Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ with... Numark CM200USB or RANE MP4

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm about to invest some money into some new equipment and I wanted some feedback. Don't flame me if this is the wrong forum.

I've been looking around and I've seen these two products (and many others). I currently have a Mackie Onyx Mixing board, but I don't have the Firewire card. Even if I did, I'd only get a stereo channel back for monitoring that COULD be manipulated to work as a line IN to the board.

I mainly use my set-up for Karaoke, but I'm not your AVERAGE KJ... I actually run it like a studio and record my shows and provide excellent sound reinforcement.

So, my Mackie would end up being for "LIVE" and I'm now looking for something for my "VJ" side of it... I get called on to play videos throughout the week when I'm not doing karaoke.

What I like about the MP4 is that it claims to have two STEREO channels from the computer via USB 1.1 with 24bit. The Numark (less expensive than the RANE) has two channels as well.

Has anyone worked with these? What's the sound quality like? I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 now coming out from 1/8" Mini-pin and converting it to 1/4" stereo. The audio isn't terrible, but a LOT of cables.

The RANE gives me a 1U space. My Onyx PLUS my FX processor for voice takes up the TOP of my box. I want to add the Numark VM03 to my rig and am thinking of having two side by side table top rigs. The Numark would give me "CROSSFADE" from it, but it wouldn't be recognized (as anything would) from my PC... then I need to think about getting one of the VISIONIC products for the second top.

Any input on any of these brands would be great. I'd love to get rid of my Onyx, but the Mic Channels sound SO GREAT in it, I can't see it going away.

Posté Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 9:37 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I just sent back a Newmark 200USB, the RFI was off the hook and the set up was a pain.
MP4 all the way imo.

Posté Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 2:52 pm
"RFI?" Don't know what that is... so you've worked with the Rane?

The Numark would be duplicity (unnecessarily) but he Rane is a bit more expensive @ over $500 US

Posté Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 2:53 am
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Rick's referring to noise. RFI = Radio Freq Interference
The low-end Numark mixers are not so good there.

Posté Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 5:41 am
Ah! Okay... yeah, I wouldn't want to introduce any unnecessary noise. My Onyx board sounds nice and I'd like to keep on par with that. I'll keep that board for Mics in and FX, but I need something to mix my digital sources and an LD player.

Thanks, I'll consider the RANE then.

Posté Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 12:38 am
djturkPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've just purchased Rane MP4. Installed the software, what would I do next. The Virtual Dj program does not see the mixer.
PS: I also have DAC3 controller.

Posté Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 5:17 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All,

I use the Numark cm200usb with the dual usb on a hub that also has the hard drive on it and have 0% noise.

there are some factors to take into account when you say a specific product caused you noise.
You also mentioned it is a pain to setup the cm200usb?
that is strange since it requires no drivers or software.
I also had the RANE, and sold it for 2 reasons, the headphone volume is very low and the fader is hardwired in an X patern. Meaning it lowers the output as you get to the center on the fade.

anyway, just my .02

-Dj Los

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 8:04 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all......I also use the CM200USB.....I like it, its a snap to install, just make sure your computer has the appropriate usb's available, the Numark does NOT have to be connected to 2.0 usb, I actauuly plugged the 2 usb cords into a usb hub, Im not a big fan of those, but it worked fine, and very very little noise

I also thought of the RANE, but it was very expensive, and the Numark is 5 channel, many many possible configurations, one thing I have to say is Im not too happy with the Numark crossfader, Im starting to get "static" when I cross over to another track.....not good, it is replaceable though!

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:35 pm
You might want to use some contact cleaner on the crossfader... check with the manufacturers specs though... also, try rapid crossfading and see if that clears it up... I don't have this board and didn't decide yet on one vs the other. I'm just using an analog Numark until I get settled in my new home.

But thanks for the input.

Posté Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 7:49 pm
WORD UP on the 200usb from Numark. It's just plain awesome. Perfection with VDJ.... clean, loud and perfect.

Charles Bernard
thedjexperience.com

Posté Mon 15 May 06 @ 11:25 pm
I have been using Rane mixers for years...the sound quality is the best. Just like anything you pay more for the better products. It only has one mic input so if you use multi mics you have to have a mic mixer. I use the 1 unit rane mic mixer. I use the computer on usb 1 and 2 and a dual deck cd for back up on channels 1 and 2. You can assign any of the four to either side.

You need to go to advance configuration and set up the mixer in there. It should be the fourth from the top in sound set-up. You will need to keep the mixer set in the middle if you want to mix using Virtual DJ...otherwise keep Virtual DJ set to the middle and mix via the external mixer.

I think once you use this mixer you won't want to use any other mixer. I have used many mixer over my twenty plus years and must say the sound quality out of the Rane is the best. Good luck.

Mike

Posté Tue 16 May 06 @ 2:22 am
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

The RANE mp4 stands no chance next to the Numark CM200usb.

Rane..............................CM200usb
1 U rack.........................3 U rack
1 mic.............................3 mic (dj mic has eq)
2 inputs (2 way) = 4........5 inputs (3 way switch) = 15 inputs
usb (output only).............2 USB sound cards

Avg. Price $600...............Avg. Price $300

Do the math, the only consideration is if you actually need a 1U mixer that costs double with half the features.

-Dj Los.

Posté Wed 17 May 06 @ 4:02 pm
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi, I just got me a Numark CM200USB. Both USB channels work, but one is very loud and the other
very soft . how do I get over this. Please help.
Thanks.
djjv

Posté Wed 24 May 06 @ 12:54 am
TONYH2KHome userMember since 2006
I NEED HELP!!!
I HAVE THE NUMARK 950USB MIXER WITH 2 USB PORTS. WILL IT WORK WITH VDJ IF MY TABLES ARE PLUGGED IN AND I'M USING VDJ VINYLS

Posté Thu 25 May 06 @ 5:15 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)