compare the two bundled products together you get the same price ($499.00) So that alone should tell you Atomix had not too much say over the pricing. As far as internal differences, it has been said in this forum (not by me) That the differences may also lay in the hardware inside the controller allowing it to communicate exspecially with the Atomix software, this makes sense to me because of the different function calls between the two software packages.

V

Posté Tue 14 May 02 @ 9:01 am
I was noticing that even Mixvibes has the Numark DMC1 controller for their software. Their starting price is only $269. And they even have an upgrade microchip patch for those who already purchased the controller through PCDJ for only $129. Atomix is way better and should have something similar.

Posté Wed 15 May 02 @ 7:56 pm
hey anonymous, You`re 100% right. I`ve already seen this special offer from mixvibes. It seems a good deal. Probably I still think pcdj red the best because it works fine using 2 cd standard drives, but Atomix goes to skip a lot !, and by the way, Atomix`team should offers us a free dowload from the demo version of the new Pro software because the 2.1 does`t work fine while using audio tracks. Look : The greatest prices of pcdj red software and the Numark DMC-1 are at www.audiolines.com. It`s the biggest pro audio store I have ever seen. check it out ! The Atomix` team it`s wrong about the others combo ( software+hardware ) packs. At This Store , we can purchase pcdj+Numark for only us$ 300.

Posté Fri 17 May 02 @ 8:13 am
I use an external mixer, and it work flawlessly with Atomixmp3. I don't see any point in buying .........
Ok, I stop here before it hurts my beloved Atomix developer team.

Posté Sun 19 May 02 @ 9:01 pm

If you really want a price comparison, here in the states Guitar Center had the PCDJ/DMC bundle for $99 a while back. I picked one up. They had 400 more in stock. Granted, the PCDJ software is simple (it does work well and does not crash, though), however, the idea that I would have to buy another DMC just for Atomix is ludicrous. It would be like having to buy a new computer if you wanted to browse a different web site.

Jeff

Posté Thu 11 Jul 02 @ 4:02 pm
Jeff I agree,
I have one controller and the software should just work with it.. Would sell me on their s/w much quicker...

Posté Thu 17 Oct 02 @ 10:01 pm
I developed a CHEAP controller for entry-level use. It is a custom keypad with custom printed atomix keys. You canuse the keys you need, place them where you want, and it incorporates more functions than the traditional controller. For less than $100 USD, this is a much needed product for Atomix. I am sorry to report, however, that the Atomixmp3 team did NOT want me to market this product. We got into a heated discussion, but I can't blame them. I would do the same thing if atomix was my business. I had everything ready for production, but the only place I could advertise (here in the forums) was prohibited by atomix. I offered to lend my help in the design of the controller(s), but I never got a response. If you think this is something we should have, let the Atomix team know your opinnion.

Posté Thu 17 Oct 02 @ 11:29 pm
That would have been cool man !!!

I love having everything controlled from the keyboard ... runs a heck of alot faster that way ... the tricky part about keyboard shortcuts is the logical assingment that comes with it (deciding which shortcuts go where) !!

Posté Fri 18 Oct 02 @ 1:02 am
ATOMIX controller and American dj controller are they the same?

Posté Fri 18 Oct 02 @ 10:11 pm
hey DJ DiGiTize,

does that mean you stopped developping ans selling it?
Or are you just not allowed to mention your product here (which is normal of course)
It's a free market man, make a website, and sell your product.
And if you don't ,someone else will.

check this:
http://www.steadlands.com/xkcontroller_dj.htm

a controller that can be used for all sorts of prog's , including atomix and Traktor

Posté Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 9:31 pm
i have been around studio and dj products for years and if i had to buy a new midi or audio controller everytime a new bit software came out i would be fuckin pissed. this is a cheap way to make money out u the paying public.
internal differences yeh yeh right Bull Shit.just supply a upgrade chip you cheap dirty people dmc-1 is the same u just change the label stick a chip in it worth about £1.35-£3.00max
then i may buy your product and not use a crack 2.1at that got passed the internet issue
SORT IT OUT

Posté Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 11:21 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)