Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Rackmount Case suggestions/Video Mount

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay, did a search here and came up with a lot of people talking about companies and products they use. I have a couple questions:

Has anyone in the U.S. bought the LCD 1U folding rack mount that is over at www.djrak.com?

If so, does it work well for you? How much did it cost and WHERE DID YOU FINALLY GET IT?!

I think it looks perfect for my solution.

Next, Rack Mount case...

I'm in need of a 3U (not 4) case that is short enough to fit in a standard roadbox. I'd like to be able to put in my OWN power supply. I'm going to have an AMD 64x2 4800+ AND an NVIDIA 7800 GTX(OC) in it and I want enough power. Additionally, I need to mount one DVD/RW in it and maybe 4 SATA drives (2 seperate raids).

What about a 1U Keyboard rack, anyone find a good one they like?

Lastly, what case?

I'd like to have two seperate cases, here's why. I want a PC/DJ case for the following:
Rane MP4 (1U - on top)
DAC-3 (3U - on top)
LCD monitor (1U - on top)
Numark 3 Video Mixer (3U - on top)
Computer (3U - on bottom)
Pull-out keyboard (1U - on bottom)

Next is my karaoke/live sound component:

Mackie Onyx 1220 (10U - on top + wires)
TC Electronics FX (1U - on top)
Compressor (1U - on bottom)
EQ (1U - on bottom)
Wireless Mic (1U - on bottom)

As you can see, I need the MOST slant top on my Live sound box. These two boxes would usually be used together MOST of the time. I saw another solution at www.idjnow.com the SS2-1210, but I think it would be TOO bulky, I live in the NYC area and carrying that up stairs to my current apartment would kill me.

Thanks.

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 10:39 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
At this point, you can't have your cake and eat it too GS.
Machine guns are heavy but they really do some damage.....
You can have an Uzzi or a 50 mm cannon that will take out the side of a building.

I am where you are going with this, and yes it's heavy as hell and stairs are a bitch.
Almost slipped and dropped da bitch on wet ice yesterday during load up.
But, when this dude is set up and running nothing toughes it.
And now I have made it even heavier with a Pioneer DJM 3000 mixer, 17 pounds heavier.

You can check my blog for the different rigs I have built.

On the monitor mount.
This was by far the biggest obstacle, and eventually I coughed it up because it was the only option and it was holding up the use of the unit.
I have never regretted the expence, just the over all hight, keep this in mind.
It just makes it under the lid and is tighter with the new mixer.

I had imagined a pair of drawer sliders with lock outs much like a hood lock where you lift to release and it drops down and back in.
Still haven't figured that out, but I haven't given up, just not found the hardware.
The rest would be easy.

Posté Sat 17 Dec 05 @ 1:19 pm
I know I'm going to have to "deal" with the weight.

How much was the monitor mount? Do you recall? I don't mind getting it, I need something as it is a pain in the you-know-what to set up a PC and Monitor all the time.

Also, who makes that Rack Mount Case of yours? It seems to be the perfect lenght... assuming I can put my own ATX power supply in it.

Well, thanks for the pics though, there very nice.

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 6:28 am
The monitor mount came from DJRAK and was $175.00.
There may be other options from them now, I have had that one for 2 years.
Also try www.vjlive.com for other options, Jef has put together some custom rack systems and really knows what we need.

The 3U chassis came from www.servercase.com and was $185.00.

Start lifting weights, it helps.

Rick

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 1:46 pm
I use a different mount that worked well. Really inexpensive and pro looking. I got the idea from someone at another forum. Check out my blog. There are pics and a link.

Killabee44

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 6:05 pm
That looks like the mounts that Jef was using.
How much Rob?
And what does the system weigh?
Liftin' weights too?

R

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 6:32 pm
LOL... Yep, I am definitely lifting weights. The system is heavy. I haven't weighed it yet, but I can BARELY carry it by myself. I will weigh it and let you know exactly how much. Thank god for the RocknRoller cart.

I wish I could make it lighter, but dont know how exatly. I have a Rane MP2 which is very light, but like the features of my MP22z.

The mount can be found for around $50 or $60.

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 7:26 pm
It's the dead lift off the cart that kills me, it's too wide and deep to use you legs to lift.
I am looking for a table hight hand truck that will do stairs with 8" soft tires.
My longest to date was a run of 27 steps with one landing and no place to set it for a rest and then 10 more.
Keeps you in shape for sure.
When I build my DVD mixer box, I thought THAT was heavy.
Always get help when you can.

I always use my own stand now also, primarily because of wobbling tables.
But the other thing is the hight of the unit definately messes with me when I mix.
This way I always have controls at the same hight.
I use a piano stand and a finished piece of 5/8 plywood pinned on top.
Power, vga and audio strapped to the leg in 2 places with no skirt.
Really neat and clean, no more table sizes to deal with and it works great in tight quarters.

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 7:40 pm
Thanks guys, much appreciated...

As far as the weight goes, if I didn't have something to complain about, I'd start focussing on other things like the size of my music collection or something silly like that... and we all know it's not the size that counts, it's the quality ;0)

I think I still like the djrak mount myself. As far as the case, can you use ANY atx powersupply or are you stuck with theirs?

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 8:29 pm
You can call Jason at server case for specifics.
This is a 3U case and has no front door btw...
If you are going to run 4 drives you need a serious ps.
Mine is 475w, and they have no failures to report.

Be VERY carefull with the monitor size (thickness) under that top cover.
MAG has some thin monitors, mine makes it with a little preload, but I also have 1/8" glass inlaid on the monitor to protect it from the mixer knobs and fingers etc...
It's a Sampson 152 btw....

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 8:47 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Lifting gear up stairs is a bitch. I recently got my floor standing speakers mounted with a handle and recessed wheels. Best thing I've ever done with my money.

I'll be making a new rackmount system with some apparently new light weight material. It is made up with a a very thin layer of plywood then reinforced with black sheets of plastic/vinyl which give it heaps of strength. It is far lighter than your normal ply then black carpet which is what I currently have.

I have an idea which hopefully is feasable and saves trips back and forth to the car transporting gear. I looking to get a rackmount made up of a series of stackable boxes on top of each other where I will be able to put cables and powers cords or wateva inside each of them. The bottom box will have recessed wheels and each box will have an interlocking shackle between the boxes. Top of the rackmount will have a handle in a similar scenario as the floor standing speakers and no need for a table. Sounz complicated but really is fairly simple. Hopefully I'll have a series of pics to show early next year.

Posté Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 4:28 am
I use a SKB mini gig rig (velcro board) and the roller base unit. I built a custom keyboard tray and the 19" monitor is velcroed to the velcro mixer board in the top. I'll post some pics this week. I use a 4U server case that I got new on e-bay for $88. It is a little heavy, but I can roll the entire setup with speakers and stands in one shot. Lights require extra trips.

Posté Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 5:38 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)