Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Direct X 9. Not Working?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have installed DirectX 9.0c "directx_9c_redist.exe"

But when I load Virtual DJ it says "Invalid Version Of Direct X"
What can I do about this? I can manage to get video to play back without hardware acceleration, but it's just too jerky.

Posté Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 11:38 pm
You should not have to install directX9 manually.. Windows will handle that for you..

If all else failes do a re-install

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:29 am
I have tried a re-install & re-boot. Still get the same error message about not having DirectX 9.
I've also been to Microsoft.com/directx/ but it says my windows key is invalid, how can I get round this?

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:36 am
Interesting.. and windows update tells you you have directX installed? Did you try the directX diagnostic that comes with directX?

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:39 am
No how do I check if the windows update knows direct x is installed? How do I find Direct X diagnostics?

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:46 am
you check by reviewing what was installed (on windows update site) and 'DXdiag' comes with directX and is installed when you run the installer exe. Just open a shell (or start/run) and type DXdiag

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:50 am
Yes dxdiag will run and show all the Direct X stuff, everything looks fine, but when I run Virtual DJ it still tells me I don't have Direct X installed.

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 1:07 am
I guess it's time for the supportteam to chime in here..

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:02 am
Here's the laptop I'm trying to run this from:

Model: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO
Processor: Intel Pentium IV- 3.06 GHz
RAM: 512Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000

Posté Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:00 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DjGazUK,

Your Computer specs are good (not full sure about the Radeon 9000) but don't to have an error like you describe. For Video is better to have 1GB, but if your computer was tune to his optimal way, it will run wonderful.

Check the ATI specs: http://www.ati.com/products/comparisons/mobilitycomparison.html
If you have a legal copy of Windows XP SP2 call to Micorsoft in your location and tell them that you are not able to update because you get a keycode error.

I was very busy, and also I be busy in the weekend. But I think is a problem in your Windows autentication that couldn't let you work good.

Please keep us posted.

Good Luck!

Posté Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 5:09 am
Finally sorted it. By luck more than anything else!

The original drivers that came with my laptop wouldn't allow Direct X to work!!!
I've just formatted the hard drive, added more memory (2GIG) and found some different drivers. Now everything works OK!

The driver's I installed were: omega drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.
"rad_w2kxp_omega_38205.exe"

Laptop Specs:
Model: Fujitsu Siemens AMILO
Processor: Intel Pentium IV- 3.06 GHz
RAM: 2Gig
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000

Posté Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 1:51 am
I'm always envious when people solve their problems by 'simply' adding higher specs... sheesh guys, I wish I had that amount of money/time to do stuff like that.

Posté Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 2:07 am
Adding more memory to the laptop actually created more problems! (see the date of the first post to find out how long it's took to get this far!).
Still need to find drivers for the sound card since it didn't come with a driver disc :(

But at least the new video drivers allow direct X to work so I can use Virtual Dj for video and not just MP3s.

I'm still building a custom built rackmount PC just for virtual Dj because Laptops are getting too expensive to keep breaking. At least with a normal PC you can just replace parts if they don't work or break down.

Posté Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 2:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)