Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Beat Matching and Mixing with TCV'S - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
oh..and i know this is a stretch...but would i be able to use a midi to trigger the "Sync" and "Beat match" options on the VDJ program??

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 3:12 pm
look in virtual dj and anything you can make keyboard shortcuts for you can control in midi,

no i am not using the dj console in stead of tcv. i am using it until i get all my gear to use tcv and also it will be used as my soundcard when i get tcv

-gauge

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 3:55 pm
Ah i got you man, so then if i had a midi controller with all my functions mapped and my TCV'S..i wouldnt need a set of xp10's correct?

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 4:02 pm
xp10s are not necessary, all they are is a controller and if you use tcv you dont need xp10s.

to be completly honest with you currently i use no ontroller except mouse and keyboard shortcuts

-gauge

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 4:47 pm
DJ Focus

Any midi controller works fine. Gauge is pretty right on the price range and there are hundreds to chose from. I currently use an Ozone workstation from M-Audio (price was $299.99 US plus shipping) The midi controller only lets you use 1 TCV which is not really a big problem for me since I'm waiting for my Maya or at least an answer about it very soon. If you would like to have a video demonstration please look me up on MSN. I'll gladly show you what the midi controller does and how I currently have mine setup. You'll definatelly agree that using this beside my TTs really makes my job a whole lot easier and I rely much less on the keyboard and mouse to throw in samples and effects.

for a pic and description of my midi controller here is a link:http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MAudioOzone-main.html

If you don't need the soundcard here is the same minus sound

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Oxygen8-main.html

before you buy a midi controller make sure to ask yourself what you want exactly. There are small controllers that are button only (like the Akai Gauge mentioned above) and keyboards like I currently use. I prefer the keyboards however the Akai can really be useful for drum sampling if you have any software to do it. the keyboards let you play music in softwares like Reason.

There are so many choices out there (just like buying CDs or TTs) chosing what is best for you is the real question. You can buy a 25 key keyboard just like you can buy an 88 key keyboard. I find 88 is a tad too much but 25 is just right for me.

If your using TCVs then the XP10s would somewhat be useless if you ask me. they are good controllers if you want a compact setup. TTs is not a compaq setup and if you decide to check out my webcam you'll soon see hehe (roadcase measures just over 4 feet wide).

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 6:30 pm
Hey White Devil..thanks alot for such a through answer. I just have one question about ur response....u said that you can only use a midi with one tcv.....so u need a soundcard(like the maya 44) to use it with both???

I pretty much want ym controller to control my loops, samples, effects, and syncing. Would u say use a keyboard or a akai??

Thanks alot

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 1:46 am
I would recommend a 25 key midi keyboard. The M-Audio Ozone and Oxygen 8 both fit in a 19" space for easy gig storage.

12 keys (white) can be mapped for your samples
6 keys (black) to control 3 effects for each deck
4 keys (black) to control your loops or timecode actice (if you are stuck using only 1 TT like I am at the moment)

this leaves you with 3 spare white keys to do what you want with them.

Now, the ozone and oxygen 8 have rotary knobs and sliders. I have not set these up yet although have been thinking of MANY ways I can map some.

these rotary knobs can be mapped as the video Xfader (works great), the VDJ Xfader (I don't use that since I have an external mixer but offered as a suggestion for those without a mixer), sliders can easilly be mapped as the pitch or volume faders of VDJ (again for those who aren't using an external mixer or controller like TTs, Herc, XP10s or CD decks). You can even map them for your sample volumes and I believe effect faders as well.

I have asked for a new feature to be added that we can increase/decrease the length of the loops under the remix tab using a rotary knob which would definatelly come in handy if you have a loop going and want to reduce it using nothing but a knob instead of clicking the mouse. This would leave you more time to attend to effects and wowing the crowd.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 10:50 pm
Can't you already Mr White?

Using the "loop_length" command? If that is what you mean

that function is already mapped to the Hercules Console.
(when pressing and holding the loop button, jog 1 moves the loop, and jog 2 increase/decrease the loop)

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 11:46 pm
I can sure move the length of my loops and move the loop. That is not the problem

Lets say I have a 4 beat loop and want to go to a 2 then 1 then 1/2 and so on to give a little effect before throwing the song back in This you cannot map on either the keyboard or midicontroller unless you use 1 key for EACH time set (1/2, 1,2,4,8)

adjusting the length of a loop is mostly used if your CBGs and BPMs aren't correct and you need to make your loop perfect. I don't use this feature at all since I spend the time to adjust my bpms and cbgs on all songs.

Posté Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 12:02 am

ah... I see... like many cdplayers have :) and nice "effect" for sure

set shortcut to: loop >> value -2

this will make a button that reduce your loop by half... say from 4 >> 2 >> 1 >>1/2

is this not what you want?

and if you want to increase, set the value to +2
This will double your loop. Say from 1/2 >> 1 >> 2 >> 4 >> 8 etc

Posté Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 1:04 am
Thanks guys some great advice and ill be sure to look into that ozone workstation

Posté Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 5:34 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)