Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New Allen & Heath Xone-3D Mixer - Sound card

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've seen this thing in the industry mags and on the web:

http://www.allen-heath.com/US/news_story.asp?view=228

It looks VERY interesting. Sound, jogs, mixer, real tools, A REAL MIXER! Not to complain about the herk, but this is a real, road worthy piece.

NOW, will it be compatible? It has MIDI controls and is ready for Traktor and some others.

I'd like to hear from some VDJ representatives on this!!!

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 7:33 am

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 7:37 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The question is, if the jog wheels are working right (two-way) using virtualdj and midi.
There is a known limitation currently with vdj and some midi controllers.
I'm sure it will fixed.

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:58 pm
jogwheels can be tricky in MIDI for sure...

Take the Hercules jogwheels. It send a MIDI CC value of 1 when they are moved one step clockwise, and a value of 127 when turned anticlockwise. So, any value are multiplied by 127 for one way...

Tried mapping it manually in midi, but did not have much sucsess on that ;) hehe

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 2:28 pm
I initially had the same problem with the DAC-3 using MIDI (Before native support in VDJ), but got around it by changing the MIDI commands sent for left/right movements in the PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI driver so that they were on different CC numbers.

Support for a jogwheel on a single CC number needs to be added to VDJ, along with differentiating between CC and note numbers (Many controllers will have buttons (Notes) that have the same number as a knob or slider's CC number.) Also, the inverted pitch slider problem needs fixing (If it hasn't been already - I've not used MIDI for this since 3.1)

Posté Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 5:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)