Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules DJC MK2 Precautions and Suggestions.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

AbraxasHome userMember since 2006
Hi, tomorrow I plan on ordering my DJC mk2 and I have some concerns. First I'll list my system specs:

470 watt generic Dual Fan PSU
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo
1 GB Corsair Dual channel value RAM
AMD Athlon 4000+ s939 cpu
MSI NX6600GT-VTD128 (which has its own connector attached to the PSU drawing extra power)
Onboard Sound enabled 7.1 Realtek ALC850 ( probably will disable after my DJCmk2 arrives)
External Soundblaster Live 24bit 5.1 sound card (USB obviously)
And a few I/O fans for ventilation
Everything else is pretty much onboard

My first concern is power, will I have enough juice from my PSU to power the DJC mk2 from my USB? - Solution would be to go pick up a universal adapter.

Next concern is updating the drivers and firmware. Not too worried about the drivers but scared s**tless of udating the firmware. Can someone suggest a safe method or suggestion regarding firmware updates. Ive read a few horror stories in these forums, I dont want to feel their pain. The company I am ordering from just restocked this product so maybe it will already be the latest firmware revision.

Any other suggestions and things to watch out for would be appreciated.. thanks.

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 3:03 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Abraxas,

The USB is powered by 500mA max. (is a standard) You don't need and external power to feed you DJC2, but if your USB port have less than 500mA then you need to buy external power to the DJC2.

Firmware upgrade is OBLIGATED to use VirtualDJ 3.2 or 3.3 and newer versions. If you do the correct steps (like use the correct firmware for the DJC2) and also plug your PC and DJC2 (if you buy an external Universal power adapter) to a No-Break to ensure you have power during your firmware update, you don't have to be worry about.

Please take note that VDJ contain in DJC2 package is a HOME ED. version and not the Pro Ed. You are going to be limitated because of this. If you want ALL VDJ features, you need to upgrade your VDJ Home Ed (DJC) version to the VDJ Pro version.

Good Luck!

Posté Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 12:22 pm
DjAllexHome userMember since 2006
Hy there,
How I make the lights from my DJC mk2 to work?
Can I get an answere from someone?

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 3:27 pm
and how I post the skins downloaded from the download section...?

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 3:29 pm
I have buy it this from a hercules dealer from romania (UbiSoft) but at home when i opened the console i've seen that the serial number is missing.
Can I get a serial number from Here?

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 3:35 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok, I think you should reinstall drivers (use the latest from hercules homepage) restart computer and try again.

I have absolute no idea of what you mean by your second question

There was a bunch of DJC MK2 sent without serialcode. you should contact hercules on their page, they will give you an apropiate serial for your console.

Try not to write 1 question in 1 post. as you see I was able to give you mi thoughts in one single post.

Alejandro.

Posté Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 5:42 pm
AbraxasHome userMember since 2006
Did the updates it was a breeze.. no problemo ..

Posté Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 3:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)