Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet lack of adjustment of bpms

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi i really feel that .00 is not fine enough, for most tunes yes but some seem to come between say 140 140.01 and that is not enough to correct the issue if it had 3 zeros after the dot it would be much better tool to use ie .000 bpm adjustment.
who else is having this problem?

Posté Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 1:36 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

With virtualDJ you have a pressison of 1/4096 steps... Even if you don't see it. You could use beatmatch (a little click to ensure the correct bpm) for these kind of problem.

Maybe a skin with more digits is the answer, VDJ already have more resolution.

Posté Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 11:02 pm
Hi thank you so can you recommend me a easy to use skin that has the extra resolution on the bpm ie .000 Thanks again Jason

Posté Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 2:59 am
Hmm, That would be hard cause i dunno and i dont think there is one for download.
So my suggestion is that you edit the xml file of your skin and try it yourself. it should be easy

Posté Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 6:41 am
So looks as we still far from that computer mixing dream as mixing on vinyl after using this software with non beatmatched tracks is so nice and easy.
Until the .000 is availible then i am aftraid this is getting less and less use.

Shame ....

Posté Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 10:26 pm
@abadassbikerlad

.00 is already quite accurate. I really don't know why you'd be looking for a .000 pitch range. Use TTs or cd decks and you'll see that its already sometimes difficult to go from .01 to 0.02 on a 10 or 20% range. imagine .001 to .002

damn this is something I really wouldn't want to see. But no pun intended although why would you want a .000 range? how long are your mixes? if you have trouble matching your songs together with .00 pitch then it wouldn't matter if there was a .00000000000 range.

.00 will get you really close and if you are using TTs with the fluctuation you can still get a clean mix of 32 beats. at least I can do this and then after 32 you might start getting a slight drift in which you just need to nudge the platter up or down gently to re-align the beats together and you've still got a clean mix.

Just some hints

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 5:34 pm
How Can 00 be acurate if you cant get the grid perfectly lined up?
Like you say Its Quite acurate.....but NOT Enough.
If your lining the beat grid up with the center of the peaks of the drum hits its ok for most tunes, but NOT for others you can get 90% of the grid perfect and over the whole songs length, then your see its running out a little, no matter how little you try and line up the grid by editing it your find its not fine enough to get the Asterix after the Track to say it beatmatched.
As for TTs the adjustment is infinite same as Cd decks.
I Have been djin since 88 in london clubs on sl1200 and using cdj's to play out my unreleased music for many years without this problem.

Its Simple while you have restrictions on pitch control adjustment we will find issues.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 6:37 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You are talking about drift.
Some songs particularly 70's motown tracks drift all over the place, sometimes visible inside of an 8 beat count.
Now take that drift and let it go for the length of a 3-4 minute song or to the break and you will see that nothing lines up at all. I usually mix out by ear because of this. Every time during a track I see my bpm counter on the djm 3k start to blink, it's telling me drift is nuts. And, i'm not talking about .001, i'm talking about 1.0-2.0 bpm, now THAT is drift.

And that is the human element, the artist, the buzzed drummer or whatever.
How in his name can a program ever compensate for that kind of irregularity, I don't know.

The problem is that electronica music that uses a constant beat source from a keyboard or what ever is precisely controlled throughout the track, so it never drifts and we get spoiled mixing it.
Welcome to reality.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 6:50 pm
font29PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi everyone, I sugest to enable time strecht all the way so we can keep using the arrows to line up the beats with out getting sound quality problems. This feature was available in Atomix dont know why it was disable in Virtualdj.

peace
Abel

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 7:33 pm
No its due to in accuracy of the dither conversion and time stretching used in music ...

But the cases i am on about are either sequencer timed tunes that i have made or complex break beat.

Then what your saying about its 1-2 bpm out its not in my case the fine adjustments can be edited into the number and the beat grid moves to .000 and lines up correct just after you close the beat editing then it goes back to the .00 accuracy ...

AND that like i said that is the problem.

I dont argue that this software is very good when the tunes simple or minimal breakbeat and locked on the beat grid correctly its great.
just for those tunes that have mild timing drift its not fixable unless working out the exact bpm then time stretching back in cubase sx3 to correct it for the beat grid alignment to work is a bit of a long way round.

All i am saying is we had the extra digit we could get around this.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 8:56 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I guess what I am trying to say is that if any given song/track has a 1-2 whole number bpm variation that 1/10th, 1/100th or 1/1000th of a bpm as you request isn't going to make that track any more accurate for actual bpm detection.

The bpm is fixed based on the average of the whole track, including tracks with tempo changes, lol.
Now it we had variable bpm detection that would constantly monitor and align the cbg's, THEN we'd have something.

Complicated beats and rhythms that carry the bass will forever give programs difficulty.
Even Mixmeister, which most agree has the best engine, is screwing it up and we still must baby sit and correct regardless of which program we use.

Posté Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 9:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)