Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Numark Dmc-1 updated chip needed ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm looking for the older dmc-1 on Ebay, but i'm not sure if the chip needs update in
order to work with virtualdj, is it native supported (serial port, com1)
As far i know the updated chip is for midi only.
Anyone with a Dmc-1 controller ?

Posté Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 6:48 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have one. I don't use it anymore but am not really ready to part with it.
From what I understand, the chip was needed to work with anything other than PCDJ.
I bought the chip when I bought MixVibes a few years back, when it was the only DJ s/w supporting video and never ended up trusting MixVibes enough to use it live. Without the chip, the DMC definitely wouldn't have worked with MixVibes.

Posté Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 7:28 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it will work without the chip for a random ammount of key presses & then lockup. its some stupid programing to make it work only on PCDJ stuff. the new chip takes away this protection so you can use it with other software. if the new chip is installed when the unit switches on a number will appear briefly on the screen, otherwise it is not installed.
you need this chip unless you plan on using the controller for more than a minute or 2

Posté Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 10:11 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
ok, thanks mates.

Posté Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 1:57 pm
probably now someone can sniff the traffic that is between dmc and pcdj
and integrate the "unfreeze" into new maper in vdj :-)
so no need for chip

Posté Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 4:08 pm
Get the chip and info here http://www.gizmolabs.net/produpgrade.htm. I have it for both of my DMC 1. Or get a better controller. This is not the best for VDJ. It will hold you over until you decide which controller is best for you. That's what I'm waiting for.

Posté Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 8:06 am
the DMC1 works very good for me in vdj the only time i use the pc is for ef or samp,i'll not buy any cotroller untill it's something like dmc1 with more bottons i may buy the new one from pcdj but till it can controll vdj a 100%.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 5:14 am
The DAC-3 will control VDJ a lot better very soon - I'm currently working on an improved mapper plugin for it.

Posté Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 11:13 am
That's what i'm waiting for, as well as some more feedback from current DAC 3 users.

Posté Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 9:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)