Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Want to buy but some questions?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mfshvaHome userMember since 2005
Hi at first sorry for my bad english i´m german. Yesterday i have tested VDj 3.1 with a Hercules Dj Controller (the one without soundcard)
I want to use VDJ 80% with Timecodevinyls and 20% with this USB Controller. I have a RME Hammerfall DSP that i want to use with VDJ as soundcard and my system is a 1,6Ghz Centrino 12" Notebook with 512MB Ram and 80GB Hd. My Questions:

- when i buy VDJ with Timecodevinyls will it work without pitchdrift with Timecodevinyls on my RME and is setup easy?
- What´s about Relativ or Absolut mode in the Hercules Version i can not see a Option window for this? Is it possible to play with needle drop and use the loops also and scratch this loops with TCV?
- Does the pro version work really good with the usb box from hercules so that i use this box as controller and mixer and the hammerfall as soundcard , is this possible???
- Whats about the wearout of the TCV´s how long can you use it and they work fine?
- Whats about Bypass on my Hammerfall how can i use this i will only use the traktor skin of VDJ

ThANkss for your Answers

Posté Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 2:06 am
YOu can use timecode with the hercules mk2 yes...

and you can either use the hercules mk2 as a soundcard also, or the other one you have.

All you need is Asio and 2x line-in.

The rest of the questions, hopefully someone with lots of timecode can answer for you...

take a look here by the way, of timecode and vdj in action ;)
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/virtualdj_by_dj_getdown.wmv

Posté Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 11:04 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Norway, I think he doesn't have an mk2 but rather a dj-control-mp3 (no sound card)...

- when i buy VDJ with Timecodevinyls will it work without pitchdrift with Timecodevinyls on my RME and is setup easy?

yes, as long as your soundcard as a 4-in (2 stereo-in) 44.1 Khz ASIO mode

- What´s about Relativ or Absolut mode in the Hercules Version i can not see a Option window for this? Is it possible to play with needle drop and use the loops also and scratch this loops with TCV?

yes

- Does the pro version work really good with the usb box from hercules so that i use this box as controller and mixer and the hammerfall as soundcard , is this possible???

yes

- Whats about the wearout of the TCV´s how long can you use it and they work fine?

depends on your use and your needles I'd say (could be weeks, could be years). they have two sides, so wear one out and get to the other one :) I recommend Shure M44-7 needles for high-voltage-outage and low wear-and-tear.

- Whats about Bypass on my Hammerfall how can i use this i will only use the traktor skin of VDJ

not sure about this. someone else?

Posté Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 12:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)