Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Very basic question-can't loop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

My demo days are running out and though I've read the instructions and played with the software I just can't get it to loop. When I hit the loop button it just cuts out the first part of the waveform and still ends, and increasing the number in the remix does nothing. I know that's a really stupid question but it should be straight forward but its driving me crazy-what good is a DJ program if I can't loop. (PS, I'm well aware that I am not bright and this isn't the softwares fault)

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 3:37 am
mike:
even if you couldn't loop (which you can) this program would still rule!!!
you have to make sure the turntable you are trying to loop is active---green light on numero uno or numero two--i don't speak spanish
then hit the loop button by the turntable
better yet--hit the "esc" key
you can increase and decrease the loop by hitting the f1, f2 etc keys
good luck and buy the dang program, you won't be disappointed
****make sure to hit the esc key at the right time---on beat

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 8:00 am
Mike on each VDJ skin there is the ability to create various types of loops. 1\4, 1\2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 beats and so on. Just wait until the part of the song and then loop it to what ever size loop you want.
If that still isn't working, then I need to know what kind of skin and what version of VDJ you are using?

MS

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 4:16 pm
Mike one thing that wasn't mentioned is this. try it and make sure all of your songs have gone through this process for 100% working loops.

First load a song in a deck. right click on the song name and click on "edit BPM"
Now play your song and find your beat 1
pause the song on beat one and move the waveform so that the center line is right on your beat one.
now inside the BPM screen click on set beat (under the anchor 1)
Now hit play and count your beats (1 2 3 4, 2 2 3 4)
On the 1st beat after the 2nd count (where you would start counting "3" 2 3 4) Make sure you move the waveform to the highlighted beat (first 3 above)
Then Hit Set beat (under Anchor 2)

Once this process is done you have properly adjusted your CBGs (squares under the wave form indicating your beats) as well as your BPMs.

Once this process is complete on all of your songs your loops should be perfect no matter what the size. Some songs aren't a standard 4/4 and VDJ sees this as having an odd number of beats which messes up the BPMs and loops (music such as pop, hip hop, rap, D&B, etc)

I know this will take a lot of time although once all complete it will be well worth it.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 6:03 pm
e7yrq8nPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just purchased pro version... Video Question? I have many Karaoke songs on my pc. MPEG, AVI, DAT... but it seems that Virtual DJ only pics up MPEG format - when it advertises that it does ANY format. How do I get Virtual DJ to pick up my AVI and DAT formats? It never appears on local DBASE search. Thanks for any Assistance. -dean.

Posté Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 10:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)