Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Using headphones & Soundcard

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Thanks for your time...and excuse the stupid questions..

I've got the trial version...so far, looks great...I need to be clear on a few things before I buy it.

In order to cue desk A in the headphones (without it going out to the audience) while desk B plays to the audience - I understand to first select desk A.

Now, If all I'm using is my laptop (IBM Think Pad - 40 gig HD), with the output of the laptop connected directly to self powered speakers...
Where do I plug in the headphones? Do I need a special input jack for the headphones in the laptop? Please clarify...what do I need?

Soundcard - what is recomended - brand, capacity, cost? One 3D card or two cards? In other words, I want to be able to cue the song I'm bringing in just as if I were using two turntables.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. From what I've seen so far...GREAT PRODUCT.

DJ Joe "The Professor"

Posté Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 6:28 pm
v2o777PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello:

The cheapest and easiest solution is to use a set of USB headphones. Virtual DJ can be configured to recognize these just as if it were a second sound card and you can configure it to feed the cue to the headphones only.

Otherwise you can also add another sound card etc. The Hercules MK2 is the latest and greatest. Check it out it gives you so much more than just a sound card with many variations of ins and outs to create an entire system.

But on a tight budget, just get some USB headphones and configure VDJ to feed cue to them.

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 7:10 pm
Geee...will a usb set of headphones work that way with Atomixmp3 too?

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 9:29 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
brotherdj,

If you plan to use another soundcard (just if you want more sound quality) you could use a PCMCIA or USB soundcard (5.1 or better) for use with VDJ, headphones and speakers. If you plan to use TCVs or TCCDs you need another soundcard (Like Maya 44 USB, Creative EMU-1616, M-Audio Firewire 1814).

Raw-Bear,

In theory yes, you could use a USB headphone in AtomixMP3 too, only look that your USB Headphones setup in Windows as a soundcard.

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 4:52 pm
I used to be able to record music. Now, when I just play a song w/o recording, the song plays fine. When I choose the record button,the song skips and sounds distored. This is only when I choose to record.

I know it has something to do with the sound card, but I haven't changed anything on my computer since I last recorded. What's the problem???

Posté Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 11:05 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you sure this is not a RAM problem?

Maybe you got something more running on your computer now and it stops you from recording.

Posté Sun 11 Dec 05 @ 11:36 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)