Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet How do YOU use samples?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can someone write instructions on using SAMPLES or JINGLES?
How to record and how to use, what is the difference between the two, please give examples.

Thank you.

Posté Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 4:39 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I still haven't really figured out what the difference between jingles and samples are in VDJ. I just treat it as a spot to store extra. A jingle by definition would be words, while a sample includes sound but they seem to perform the same.

I use them in a variety of ways.
1. Record a full instrumental and then scratch two acapellas into the instrumental. That's correct, you can load a full song into the sample machine. You can place the song file in the sample folder and the load it up.
2. I use samples to introduce a genre switch. I have one that says "what we're gonna do is go back, way back, back into time. It's perfect for moving from today's dance to say 80's club. You play it during the transition between two songs and towards the end of the transition when the new "older song" is coming alive.
3. Introductions - Use an intro as the first thing I play to introduce myself to the crowd.
4. To cover up a screw up..lol. Didn't get back from the bathroom in time to properly setup the next mix...ahh help...boom a nice sample out of the one song, hard slam into the new one. Or quick scratch into the new one.
5. A million other ways anyone could possibly think of.

To record a sample/jingle, you just need to play the song and press record in the sample section. I don't have VDJ in front of me unfortunately so I can't double check. I believe that's the name of the button. If you have a file already then you just load it in the folder. If you want to take a piece of a song, you press record (in the sample area), play the part you want, then press the button again and you're done.

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:21 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/manual/. This will help you too. Never knew we had this until now..nice job VDJ Team. I just picked up a trick.

It's not the record button Hayward to record you either press jingle (for a short "linear" sample) or loop for a longer sample to record what's playing on the active deck.

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:39 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for the response, I have not used the sample/jingle functions in my mixes and wanted to start benefiting from all of VDJ's features.

Posté Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:39 pm
epix#23PRO (legacy)Member since 2009
Hi djej!

"I have one that says "what we're gonna do is go back, way back, back into time."

Is it possible i can get this sample too? Could you upload it somewhere? I was looking for it a few hours but can´t find it...

Posté Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 9:32 am
locspocPRO InfinityMember since 2011
The sampler seems pretty unreliable sometimes it can record and other times it can't. Is there another more reliable way to record samples? Or some way to fix the problem?

Posté Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 7:53 pm
epix#23 wrote :

Is it possible i can get this sample too?

Troglodyte by the Jimmy Castor Bunch (1972).

Posté Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 12:13 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
lift the off the plate on the supermarket counter and keep shovelling them in till theres none left.

occasionally i return 10 mins later to eat some more....

oh hang on....you mean music samples...i dont really use them that much. but when i do its just to add an extra level of depth and ambiance to a mix.

Posté Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 4:27 pm
My Left Deck with record and play back... by my right side will not record at all. I can do the playbacks, but can't record.
I'm using a 4 deck system... want to be able to catch segments of each deck and play them at different times of other decks.
Also.. How can I lock or keep the volumn all the way up during play back. it keep moving it down to 60-70% ...

Thanks,
DJ Dan

Posté Tue 09 Jul 13 @ 12:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)