Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Using the "Preview" Feature

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

How do you use the preview feature if your spinning live...you dont want the crowd to hear your preview, and you only have one sound card? I saw in another post someone said u dont need to cards with this new feature. Will a Y spllitter help?

Dj bacchus

Posté Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 12:37 am
Yes you can use a stereo Y-Splitter !!! The main output goes through the first stereo jack and the preview goes through other.

The CUE mixing not only allows you to preview one deck ... it allows you to hear both decks at the same time in your headphones.

-- CanadaDave --

Posté Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:01 am
mmmmmmm
beutiful..

People cant beleive the mixes i've come up with without even previewing my tracks (i practically have to know the songs by heart, and go by the scope at the top...which has actually worked fairly well...)

off to radio shack i go!

Posté Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:25 am
RipOff Shack

Posté Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 2:55 am
yeah....true that....lik 9$ for a part i could have made in electronics class for 50Cents...

But it was worth it...im having mega fun already....

Posté Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 6:50 pm
Glad to hear !!

But keep in mind ... Radio Shack cables are HIGH quality and last a long time. But it's $9 for a 3 foot RCA to Stereo jack .... I went out and got the same one from the dollar store for $2 for a 5 foot one.

Posté Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 10:25 pm
Just want to say that I've had the same experience as the other anon' guy:
I've amazed my friends completely with Atomix, they can't figure out how I, who have never done a live-mix in my life, can do the smoothes live-mixes and that WITHOUT preview/headphones... YES, I'm one of those blatantly called a "poor hack".. sure, my mix goes silent(:no systemsounds when the speakers are blasting..that could make you jump out of your seat when does unexpected alerts pop up) for a second or so every 10-20 minutes as the This is just a demo-alert comes up... but STILL my friends are filled with awe as they hear the result. :)

As soon as I get an extra 60$ I'm getting the real deal even though I probably wouln't use a Y-splitter (mono is SHITE)..
I just LOVE Atomix and have been getting better at mixing every night since I found it (I knew jack **** about mixing before I found this)

/Anon swede

Posté Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 8:30 am
Oh well.. I've become a regular poster (have written about 4-5 posts a day this past week) and am obviously addicted, from now on the anon' swede will be known as Tommy_2Tall, DJ-wannabe :)

Posté Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 10:19 am
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
glad to hear that someone is willing to spend the $60 to get the full version of the program......
I'm having the time of my life mixing for myself and friends, and all for a measly $60!!!

hate to be blatant, but thanks team, for some truly awesome software.

Posté Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 1:21 pm
arf

Posté Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:54 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)