Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet I need to know how to connect an external mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey I gotta dee jay on saturday and they got a good mixer and i wannna know how to hook my pc up to it so i can mix on 2 channels with a mixer.....i only have one soundcard....and i need to know what kinda cables i need

help me out

Posté Tue 17 Dec 02 @ 6:28 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
RCA to Stereo Jack. Jack go to computer out and the L Rca and R Rca to mixer. But in demo atomix version preview PFL does not work. Most of the computer shops got it.
Have a good nite...

Ps
Most of the mixer are unbalance and RCA is ok. If it is balance you need Canon to Stereo jack.

Posté Tue 17 Dec 02 @ 7:43 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Also you need the full version of Atomix, the demo does not have the ability to do this.

Posté Tue 17 Dec 02 @ 8:15 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
Does your soundcard have 2 outputs? I have a Soundblaster Platinum - it has a "front" and "rear" output, for surround I guess.

I use an external mixer - connect front output to left input on mixer and rear to right - works like a dream.

If not, I would recommend the cheapest ($10) card you can find and slam it in to your machine. I have a box load of old cards - look around your house, you might find one ;)

Just my .02

Jack.

Posté Wed 18 Dec 02 @ 11:23 am
I have the full version im just too lazy to update my serial number......but does a mixer vs. the standard mouse & keyboard work better

Posté Wed 18 Dec 02 @ 6:28 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Please register your profile or you won't get any help about the full version. It only takes a few seconds !

Posté Wed 18 Dec 02 @ 7:27 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
IMHO, using a hardware mixer is just so much easier than mucking around with a mouse or keyboard.

Just my .02

Jack.

Posté Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 10:41 am
DJKk786Home userMember since 2003
I am also going through the same problem. I only have one standard soundcard with a single output. I got the RCA to Stereo plug to connect it to the computer, but where is the configuration to adjust the 2 channels? Where will the other channel hook up to? Only one channel can be hooked up.

Please respond soon someone, I want to purchase this software if this is possible and easy to understand.

Thanx,
DJ Krazy King

Posté Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 2:20 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJKk786 & other Demo user. YOU NEED THE FULL VERSION (LEGAL)...that means also REGISTERED, and NOT CRACKED. **** DEMO **** VERSION DOES NOT SUPPORT FULL SOUNDCARD SUPPORT!
Don't mean to shout, but alot of hard to hear people, even after other people post the same, answer over and over.
Carman :)

Posté Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 6:56 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
they are the guys who looked on efnet.

Posté Tue 25 Feb 03 @ 9:11 am
DJ ESPHome userMember since 2003
Well this is the setup I have for mixing

I have 2 Technics SL-1200MK2
Behringer DX1000 Pro Mixer 7 Channel
Atomix on PC..AMD 750mhz win98 Soundblaster pci128 soundcard

you have to buy the wire from Radio shack or any electronics store. it has RCA on one end and 1/4 jack on other end that plugs into sound card audio-out jack. Plug RCA ends into mixer open channel and there you go..
I mix vinyl to vinyl then vinyl to PC then back to vinyl
other DJ's here in vegas have never seen a setup like mine and commend me on it.. Infinite amount of songs you can get from internet.. just takes some skill to beat match to actual turntables and vice versa.

I dont plan on spending 550 dollars on FinalScratch which is the same thing but you use turntables to match the mp3's on the laptop or computer..

i will get a picture of my set up and post it at a later date.

Good luck

Posté Tue 25 Feb 03 @ 10:36 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you are using it, and if you like it so much, why not go ahead a buy the software. It's well worth the 60 bucks, and plus you'll get all the effects?

Posté Tue 25 Feb 03 @ 11:10 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)