Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Audigy ZS 2 & VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I encounter some problems with my creative audigy ZS 2 sound card. Songs are always skipping, I can't understand why.

I have tried with reactivity fast, medium, low; with all programs you should install (cd installation). I think I have to reinstall wxp and test with a clean system.

Before, I used SB LIVE 1024, absolutely perfect. But it sounds great with an audigy :s

I talked to acw in the French forum, but all solutions he proposes doesn't work :s

I have pIV 3.0 1 giga ram with wXP.

Posté Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 3:51 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi Phen,

You have tried almost everything. I think you have problems in your registry with this soundcard. I only can imagine what's going wrong. The fastest way to resolve is to do a fresh install of Windows XP.

If you want to try other options I give you these too:

Uninstall your soundcard drivers and software. Remove your soundcard from your computer. Remove all temporary files from your computer. Defrag your harddisk. Reboot. Install CD software (install default settings (all software)). Shutdown your computer. Install your Audigy2 in another PCI Slot. Turn on the computer and ... cross your fingers :-)

To remove all the temp files...

In Internet Explorer, Tools->Internet Options->Internet Temporary Files
Delete Cookies, Delete Files

Close all, and now delete all files in:

C:\Documents and Settings\"your windows user"\Local Configuration\Temp
C:\Windows\Temp

(Some files are in use and don't let you to erase them, delete all others)

I do this everyday... Windows has weird reactions and this will give us a last resource before formatting and doing a fresh install as a solution.

Posté Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 4:32 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm not sure what you have tried so forgive me if it already mentioned(in french) but i think your problem is in the soundcard/driver. if the other card worked fine then it shouldn't be XP. Go into the hardware profile and delete the soundcard. Was this a driver that came with it and you installed or was it one xp found? Are there updated drivers? Maybe an older one might work better. Actually taking out the card i think is not necessary. XP will try and detect new hardware anyways after you delete the card from the profile so not sure if there is a difference.

Posté Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 8:07 pm
ok thanks for your answers. I am going to install a fresh wXP (I have got a ghost).

I firstly installed drivers from the installation CD. I downloaded the new one from Creative web site. With the new wXP, I'll directly install the last drivers I downloaded last time.

Thnaks again and I let you know :)

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 9:21 am
If you look at the Audigy card, is the chipset 0240? If so, you may have a driver issue and can only get the current updated driver by going to HP or something of the sort.

I have an AUDIGY card, I bought it in a white box. The 0240 chip was sold to OEMs including HP. If this is your chipset, try the drivers here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locBasepartNum=wk-18679-3〈=English

One other thing, you will still need the CD for the files located on it as these are just the drivers.

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 11:22 am
Phen,

I'm not sure about your SB Audigy 2 chipset, but I use this drivers version: 5.12.1.442 dated Nov, 18, 2003 with my Audigy 2 ZS. I install them from my CD. Don't update your drivers at this moment. First install from your CD and test them.

When you update your drivers you must fulfill this requirements:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4)
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio device
* EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update (SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe Released on 19 Nov 2003) for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS installed

I recommend you don't update your drivers unless the CD drivers don't work.

Good Luck!

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 1:32 pm
I would STILL confirm the chipset... as I said, the 0240 card is an oem released by Compaq, HP and a few others. If you try to upgrade the drivers from the creative website the card WILL NOT be recognized after the first update. My drivers, by the way, are 5.12.6.402 dated 7/10/2003. Also when he bought the card may have an effect on which drivers he has.

Not trying to step on any toes acw, just offering some info on an otherwise hard update to find if you don't know where to look.

I had to upgrade these drivers for my card to be fully functional under SP2 with some games... otherwise it would crash. They also worked fine for Virtual DJ 3.0.

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 3:33 pm
Another thread reminded me of something, how fast is your hard drive? 7200 rpm or 5400? Laptops usually ship with 5400 rpm hdds... it may be something to look at.

Posté Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 3:51 pm
I do not use a laptop. My HD are hitachi SATA and seagate SATA too.

thanks again and I having a look on oem number card.

In fact, I bought the card in a package with 2 games (thief 3 & cdan't remember). The total : 100 EUR. Do you think the chipset may be like yours?

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 8:57 am
On the card there should be something that says "Model: XXXX" if the model is 0240, that is the same. If you bought it in a box that had creative's logo on the outside, then it may not be the same model. In that case, if you have the problem still, you can got to www.creative.com and select support or just click this link: http://www.creative.com/language.asp?sDestUrl=/support/downloads/su.asp from there you can have creative detect and auto update your drivers... once you download NEW drivers (assuming that is the problem), don't for get to go back the the same link above over and over again until the site says, "You have the latest drivers" only then are you completely updated.

