Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DAC-3 Has just arrived !!!! :) - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

AndrewPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You will see native support. I sent an sdk to Stephane.

Best,

Andrew
PCDJ Team

Posté Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 5:12 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I'd sure like to get one here for the team, The dev team has the sdk, so yes vdj will have native support for the dac-3 soon hopefully. As soon as I get a link to the midi drivers I'll post them up for other users. And to answer your other question yes the dac-2 lcd's work with vdj, and there are currently 2 map sets for it.

Posté Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 6:07 pm

Posté Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 10:03 pm
Please keep in mind, we released these early just for our Good friend Cyder. You guys knock yourselves out making a preset for VDJ.

Best,

Andrew
PCDJ Team

Posté Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 10:04 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Great news,

I just made it a sticky for others to see.

Posté Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 10:05 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Cyder, Cyfer, & Oak ALL Suk. (That's a good thing!)

;-)

Posté Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 11:40 pm
I've got the DAC-3 MIDI driver installed and working and have made a start mapping this up in VDJ via shortcuts. However, so far I've come across the following problems:

* The jog wheels only seem to send one MIDI value regardless of which way you turn them (E.g: MIDI 4 for left jog wheel), making it only possible to move in one direction. Looking at the XML preset file, it looks like it should send two separate values, but it doesn't.

* The pitch sliders are reversed - Moving the fader up speeds the music up rather than slowing it down.

* Some buttons/controls send duplicate MIDI values - For example, left-side 'wait list' button and right-side pitch slider both send MIDI 2.

Posté Sat 24 Sep 05 @ 8:51 pm
You've got further than me.

I can't get VDJ to recognize it at all.

I've installed midi-yoke NT and followed the instructions on the website for winxp.
Appears in my hardware list.
Run DAC-3 and mapped it to the virtual midi port 1 as per instructions
Selected the default preset, hit start. Left that running and went to VDJ
config > enabled midi. Gone to shortcuts, nothing appears when i press buttons on the dac. Bugger.
Any ideas what i've done wrong. Sure isn't straight forward :(

Nick

Posté Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 11:51 am
Hi,

The default preset will not work with vdj, I'm not sure how vdj works, but you'll need to figure out how to use the MIDI learn feature and you'll need to map each button your self. Cyder is going to be create a VDJ preset xml file, unless some here does it first :)

Best,

Andrew
PCDJ Team

Posté Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 5:53 pm
So I need to create a new xml file to map the DAC-3 buttons to the midi, and then map them inturn to VDJ ?
What do you mean by midi-learn ?
Thanks for assistance so far :)

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 10:36 am
I've spent some time over the weekend editing the DAC-3 preset and creating VDJ shortcuts for the DAC-3.

I've managed to work out enough about the preset file to be able to modify it so that every control sends a unique MIDI value that can be mapped up in VDJ, along with separate MIDI values for left/right movement of the jog wheels.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a way yet to reverse the direction of the pitch sliders, which are currently reversed (So moving up speeds the song up instead of slowing it down, which is confusing.) Possible bug in the PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI driver itself? Perhaps there's an equivalent of on_up/on_down actions that could be used separately instead of on_change?

My custom preset and VDJ MIDI shortcuts can be found at http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj

Looking forward to native built-in support for the DAC-3 in VDJ so that the lighted buttons and LCD's work.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 1:56 pm
@jpboggis it was same for when i tried to use HErcules just as midi.
It's in the VDJ midi mapper capabilities that has to be improved (after sound :-) )

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:35 pm
@jpboggis.

Many Thanks, I'm gonna pinch those and try 'em tonight if thats ok :)
I will let you know how I get on.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 3:35 pm
@lopez453:

That's a pain - Hopefully it will be fixed ASAP given the number of decent MIDI controllers now becoming available.

@nickgoodman:

Feel free to use my config :)

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 5:09 pm
jpboggis,

In the mean time, is it cool if we include your preset xml in our midi download?

Thanks,

Andrew
PCDJ Team

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 5:43 pm
@Cyfer:

Yes, you are welcome to use my preset in the DAC-3 MIDI download.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 5:48 pm
@jpboggis :

Hi, i've attempted to use your presets, but I still get no midi response from the DAC-3. Can I pick your brain. Let me explain what i've done, hopefully you can tell me if i've missed something.

Firstly i'm running winXP pro, and virtualdj3.1. All works fine. Its worth mentioning that I have an external multichannel soundcard which has its own midi-port. I'm hopeing this is not conflicting with the virtual midi-yoke port.

Ok, so i boot up to winxp.
Next - plug the DAC-3 into usb port, The lights flash on & off and the blue LED screens light up. WinXP now asks to install the drivers, which it installs without problems.
If i look under device manager I can see two new devices which windows says is working fine.

These are:
HID-Compliant Device
USB Human Interface Device
Good so far.

Now install the Midi-Yoke thingy, and reboot (Note I have tried the one we can download which seems to be for NT but works, and also using the once from the midi yoke website which seems to use the NT Driver but with instructions for installing it on XP.
It asks me to reboot, which I do.
Okay have now rebooted and proceed to run the DAc-3 Midi Configurator.
Window comes up
I select 'PCDJ-DAC3HIDIO' For the usb device.
I select 'Midi Yoke NT 1' For the midi device.
I click Load and load your presets.
I tick the box to use the loaded presets.
I press start.
I leave this running.
Now Load VDJ3.1 (I have replaced the shortcuts with yours).
I goto config within VDJ, and tick MIDI under remote control, The green thing is on. Nothing else is selected.
I then goto keyboard shortcuts - I can see all your shortcuts in there.
I try to add my own by using add, but when I press buttons on the DAC, nothing appears under 'pressed key' - i would expect it to say MIDI-1 or something. Keys on the keyboard work fine. Done of the DAC Buttons work under VDJ.

Do you think i've missed a crucial point? I think I may go and try it on another PC just to make sure its not the sound card conflicting or something,
However - your guidance would be much appreciated.

Also I have tryed that midi-ox on the website progam which seems to monitor midi inputs/outputs - however none of the DAC buttons seem to trigger any midi events. Not that I know anything about midi.

Many Thanks, Nick.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 8:41 pm
Guess what... just tryed it on my Laptop, and it works fine... also XP, but no external soundcard..
Either that or its one of the services I've turned off on the DJ PC, i've attempted to disable anything that doesn't get used. Think a reinstall may be required !

Anyway, I know now its not me... :)

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 9:03 pm
@nickgoodman:

I can't see anything that you've missed or done incorrectly.

I think the MIDI port on your soundcard could be conflicting or confusing VDJ. When I first attempted to connect my DAC-3, I had a Evolution MIDI controller attached, which provides its own MIDI interface via USB. With this connected, I couldn't even choose the DAC-3 from the USB list in config utility. After disconnecting it, everything worked perfectly.

Is there any way you can disable the MIDI port on the external soundcard? If it shows up as a USB device, you may be able to disable it via the control panel.

Also, if you have another internal soundcard in the PC/laptop, try it with the external soundcard disconnected altogether.

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 9:12 pm
Yup.. you hit the nail on the head.. just pulled the sound card out not only has the soundcards midi port gone but so has yoki_midi port 1 (2-8 remain).

Ok - gonna deinstall soundcard, reinstall midi_yoki, and reinstall soundcard without the midi port :)

Thanks for you assistance again. Getting there !!!

Posté Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 9:18 pm
78%