Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VIDEO: Can Only Get Black and White

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi guys,
I've just been testing out some DVD singles and trying to mix them, in VDJ they work fine and in full colour, however when I plug from my graphics card output to a TV's input I get only black and white picture, note: This isn't to do with VDJ, as it is like this in windows and with games etc.

I've tried this on 3 different TV's, one very new, and 2 newish ones, I have all the drivers etc, I've played with various settings, and still just black and white.

I suspect the problem is that my cable only supports black and white, or maybe my graphics card out only supports black and white.., hmm, not sure, perhaps you have a better theory before I buy a diferent cable?.

Thanks in advance.

Posté Sun 16 Oct 05 @ 11:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
svideo output from the computer, I've seen this before, only fix is a cable replacement if its doing it on more then on tv.

Posté Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 5:31 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to change the output on the TV-out from Ntsc to Pal if you live in Europe or the otherway if you live somewhere else

Posté Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 11:18 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks lads I'll try that, more on this when I return to "video" settings!, you haven't heard the last of me on this! :).

Posté Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 12:10 am
Just to confirm what the other 2 have said, i've had both these problems ...

You need a special s-video to composite video cable (which I think has a resisitor or capacitor in) - Otherwise you can get black and white, (I got three of them from ebay for less than a £10)

And, the PAL NTSC thing - go into advance settings on your video card and change from NTSC to PAL - It will probably default to NTSC, which gives you black and white on some TV's, as I discovered once - I done a gig in a pub and split the signal to 3 TV's - One plasma and two CRT's - The CRTS where black and white and the plasma was colour !, some TV's can't handle it - switched to PAL and it was fine, you need the right lead though too !

Posté Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 3:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)