Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Be careful what you post! - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
please dont tell me I bought software from a company that has big ego problems???? I see this happen on alot of site, basically ran by kids. I thought the goal to this site was to help others being with VDJ and what other software/hardware users decided to use? If this is the case about SSL than why is there a POST with a topic called Stanton FINAL Scratch?
Well that's my opinion, I use multiple software vendors, and about a week ago bought VDJ, yes I could of snagged a warezd copy but I am an adult with a job in computer security and believe in supporting those who contriibue time and knowledge in writing the software we use.

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 4:52 am
@funnyb0nz,.. I can tell you one thing for sure,... *I* don't have any ego problems.

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 5:29 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
anewsome, I think you lost the VIP badge because you promoted SSL a bit and that in turn sparked controversey, stated that you would no longer use VDJ for gigs (VIP's gotta work with VDJ often, it's almost the basis of being a VIP), you then posted pictures of the NAMM show where you showcased another software (whether on display or not), and ultimately I think you may have given reason for someone inside VDJ to believe your working for SSL.

If that was all true then I'm not sure if it would be right to revoke your VIP status, but perhaps provide a reason in someones mind, If you were indeed working with the people at SSL you could appear as a bit of a "spy", ok not such a major one but major enough.

They revoked your VIP status since the thread of NAMM and since the event of NAMM.

This is all that I see has happend, since the good old days...

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 6:19 am
well thanks for the explanation bagpuss. still a little speechless on this. maybe the moderators should close this thread too before it goes too far down the wrong path.

i'm not promoting any other software here. i posted my initial thoughts on that other software because i thought people wanted to hear them and if that offended people, sorry for that.

as far as working for a competitor, couldn't be further from the truth. trust me when i tell you that no one over there has a clue who i am or what i do, nor would they have a reason to. in their booth at namm, they had legends man, straight up legends, not nobodys like me. they could care less what i was doing. a couple employees came over and saw the box and gave me a thumbs up for representing, but that's about it. i've never spoken to any employee over there for any reason.

as far as spying,.. that could not be any more ridiculous. trust me when i tell you that the people that make that software could not care a single bit about what is happening with vdj. not a bit. the people who use that software, care absolutely nothing about vdj. using vdj has not crossed any of their minds. seriously. this board talks a lot more about that software than they talk about vdj. i've never seen a single post over there that even mentioned vdj at all, for any reason. 90% of what vdj has as features are not even on the roadmap over there. two totally different animals. i mean, they can still fit all of their setup options on one page!

anyway, it's true i will not be using vdj to perform, at least not in it's current version. so, if that is a requirement of being a vip member, then I guess I will not be getting that status back anytime soon. it was fun while it lasted and I think I helped a few people here and there, as well as helped guide this product to ultimately be a better product, able to compete with software held in the highest regard in the professional community. for those that appreciated me and my insight here, thanks for listening. for those who formed some opinions without first talking to me,.. i wish you the best too.

i'll be keeping my eye on vdj as long as the updates are free. i wouldn't expect to see many posts from me on the forums though,.. and i have a feeling that will make some people very happy :-)

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 8:05 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
anewsome,

I always have respect for your work, your knowledge and your "clean" setup. We don't question your knowledge and your work in the forums. But the VIP level has more information and other things (that you should now) it's a dilema. I can blame that decision too. How I can let a guy to have "privileges" in my software when he don't use it at all (please to automix at lunch?)... When you use a software to work you are agree that it fits better for your work, and in that matter, you give an option that it's better to work with...

I don't be a heavy scratcher, and for my VDJ it's the best. I love all the features and the response of the Dev Team and all people involved in this software. And understand that it's a hardwork and some things take more time to get in shape. I help to get VDJ the best DJ software in the World, and keep it that way. I'm totally in this boat.

You are always welcome and for sure you are apreciated, you know now what is VDJ cooking because your VIP status let you know that, I 'm sure that you will have time after the NAMM to give a try and if you want, mail me to get them in the proper place. I really hope you can rise your status in a short time...

Posté Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 10:29 am
@anewsome:

From the last email exchange we had, it seemed that you had been contracted by serato for the NAMM.
Well at least that's what your last email could let people think. I'm sorry if we were wrong.
And, since a new beta version is on its way with a few new improvements that we would like to keep confidential until the release date, and since you weren't very commited to this beta session (I know you've been in the past, and I hope you'll be on next version), yes we decided to keep you away from this new beta.
If we could have done this and let you keep the vip status we would have done it, but the way the website is written, all vip have access to the betas.

Anyway, I don't think anybody here would be "pleased not to see you posting anymore".
We all acknowledge that you've been a valuable asset to the development of virtualdj, and that the software wouldn't be as stable as it is if you hadn't been here.

I hope this share some lights on this discussion...

Posté Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 7:41 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)