Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 3.1: BPM discrepancy between decks

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

When using Virtual DJ, has anyone ever noticed that if the same song is loaded in Deck A and Deck B, the BPM value for the song is different between decks. Is there a configuration method to mitigate the liklihood of the occuring???

Posté Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 3:32 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
erm, nope, maybe an upgrade to the 3.2 will help this for you but i have certainly never experienced this lol

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 2:22 am
I'm having the same problem update to 3.2 and still the same problem

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 5:11 am
To be honest, I think the BPM engine in VDJ is "crappy" or should I say inaccurate then, no offense intended. When compared with other MP3 DJ Software, esp. Alcatech BPM Studio [extremely accurate], they way supercede the VDJ in the BPM Module. Another problem I find is sometimes VDJ tries to match the BPM which intern automatically adjusts the pitch which most of the times is either way too slow or just too fast.

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 3:10 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Firstly the BPM detection in VDJ is very good and very accurate, for me it gets 98% perfect. 3.2 proffesional version - urban music, good BPM's.

You seem to have a technical issue, with software there is no sometimes it does this and sometimes it does that, it's programmed and alters with your action and selected options, when "Auto BPM" is turned OFF it will not match the BPM figures, when ON it will.

With VDJ you need to analyze the tracks before you load them onto the deck (ideally), and VDJ doesn't give the same song different readings either.

here is a little guide I wrote on perfecting BPM's in VDJ:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/43076/Software_Technical_Support/bad_bpm_settings.html?highlight=bad%20bpm

This need only apply if your copy of VDJ is functional, either you are changing options and not knowing about it, not analyzing tracks before playing them, or indeed there is a bug in the version your useing, a re-install may fix the problem.

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 9:14 pm
i think the BPM detection is great for house techno trance, whatever you wanna call it .
but for tracks with a beat that isnt a constant kick on beat it isnt the best.
but i dont mind i just go in and set my own BPM on every track anyway
-gauge

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 9:20 pm

Posté Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 10:50 pm
Hey guys, I think you are all missing the "main" point here, why should I have to edit BPM values or use a 3rd party software to execute this, when other MP3 DJ software outputs have very accurate figures...HEEEELLLLLO.
My advice is VDJ needs to re-visit their BPM structure and try to emulate that of a software, with credible BPM modules....

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 3:15 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
The truth is that no BPM counter will be 100%. I find that most tracks detect just fine in VDJ, but some hip hop or beats in the 80-100 range sometimes come up with wrong values. IN that case i see no problem with a little double checking, either you can tap out the beat out yourself (remember when dj's did things like that :o) or use a second program. The bottomline is that YOU need to make sure things are correct. VDJ is correct about 90+% of the time but if your playing and the beats fall off, who is the dance floor going to look to??? Your software or you the DJ playing it?

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 4:05 pm
Streaming DJ, what style of music are you scanning?, and how many tracks out of a hundred are inaccurate?.., the seem to be missing something, that the VDJ BPM engine works very well for most of us, infact it's better than some hardware BPM counters, we make adjustments like halving values if the offbeat is counted (every BPM counter makes this mistake sometimes).., so we scan all of our tracks and get a high rate of accuracy, the ones that were inaccurate we simply adjust. Not much work for perfect BPM's.

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 4:37 pm
Guess what guys...I figured out the problem. In the VDJ config menu, go to FAME settings, change the BPM Engine from Techno to other....works great now!!!

How can I allow the decks to automatically adjust the pitch to match BPM value without using the BeatLock function...???

Posté Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 10:06 pm
SYNC button :)

in skin or keyboard shortcut (Default is SHIFT + Spacebar, i think)

Posté Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 10:37 pm
Why didn't you read my long post about it before now?, instead of shuning it?, nevermind I tried.

Posté Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 1:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)