Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Playing mpeg video's is very slow!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have 256 ram....is this the problem for the fact that playing mpeg video's doesn't work that well? Vision doesn't keep up with the speed of the music. Does buying an extra memory card help?

Posté Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 1:27 pm
e7yrq8nPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There are many variables which could cause your video performance not to correspond correctly or in synch with your music...

PC:
1. video card.
2. memory (as in memory allocation)
a) reduce concurrent pgms. executing during VDJ.

Posté Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 8:50 pm
Thank you very much for responding. My guess it must be both video and memory card. I'm not sure but since extra memory isn't that expensive anymore i'll just try my luck. I'm going to purchase them next week and will install them soon afterwards. I'll keep you posted!

Posté Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 5:45 pm
Get Aquamark3 from the net and run it. For video to be anywhere near useable you should score >25000 better above 45000

Posté Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 9:26 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

256MB of ram isn't enough to play video... 512MB is minimum and 1GB is the recommended RAM for play videos with VDJ. After this, the video card must be a fast one.
The recommendation of paulheu and five lines of deano1212 are correct.

Posté Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 6:58 am
Again thx to all of you. I'll follow up your advice! greetz

Posté Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 2:15 am
Paul I don't understand, maybe there is something I am missing here. I got a P4 2.8ghz, 1.5 g of ram, ATI 9550 256 mb video card. I ran at 18,625 on Aquamark 3. What more do I need. My video is jumpy, but it plays. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 18,625 was only the top number. There were numbers below that. Do you add those up or is it just 18,625??? Thanks Brian.

Posté Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 3:25 am
One more thing I don't understand is how can a file play in ATI file player crystal clear and not be jumpy then add it to VDJ and it is blurry and jumpy?? Is there a way to take the codec from ATI fileplayer and make VDJ use that as the codec?? I am new to the video thing, but I have a strong enough system to be playing videos flawlessly. Please let me know.

Posté Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 4:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)