Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Where Does everyone Get Their MP3s?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What is everyone's source for music? CD's? Subscription Download Service/Clubs? Record Pools? Please include URLs, if applicable.

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 7:50 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I get cds and rip them. i have downloaded a few of msn but www.play.com or www.playusa.com are the best online stores. free delivery, but not sure about delivery to outside of the UK or USA

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 10:27 am
check out "Soulseek"
or "allofmp3.com" a russian platform-very good and very cheap!!!!!

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 3:52 pm
I have subscription service for:

Promo Only, http://www.promoonly.com/
ERG Music, http://www.ergmusic.com/

Both are around the same price, ($160 per year, each series). I have 4 different series - Urban Radio, Urban Club, Mainstream Radio and Nu Urban Traxx. Note the Urban Club series has un-edited versions of all the hot Urban singles, plus unstrumentals and accapellas.

For anything I don't get in those subscriptions, I get from allofmp3.com. That site is amazing. Avergage cost for an entire CD is about $1.25. Amazing.

Posté Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 5:20 pm
Thanks for the replies. The www.playusa.com seems to only have DVDs. Anewsome, I'll save those promo sites for when I start making money. lol I like the allofmp3 site. I'll give that one a shot. Does anyone know anything about http://www.therecordpool.com/ ? I found out about it through the PCDJ site. I'm wondering if that one is any good. Thanks all. Keep the replies coming. :-)

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 6:33 am
I checked out the record pool link a few months back. It seemed kinda shady so I elected not to join. Besides, I like ERG and Promo Only because they send you real CDs, not some shady download service. I personally like to rip and encode all my own cds. My process is so tight that I always have 100% perfect encodes with correct ID3 tags, sound quality, etc.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:06 am
rafikiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Check out sixdegreesrecords.com.. YOu can purchase mp3 formats directly of their artists so no license protection wma to mp3 hassles. Plus my dancers go nuts with their music/remixes.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 2:39 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Checked out ergmusic.com ...great site!

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 3:29 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
promoonly subscription. DVD and Mainstream radio.

MP3's via allofmp3.com

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Because of current uncertainty about the legality of the mp3...I'm ripping 99.9% from CD's, yea I just buy CD's for now.

Theirs alot of stuff avaliable on CD, and it works out cheaper (per track) than most legal mp3 sites.

But how do you beat the material on those underground House music sites?, you can't really, because they have EVERYTHING.., so i'm currentely waiting to see the outcome of the law, I must admit I much prefer having my music on a material format than just having a file..

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:55 pm
Great replies, so far. I tried allofmp3.com and ordered a few mp3s encoded in 160 and 192 vbr and I have been unable to play them using WMP, Quintessential Player, VDJ or Winamp. A few of you have mentioned this site so I doubt that I was suckered. Is there a secret to playing these MP3s that I am not aware of? Thanks.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:55 pm
6 secounds out Deejay EL, hope you meant my reply was great too?..

lool.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:57 pm
Of course I meant your too, Bagpuss. what do you mean by "6 secounds out"?

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 8:20 pm
look at my post (4 posts up), then look at yours (3 posts up), you said that all the responses were great right?, you said that 6 secounds after i'd posted my response, so you read my post and replied all within 6 secounds?.., hehe..as you can see the time posted ;).

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:13 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bagpuss,

What law about MP3s are you referring to? Also, I wouldn't advertise using allofmp3.com, since they clearly host pirated content. Even though their web site says they are 100% compliant with all applicable Russian laws, I am certain that the original copyrights of music authors are violated.

Last time I checked (on the CPA exam a couple of years back), in U.S., a contract (for the purchase of music) is valid ONLY if a buyer takes the goods "in good faith," meaning that, to buyer's best knowledge, the goods were not stolen, etc. Think about it, if someone offered you a brand-new Ducati for $200, would you buy it?

My only point is this: use it, but don't advertise it. At least not as a legitimate way to get music.

Peace.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:12 pm
I've purchased a few hundred mp3s from allofmp3.com and I haven't found 1 that is bad yet. If you are downloading from there, my guess is the files are being corrupted somehow. You might try their download app and see how that works out.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:13 pm
Bagpuss, I have no control over the timestamps on this website, but trust me, I had more than 6 seconds to read ALL the posts and reply. lol

Anewsome, I've been using allmp3's explorer, so I'm not sure what is going on. I hope it can get worked out. Luckily, I only spent $10, although my balance is still $9+.

Once again great replies to all and keep them coming!!!

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:30 pm
Of course when I do buy online I know that www.traxsource.com is the best House music site on the web :)

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:32 pm
Nice, Bagpuss. I love House music.

Posté Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)