Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Skipping (Already read sticky about it) - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Had a AMD Thunderbird 850Mhz up until a couple of weeks ago. Skipped badly.

Upgraded to AthlonXP 2500+, Radeon 9600 PRO, Audigy 2.

All drivers are latest versions, including video/sound/DX9/nForce2 mobo drivers.

Installed VDJ 1.08 Demo onto a fresh XP. When I say fresh I mean nothing other than XP is installed on the HD (Maxtor 120gb 8mb cache). VDJ charts - disabled, Limiter - disabled, Time stretch - disabled. No internet connection when using VDJ. No anti-virus installed at time of testing (installed now).

Read the sticky on solutions to skipping. Disabled services etc. Still skips badly whether PC is on for 30 mins or 3 hours.

Used AtomixMP3 which was OK. Used VDJ since its initial release, used all the updates, still skips. No Hyperthreading technology to blame it on.

So, VirtualDJ Support Team/Developement Team/Whoever....

How do you explain that?

I'm interested to know what system VDJ was/is tested on when it was in development.

There's plenty more ppl who have the same problem as I have with VDJ (including a friend who runs the full version on a 2600+), we can't all be wrong.

Own up and admit the software needs A LOT of work doing to it. Sometimes, it's to easy to blame hardware.

Why not hire some professional programmers to help you fix it.

____
Paul

Posté Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 1:35 am
Also, skips horribly with even the slightest movement of the Bass crossfader and the graphical track thing at the top pauses puts the mix out of sync. Happens with basic & advanced skin.

Doesn't look good.

Posté Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 2:06 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are 10's of thousands of people who use this software. Myself included. I use it 3-5 times every week in front of hundreds of people. I've never had a skip or a glitch. (my computer isn't nearly as fast as yours either) I'm very interested to see how many people will jump in on this thread and say they are having similar issues.
Instead of accusing the developers of taking shortcuts, you should be trouble shooting your computer and figure out what may be causing you to have such problems that thousands and thousands of others, (many with slower computers) are not having.
One good way of insuring yourself good technical help would be to NOT jump in here and hurl about insults at the development staff.

Posté Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 2:25 am
Insults? Where are the insults?

As for expecting technical help, I don't.

The fact that I've had basically 3 completely different computers since VDJ first come out, and the software fails to run as it should on any of them, speaks volumes for the software itself.

Yes, doubtless there is thousands who use the software and are happy with it, but there's also thousands who are not happy. Many more I suspect chose not to voice their opinions on it on forums.

There is obviously not enough testing of the software carried out on a wide range of hardware.

In my opinion the software is not good enough at this stage to warrant being used in clubs. I recently went to a pub/club nearby where I live where the DJ used VDJ (1.08, I asked him) and it crashed twice in the first 2 hours. He said he's getting used happening now. He also told me he's had two laptops and they both have the same problem.

I find it unbelievable how a company can charge the fees it does for software like this.

No doubt the creators worked hard bringing us the software but as any decent software designer/programmer will tell you, rigorous testing on a wide range of systems is crucial if the application is going to be released to the public.

I advise you to read through my posts again and this time, do it thoroughly and you will see that nowhere in them do I insult anyone. If you regard my first hand experiences with the software and subsequent opinions on it as insults, I suggest you look up the word in a dictionary.

Posté Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 6:27 pm
Sir,

I use Virtual DJ in Club 4 night /week since July 2003 and I never have crashing or other thing you talk about. I use an AthlonXP 1,8 with 512 and now 768 Mb of RAM. This computer is on Internet LAN with antivirus software and Zoom Player software to play video (Yes I use VDJ AND I play video at the same time with the same computer with a dual video card!

Virtual DJ work at home with an AMD Duron 850 MHz, 640 Mb of Ram and the only one thing I have is a little freeze in screen when I use another software in background

I know a lot of user who use VDJ in club without any problem, we can't all be wrong too

Sometimes, it's to easy to blame software, I don’t know for what software competitor you work but if you want to be credible, please put a valid email address in your profile and stop to say anything about this software. (Your email address @invalid.com is for sale!) I’m credible, just look at this address: www.lecoyotebar.com, if you think we all are the liars.

So, this anonymous post is very no constructive.

Regard

Coyote

Posté Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 8:44 pm
i also had some freezing or cutting of sound and visual with my old lap top but its an old laptop and my hard disk is full right to the top so i cant complain

but with my new home pc which isnt that great of specs it runs perfectly except for the human glitches ( lol ) when ur pc is in a good shape with enough memory and ram it runs perfectly

i have noticed that on the forums alot of demo users are complaining and dissing the program and i think its the competition wanting to make vdj look bad ( that my own opinin ) its a great software i paid in full for atomixmp3 which is great and vdj which is even better and i'm so satisfied i should pay some more money and all i can say is that i cant imagine what the next update would be like coz this is great

thanx for all the hard work vdj team

dj smokey

Posté Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 2:56 am
Did I call anyone a liar? I think not. Again, please read my post properly before replying. *Sigh*

I'm not doubting for many people the software works fine but it seems to me they are the lucky ones i.e they have the right hardware.

I find it laughable you assume I work for a rival company just because the software has problems on my machine. That really is pathetic.

Regarding my email address, why should I change it? Do you think I like spam in my mailbox?

I'm getting bored of this now but I'll ask you a question first.

Do you expect to have 3 COMPLETELY different computers over the past 3 years (newest being a AthlonXP 2500+, 512MB DDR) and none of them to run this software satisfactorily?

Posté Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 4:52 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First, VDJ has been out less than 1 year.
It is certainly possible that you have a common conflict on 3 machines.
Your best bet may be to write into e-service with a complete explanation of what exactly you are experiencing.
I'd suggest that you take more of a "can you help me" approach, rather than the "your software is bad" approach that you seem committed to.

