Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet chop & screw

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

if you dont know what chop & screw is you needs 2.

Posté Thu 02 Jan 03 @ 2:28 am
chopboyHome userMember since 2004
I know what it is but i dont know how to do it with this atomix can you help me out.

Posté Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 10:14 pm
ok first of all you have to go to options and go to the Fame Settings tab and disable the Time Stretch so the pitch slider gives you that "screw" effect. next set one of the effect slots with flippin doubles(if you have it) then load up a song and set the BPM to about 60-80 and sample the "chops" otherwise setting it too low would result in..."chopp-chopp"...if it is set correctly it would sound like chop-chop..the normal way....i hope this was helpful

give me your feedback

Posté Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 4:05 am
i am a beginer can sum budy help me wit this
i like them southhern mixes so can some budy teach me how o screw and chop my songs
if u have a myspace contact me tHere ok plse iight

Posté Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 12:49 am
i think i have been using the terms incorrectly, can somebody splain again? and go slow...
i thought chop was just when u cut the song in segements,
and screwing was what ever effects you put on it that werent in the song normally.
i have been speeding songs up on certain parts, and slowing them down - what's this with the time line?

and godsson? i'm http://myspace.com/omgitzkane

Posté Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 7:06 pm
hmmmm
i'm still gonna cal my little mixes chopped and screwed.
i didnt read the eula ( who does? i mean really, come on!) i hope its not a problem i been sharing my mixes.....

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 11:27 am
haha you all are some rookies when it comes to chop and screw well im going to help you out mostly i dont do this but it is really hard to master but here it goes first you must have 2 of the same songs loaded up on the Virtual turn table put your pitch on 20.1 on both turn tables then on turn table 2 postion the song where it is 3-4 milli sec ahead of turntable 1 then hit paly on both at the same time and make sure your mixer is on table 1 and start choppen and screwen thats the texas way and this is how i make my money

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 8:42 am
ooo yea hit the website freewebs.com/djoverthrowed to hear some samples

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 8:43 am
I've been working on screwed and chopped tracks for the past month. A few things help me. Finding the right BPM for rap songs is the first. If the program can't get the right BPM just tap it out. Once you got the right BPM, just skip 1 beat forwards and 1 beat back to get the chopped effects. Flippin doubles is useful also.

Posté Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 7:02 pm
load the song you want to chop and screw into both slots, lower the bpm on both (they both have to be the same beat number), move your crossfader to the right, then start the left one and then the right one (you have to move fast ) it's better to use the tab and p shortcut (the green has to be on the left one then press p, tab ,p after you get both started just move the crossfader back and forth with the beat!!! Nak*town, Texas Reprasenta!!

Posté Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 10:20 pm
Ok I have been chopping and screwing with atomix for about a year. The first explination may work but thats not how screw would have liked it. Try this...dont mess with any settings...pick a rap song you like that is around 120 bpm. load both tracks and play side b one beat ahead of side a...instant perfect chop...now your timiing with the fader will determine if the chop sounds good or like shit. it needs to be fluiid both ways...first slide over to b then back to a. i usually slow faster bpm songs like 130-140 to -18% and it has a real swissa house feel to it. after a year i still dont know how to sync a half beat...thats alll you need to do to chop n screw slower bpm songs is half a beat vs a full beat. thats my two cents. you can check out my songs on soundcloud. djunceen - i am by no means telling anyone who described how they did it is wrong...im just saying my way is the right way..lol

let me know how to get a half beat sync because there are so many 80-90 bpm songs that would go so hard if i could sync the timiing...any help would be much appreciated..glad theres some peeps out there keeping dj screws legacy alive

Ima Rep TEXAS

be ready to listen to the song so much you never want to hear it again. also play with the brake...set some verses that sync on the same beat so you can juggle them...theres all kinds of fun stuff to do. ive learned all by trial and error.. make sure you chop ahead and not behind...ie side b is the chop side a is the track. not the other way around...so you have to anticipate the chop where as if you do it vice versa you listen to the chop then go backwards...and that aint how we do's it

to further explain the beat..just to beat the dead horse...those 4 bars stacked two high on for side a and b...each one of those is a beat. so if you play side b wait one beat...then play a...your already in sync. the tricky part is getting back there after juggling a verse. i guess i know a lot more than i thought i did. but i dont know shit compared to most so take my advice for what its worth and be prepared to listen to the song...over and over...and practice what chops sound good and what dont. all of the time its going to be either beat 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. once you figure that out you will realize that you cant just chop 2 and 4 every verse..it sounds like shit..plus i hate taking away important parts of the songs on chops..also try chopping the beggining of the verse instead of the played out clap.

