Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet clipping only in headphones while using ASIO Mode

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Tom1983Home userMember since 2005
hello,

im tihinking about to buy virtual dj, so i went to my friend yesterday to test the performance of tcvs again. I recognized a clipping in the headphones, if i do something on virtual dj (for example using crossfader, bass equalizer) ... is there a possibility to supress this effect? in advanced config mode the problem didnt exist, only in asio mode.

Posté Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 10:09 am
does nobody have the same problem?

i'll explain my problem again.

we tried to use the asio mode "Chan 1&2: Master /Chan 3&4 Headphones"
in the master, its all ok ... only in the headphones are noises if you crossfade,equalize,leveling ... it sounds like clipping

then we tried the asio mode "Chan 1&2: Left /Chan 3&4 Right"
no problems ... all sounds good
my friend use this mode, because he has an external mixer... so he dont need the headphones output from virtual dj

i good the old Hercules DJ Console from another friend ( i would register it, but he didnt give me the original virtual DJ version for the console )
so i wouldnt use an external mixer and thats the reason why i need the asio mode "chan 1&2: master /chan 3&4 headphones"

But if i can't be sure, that all would work, i cant buy virtual dj.

greez, tom

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 1:43 am
PS: in non-asio modes, the problem doesnt exist, ... headphones sounds fine... but i will need the asio mode, if i want to use one tcv together with virtual dj.

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 1:58 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
using the headphone output of VDJ or the monitor of the mixer? but cant say ive had the same problem mate, sorry.

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 6:05 am
I'm all confused... trying to read and understand what the problems is..

1. What soundcard are you trying to use for ASIO ?

2. what version of Virtual DJ are you trying to run in full channel asio mode?

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 6:39 am
hi,

my friend has 3.0 or 3.1 ... i'm not sure at the moment. we used the DJ Console as soundcard, but we didnt use the original asio mode of the dj console (that doesnt work too) ... we installed asio4all to use the console in asio mode.

And the problem comes, when i use the headphone output of virtual dj.
My friend tried to use the headphone output with his soundcards, too. He had the same noises. But i dont know which soundcards he has. But he uses also asio4all.

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:05 am
PS: why cant i edit my postings? :-)

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:08 am
may be... could it be a problem with the asio4all driver?

if you still dont understand what my problem is (i know my english is very bad)

try to do this:
take a non asio soundcard. install asio4all
open virtual dj
set virtual dj in asio mode for tcv's ... take asio4all as asio driver
set as input (for example): "Chan 1&2: Activated Deck"
set as output: "Chan 1&2: Master / Chan 3&4 Headphones"
make shure, that you put your headphones on output 3&4 and your hifi on output 1&2
mix a little bit (direct with virtual dj) ... tried to use the equalizer, or fader ... and so on... and you will get those noises in the headphones

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:18 am
instead of taking a non asio soundcard, i would be happy, if somebody could test it with the old Hercules DJ Console. thank you

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:25 am
oh... the Hercules old console...

I've heard others have problem getting it to work in full channel asio mode too...
Its not the best choice for TCV use for sure... (the old one that is, the new MK2 console with 2 x line in is reported to work perfect with timecode).

At least make sure you have the very latest drivers for the console, and try the native console asio drivers (when updated).

Seem to remember some got it to work with its native asio drivers, but never with asio4all.

As you say, Hercules (old) works very well with normal drivers, but I think it can be a bit tricky getting it to work with asio.

Another issue, might be that the new console (mk2) has built in support for asio and timecode use at Virtual DJ 3.1 /3.2. It might conflict with the old console.

Can you see a timecode setup, dedicated for the console, where the console image is, at soundcard settings? This is the one to use with timecode, and Hercules MK2. Try that with your console....
Might fix it, as this is the native setup for the MK2 and timecode.

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:26 pm
i dont think that this is the reason, because my friend has the same noise, if he put his soundcards in "Chan 1&2: Master / Chan 3&4 Headphones" mode.

Please, can somebody test this asio configuration (Chan 1&2: Master / Chan 3&4 Headphones) and can say me if he has this noise on the headphones, too if he use the headphones output of virtual dj and works directly with virtual dj (fade,change volume and so on)

greez, tom

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 6:01 pm
and please test it with asio4all ... and say me which soundcard you have

Posté Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 6:01 pm

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 8:07 pm
the link you have postet doesnt work. may it works only for proffessional users.

The problem does not depend on the timecode signal. The Virtual DJ Headphones output doesnt work well, if you deactivate your Turntables (with a shortcut: turntable -> timcode_active).

which soundcard do you have? and which OS do you use? my friend has a 3GHz pc and 1GB RAM ... so this couldnt be the reason i think...

are you shure, that you had the virtual dj headphone output on your headphones to test its quality?

i cant understand, why it doesnt work with 2 different soundcards ... and why it is the same problem.
so i still think virtual dj must be the reason of this problem.

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 8:27 pm
why i am not able to edit my postings?

so i wanted to edit my statement: it doesnt work with activated timecodes (yes there is a 100% timecode signal) but it also dont work if the tcv is deactivated

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 8:30 pm
*push*

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 12:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)