Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet comment field problem..!?!!?!?!!???!!!!!?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am trying to find a way to get all my MP3's that have my Remix or even the Subtitle fields to show up in the Comment field in VDJ. Remix and Subtitle have the same info. I just have to have the version of the song in thier for other programs I have used (ie. Serato and PCDJ). I know that with my 300 gigs plus of music that has for the most part have been tagged in this way it would be a headache to manually type each one in the comment field in VDJ. I have tried the VDJ Database Updater program with no luck. I batch copied all the remix tags into the album field in a small test library and tried to have the updater program use the album field forthe comment area in VDJ. It didn't work. So is there a way to accomplish this and has anyone else had this situation with a solution?

- AL

Posté Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 9:42 am
wow... absolutely no one has this same issue... very suprised you guys don't need to know what version of the song you are playing.

Posté Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 6:35 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Sorry low-fat-al,

I don't understand, maybe is because english is not my first language or maybe I'm confuse. I put the version of the song in the name of the song, not as a comment. I'm sure I don't understand you. Could you give me an example of what are you talking about?

Posté Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:04 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use the comment quite often and have not had any problem

Posté Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 6:09 pm
great I am glad you use the comment field with no problem....

I guess no one is understanding this at all...

the problem:
VDJ doesn't read ALL ID3 tag info for the browsing files that have fields like "Version" or "Mix" or "Remix"... etc.

You have to MANUALLY type it in on VDJ.... or using the Database Updater program... which doesn't import ALL ID3 tags either. I will pay someone A LOT OF MONEY to manually type in 300 gigs of music ... there has to be a simple fix to this. Whomever wrote the Database Updater software should have it possible to take the version, subtitle (PCDJ uses that one for version), remix, or whatever other than the limited fields.. and place them in the comment part for VDJ's database. Also one more thing with that.... if you only choose one field.. it still adds a "|" at the end of whatever text... (ex. comment could read like this: "12 inch version|")

someone please figure this out or have a suggestion ...

Posté Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 12:24 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
low-fat-al,

Sorry, I think this could be done with a fix... Hope that this could be in other versions. Post it in the New Features Forum.

Posté Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:10 am

Posté Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 8:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)