TX born N Raised Screw head IM not giving away all the secrets ive figured out but if your really interested hit me up @djunceen@gmail.com i only come here when there is a problem

Posté Wed 30 May 12 @ 7:27 pm
djcandikane wrote :
i think i have been using the terms incorrectly, can somebody splain again? and go slow...
i thought chop was just when u cut the song in segements,
and screwing was what ever effects you put on it that werent in the song normally.
i have been speeding songs up on certain parts, and slowing them down - what's this with the time line?

and godsson? i'm http://myspace.com/omgitzkane

oh boy...ok its really simple actually...but only after you do it will the light bulb go off. chop simply refers to moving the fader to deck b and back to a. deck b always plays ahead of track a. so all a chop is basically a repeat of a word or sound. done by sliding the fader ahead to the b side and back to the a side to give the effect. and screwing is way simple bro...just slide your pitch in the - 12-18% and its screwed. if you need more help hmu at djunceen@gmail.com soundcloud djunceen

Posté Wed 30 May 12 @ 7:40 pm
metalstream wrote :
haha you all are some rookies when it comes to chop and screw well im going to help you out mostly i dont do this but it is really hard to master but here it goes first you must have 2 of the same songs loaded up on the Virtual turn table put your pitch on 20.1 on both turn tables then on turn table 2 postion the song where it is 3-4 milli sec ahead of turntable 1 then hit paly on both at the same time and make sure your mixer is on table 1 and start choppen and screwen thats the texas way and this is how i make my money

not to knock your hustle homie but i agree..you set b a half beat or full beat ahead depending on bpms...but when you throw a brake in you need to be able to recover that same timing very fast. so reguardless of your equipment hotkey clone deck...then you can easily get b back ahead of a intime for the next chop. that also opens up all the possibilities for making it a really funky mix. neway just my humble opinion. i use a numark ns6 so if any of you have that i can make your life much easier..if not just map clone deck to your controller or hotkey to your keyboard. priceless.
just cause screw used -20 pitch doesnt make that the only way to do it...for instance wiz khalifa sounds clean as hell at only 13 while chamilllionaire ima rep texas i bend it to 18. im a screw head...but honestly didnt really care for dj screws music. blashemy but i prefer where it went afterward . i have the grey tapes and its just beats slowed to -20 . if you really want to know where it came from go get yourself a bottle of prometh w/ codiene and pour up....then you will understand it completely. I love to slow n throw while muddy but i cant affford it after all these hoe ass rappers gave up the game. next time you find some shit you like stfu ---also in texas we dont like you to call your music chopped n screwed...why? because you weren't him . its is refered to by that name but a little advice call it something else..i call my music slowed n throwd. you wanna know why peeps take offense go by screwed up click shit like zro and he tells it like it is. zro is cold and nobody up north has even heard of him. Z-ro but i know you screw heads know him...i hope u do...

"i use to be a sucker for love but im alright now...aint nothing important to me except codiene over ice now...use to be a one woman man but i cant see myself with a wife now ...fuck trying to please a motherfucker who cant be pleased im living my life now" z-ro

Posté Wed 30 May 12 @ 7:44 pm

Posté Thu 31 May 12 @ 10:04 am

let me know how to get a half beat sync because there are so many 80-90 bpm songs that would go so hard if i could sync the timiing...any help would be much appreciated..glad theres some peeps out there keeping dj screws legacy alive

First go to the song on the list right click it'll bring up a menu go to BPM then manual edit they'll b a x2 click it one time it'll double the beats and then you can chop songs that have lower BPMs

Posté Mon 20 May 13 @ 8:05 pm
Not to sound like a total fool but couldn't you just set up a beat grid for this?

Posté Mon 27 May 13 @ 5:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)