Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 3.2 Critical Error - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
For the last two weeks my VDJ sometimes crashes with some kind of "critical error". An screen with an Smiley appears asking to recover or shut down. It's very anoying, I play videos as well as images and plugins and when error appears i must shut down VDJ and my projector and continue the session with CD's.
I've been playing with VDJ for more than a year and never happend this.
I use an MK2, an asus W1N Centrino 1.7 1Gb ram with ATI 9600 and never had problems.
Anyone can help? A crash with VDJ playing videos at the disco is worst than when you are only playing MP3 because people realizes something happen.
Please help me
Thanks in advance
DJ Kike

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 2:07 am
...I use CDJ200S skin....for more information
Tanks

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 2:15 am
donrecoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
... mine is crashing now too since I put the 3.3 version. It forces me to shut down when I put a video on the player. Work fine so far with just mp3's........

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 8:29 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
3.3 ?

Posté Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 9:18 am
Hi Apopsis,
do you know which can be the problem? How can i contact support team?
I monitored the memory and goes down each time i load video, images or plugins....perhaps that's because crashes, when it runs out of memory.
I supose 1Giga ram should be enouth to work with VDJ...!
I tried closing the antivirus and all the programs resident in memory in order to light the memory load but VDJ takes all the memory...
I don't know what to do, it's anoying working like this, i must find a solution as i play in clubs the whole week.
Thanks for the interest
DJ Kike

Posté Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 3:51 am
I think the problem is a bug in the program. it seems that VDJ remains images loaded in RAM so it runs out of memory....I hope developer team repirs this soon

Posté Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 4:19 am
Bad News,
CDJ crashed again yet with 200Mb memory Ram remain in system and without using slideshow....
i cannot work like this...
any suggestion?
Please

Posté Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 5:04 pm
Hello Again,
seems that last error came from MK2. Windows anounce sistem recovered from MK2 problem....
I feel alone at this forum, i hope someone can share experience with me in order to solve the problem.
thx

Posté Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 3:24 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
First test without using plugins to isolate the issue

Posté Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 4:54 am
Yes, i've already tried....

Posté Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 5:49 am
My version is crashing for no reason. First I tried to experiment with new skins to download and that did it. I installed Hercules dj console drivers, for a new dj mp3 console. That did it too

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 6:37 am
Read a post regarding that issue. What is the images file extension? Think the guy converted them to .bmp and had no problem after that.

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 9:51 am
I use low .jpg (no more than 35k each image). Still unestable
Can you put the link of the forum you refer to?

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 11:43 am
hi there

could be background proccesses in yer operating system, try stopping them or create a virtual harddrive on your system(also you could expand your virtual memory)

Posté Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 9:56 pm
Yes, i already thought about that and stopped all unuseful programs running under OS just to free memory....

Posté Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 12:32 am
I think i solved the problem. Just deactivate slideshow and could perform two live sessions without crash...wow.
I hope i get no more crash, i hate that smiley.

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 11:03 am
Good to hear!!! ;)

I never ever have any crash, and use it live at gigs 2-3 times a week...

then again, I never use slideshow either... lucky me ! :) hehe...

Think there might be a bug in the new slideshow feature (memory leak), so Dev team needs to work on that

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:39 pm
yeah,
i take some photos of the girls at the staff and showed them while mixing....:)
now, I think girls must wait now till new upgrade. Great idea slideshow once the bug is corrected.

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 1:09 pm
yupp... :) girls girls girls ...hehe

Slideshow is a good feature, and have lots of potential. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next release ;)

Some users have even made quiz shows using the slideshow in Virtual DJ... hmm.. interesting :)

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 1:58 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Try with VDJ 3.3 this issue was corrected... please probe and let us know.

Posté Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 8:27 am
91%