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 9:36 am
Phen,

I have the same sound card Audigy 2 ZS. I bought it with other options, but the chipset is the same for you and me. As I said before, Install from your CD, if you notice the same problem (I doubt it) download the drivers from Creative.

When I first have problems with my sound card I do 2 different things at different times. First I only install the drivers... my soundcard don't work properly so I download the last drivers from internet (totally wrong...) then I install all the CD software and get working my sound card but not all the Creative software works well... I work that way until I upgrade my hard disk and do a Windows XP fresh installation. I install my Audigy 2 CD software and I don't have any problem with anything since then.

Dell, and other computer companies offer Audigy 2 and that cards have another chipset (like Gumshoe describe). If you by your sound card with 2 games, you bought it from creative not for a computer company, right?

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 5:32 pm
I have the 0240 that I bought at a computer store in a "white box" Also called an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) box... these boxes get sold to companies that buy them in lots. Sometimes they will resell them with "packages"... like I said, if the box would be on the shelf of your local LARGE computer reseller (like Best Buy or Compusa in the states), then it is from creative... if not, it is the OEM version.

It would be nice to know what solution works for you. And I hate to have to recommend a fresh install of XP... I install fresh every 3 Months if I need it or not, but I'm rare, I test LOTS of software and things get cluttered. If he ONLY uses this PC for DJing... no reason to clean it up with a fresh install unless he gets on the internet a lot with it as well.

Posté Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 10:43 pm
Hi,

That's a tragedy. The chipset is SB0350. Then, It is recognised correctly but VDJ is always skipping :(

I install a fresh copy of wXP and it's the same! :(((

Don't know what to try one more time. I am going to try the creative sound card with an other computer. Maybe a other motherboard chipset is the solution.

:(

Posté Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 3:20 pm

Posté Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 4:33 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Phenryll, try this little and harmless tool before going mad :)
http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Audio/WaveOut-DSound.zip

MAYBE a change of the default sound renderer (DSound or WaveOut) can help you, reboot every time you change it to make it work. This tool is not specific for your problem, but I noticed that sometimes the renderer is responsible in some way for skipping, this tool works for me at least. The procedure is non-invasive ;) so give it a try.

When you reinstalled WinXP, have you followed the correct procedure?
1- Clean OS Install
2- Motherboard chipset driver update (ex. for VIA chipset there's the 4in1 package)
3- DX upgrade
4- Driver update

With my first PC configuration (1999) I've had mad problems, a vary bad conflict between my G400DH video card and the SB Live Platinum. At least it was because of the motherboard that, with WinMe, was making a mess when sending the shoutdown signal the the system. With the same MOBO but using Win2k it does't happened. With a new good MOBO, it never happened again.

Ciao!! :)

Posté Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 6:09 pm
thanks a lot guys, that may help me.

Nevertheless, I have already tried in medium and slow. In slow, it skips less but it skips anyway. Actually, skipping are more frequent when two songs are mixed. If I play one desk only, it skips from time to time (too much anyway).

I am going to install a very fresh copy of wXP. I used a terratec aureon space in the past and the drivers were &!è'("' !!!!!! You can't imagine the mess I encountered :'(
Then, maybe installing a perfect copy of wXP can be the solution, cross fingers...

arjuna, the link doesn't work. Could you give me an available one using http://www.yousendit.com/ e.a.? Thanks in advance

rgds,
uncle phen

Posté Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 11:22 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Mon 31 Oct 05 @ 11:19 am
try k-project sound card drivers it fully support your creative card and asio support - might fix your problems - creative drivers are very bugged in sound iq too noisey

Regards

DjElvIsAlive

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 7:38 pm

Why I'm going to use K-Project? I use it before (and have to do a fresh install of Windows to get off Kx Project completely) and my current Audigy 2 drivers work a lot better. Some people thinks that Sound Blaster, Sound Blaster Live!, Audigy 2 and all other models of Creative are the same, and they aren't. Audigy 2, Audigy 4, X-Fi are better.

Posté Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 11:20 pm
Where can I find those drivers please? They really work better than the creative's?

Well, I think I was able to solve my problem. That's very strange and the support team should forward this post to technical support team:

I config my sound cards with the "advanced config". Reactivity slow, med and fast cause skipping :s Any old or new drivers, that's the same.

But if I use the option "two sound cards", it works well!!!!! But only in medium reactivity; with fast, that skips :s

Thanks all for your help and special thanks to acw :p

++

Posté Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 9:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)