Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet What do yall use to Dj live with Atomix ??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

One pAkHome userMember since 2002
hey party people..!! i have a question, i would like to dj at parties , gigs , etc....but dont know what to use or hook ups for live dj ing .... do i use a lab top? .... please hellp!? :)
Dj One pak

Posté Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 2:29 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I use a laptop running Atomix (obviously). I use an external mixer, amp and speakers. I also have a couple cd players standing by just in case the laptop crashes. Software is a scary thing sometimes. I use a single soundcard with the dual mono out for two seperate channels and thats about it. If you need more precise directions please feel free to post your questions.

DJ Homeboy

Posté Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 10:00 pm
Great!! but how do you hook everything up ? to what to what? and do you carry all this with you when u perform a gig? I would like to get some ideas on what to hook up with what?... thanks...

Posté Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 3:31 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Yeah, you have to bring it with you! :D

The laptop is hooked to the mixing table, with the single card setup you split off the right and left channels and use them as mono inputs.

The mixing table hooks into the amp.

If you're just mixing at a party you may need to bring an amp and speakers. Lighting stuff is also a good idea, I have a strobe, a directional intelligent light, and a sphere that changes color with the bass (from the 70's, it's so old school)

If you're at a club or other more established venue you probably wont need an amp and speakers.

Posté Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 11:09 pm
hey yeah, just show up at the venue with atomix on your laptop and a harddrive full of phat tracks and your the motherfucking pimp. Seriously, atomix changed the whole way people dj, no longer do you need to be "in the know" to get limited dub plates. Now with mp3's we can get tracks before they are cut to vinyl even.

Much respect to everyone who has the balls to no worry if the crowd thinks your not cool cuz you dont have final and to those who drop the phat tracks and mix the beats likea motherfucker

Posté Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 9:56 am
thanks a whole bunch djtalon... now i know , and knowings half the battle.... :D

Posté Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 7:45 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
I use a desktop computer at gigs (its a shit, but theyre more upgradable..........) i am using a SB Live! and i use the two stereo line outs to plug up into my Behringer DX500 mixer.. from that it goes to an amp and then to speakers....

For lighting, i have a laser and I hire all the rest, usually intelligent lighting......... nice:D

.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

Posté Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 1:53 am
I use a desktop ( 1.2 ghz Athlon, 60gig Hd, 1gig ram) with two sound card, hooked up to my mixer, plus 2 SL-1200 turntable and a Denon cd player.

Posté Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 8:21 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
When you're at a gig with other DJ's the mixer, amp, speakers and lighting is usually there already (as well as 100s to 1000s of punters!) just rock on up with your laptop, power supply (never forget this) and cord to plug form sound card into two channels on the mixer... works fine for me every time.

A few DJs are still a bit quirky about the laptop, but they're soon charging on the dance floor to the tunes anyway!

If you're really sly, you can patch a line out from the mixer into your laptop at the beginning of your set and record your set and the rest of the night!!!

Posté Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 12:37 am
I use atomix v2 on an IBM a22m laptop.
An Edirol UA-5 audio capture card (plugged into the USB port.
This goes into my Beringer DX500 mixer, and from there it goes to my JBL EON15 G2's.
I have a VOCOPRO mike mixer so as I can piss off the crowd with my words of wisdom.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Posté Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 6:14 am
Hi, I've got at home a DJ setup. In my desktop computer are two soundcard. I've connected them with my mixer and ofcourse my mixer with my amp. It works perfect and i have the benefit of monitoring the both channels at the same time. I really miss this feature in Atomix V2.

Posté Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 1:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)