Like I said before, there are 10's of thousands of people using this software. There have been VERY FEW people who have had skipping problems.
If you write in asking for some assistance, and not being critical, I'm fairly sure that the team will try to assist you in overcoming your specific problem.

I find it fairly interesting that no one else has jumped into this thread with similar problems. You might want to think about the idea that your issues are your issues, and not suggest that the problems you computer seem to be having are related to "bad programming"

Posté Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 5:15 pm
toffe paul

do u have more than one os running on ur machine?

coz i had the same problem when i ran win98 and winxp

its a slave and master problem i think

coz it worked fine on 98 but had some skippin on xp

and now with xp pro it runs better than a clock

Posté Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 1:26 pm
WINXP only

Posté Tue 23 Mar 04 @ 5:03 pm
I hate to say it, but I have had this skipping problem on my laptop as well. It's very subtle, but it sets the rhythm of the music off by about 1/16-1/8 of a beat. I have a Sony V505 Laptop, 1.5mhz, 40 gig HD, 512 Ram, dual sound cards so my hardware is suitable.

This skipping even occurs after reading all the online forum information, disabling a ton of stuff (graphics, antivirus, services etc) All those recomendations didn't change a thing.

I have seen this issue on other forums and I'm sure there are numberous e-mail inquiries about it. For deplomacy' sake, the developers should not feel personally attacked. It's very difficult for a consumer to spend money and then feel "naked" at the helm of a party when the skipping occures.

I think VDJ needs to come out with version 1.09 with some minor but very important upgrades (better stability, ID3 read ability, return of fade-out/fade-in feature) I'm sure there's more but the point is that as a customer, we feel a little neglected. Forums are a great place to vent, but it really doesn't solve the actual problem. I think an upgrade version is due up. As customers, we'll keep tweaking our hardware if the developers keep improving their software (regularly).

On a last note, I think VDJ is almost an incredible program. I have many other dj's jealous at this point, but when they have heard the skips or realize the small limitations....they start to second guess their immediate possitive reaction.

Erik

Posté Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 5:39 pm
Hi guys!
Same problems here :S
Skipping and it sounds like virtual dj cant keep in pace. Not only while mixing also when im just playing a mp3 on 1 of the "decks". No problems with any onther software. Just VDJ.. :s
Here are my specs

System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: SKYCOMPUTEREUROPE
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 172MB used, 1077MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

Posté Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 12:43 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
make sure your soundcard has a dedicated IRQ this can cause skips because it is being shared with other devices

Posté Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 2:36 pm
XEODEHome userMember since 2004
The worst bits of virtual dj (havnt seen the new version as cant get it to run[protection error16]) are the performace of the timestretching algorhythm (an option to select the number of samples per second or whatever it uses for those with faster computers would be good). i have seen timestretching work in other programs without these problems. prahaps a different one wud be a better?

prahaps a mechanism to correct the pitch after using a normal bitrate change could be used rather than the complicated method that is used at the moment resulting in short beats being cut and stuttering.

Posté Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 3:45 pm
"(havnt seen the new version as cant get it to run[protection error16]"

well... guess u did not buy the software then?
cracked versions dont work usually... hackers make bad code

if u DID by the software, go here for help:
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/e-service/

:)

Posté Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 4:12 pm
I was having skipping on winxp also.
I am using SBLive 5.1 cards.... also KX-drivers might give problems. Now with win2k I never have skipping. If possibly try win2k and see if the skips stop. Might due some buffer setting in winxp ???

Posté Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 6:39 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
there are many possible things that can make vdj skips.
Sometimes is software related and sometimes is hardware related. When i say software, i dont talk about virtualdj but any other software/driver/service pack/windows/ etc etc etc installed on your PC, or it could be an IRQ conflict;
When i say hardware, it could be a bad Ram memory (break), plugged devices (such as zip device, usb devices, etc), motherboard, etc..
Each case is different, and there isnt an Universal Solution. But we are very sure is that software works very good and the skip comes from a computer problem.

Posté Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 11:44 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is something wrong with your system. VDJ is very RAM intensive and I'd guess you either have a problem with your RAM/Virtual Memory or your soundcard is choking on its crowded IRQ.

I use VDJ at home with a cheap 1.2ghz Athlon, 384megs of pc100 SDRAM, and an OEM Soundblaster Live Value. Runs like a champ even with all of the spyware and garbage I, undoubtedly, have on that machine.

So either VDJ is optimized to only run on 5 year old garbage machines with half the processing power of today's tech, or you have a lot of nice, powerful, components working in conflict with each other.

The most probable explanation, even if you don't want to hear it, is that you have a flaw in your system that only shows its face under heavy load and ram use. There are plenty of system testing apps out there that will run every piece of your computer through a grueling test. Look them up.

Posté Sun 29 Aug 04 @ 5:32 am
It seems that we have a little cat fight here LOL.., I am being honest I brought the virtualdj not even 5 days yet and it freezes, skips, rewind,closes change audio levels and I broight the dj console and a HP pavillion computer 3200 amd,512,180gig what more do you need to run this software smooth Iam not picking at the tech guys or djs with bad computers Iam just posting a neutral problem with out picking sides. I will install service pack2 and then post the results,since everyone crys updated your drivers. I have 2 computers one for traktordj and one for vdj2.02 guess which one crash in less the 20 minutes of mixing no joke.......
now lets all get along and try to help each other so our girl friends or wives does not have to say we waste our money on technology

Posté Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 2:30 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if you havent done it yet, check this topic (read it all)

Posté Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 4:47 am
80%