Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Technics 12's

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was curious as to how this very popular set up works....Lets assume I want to just play my MP3'S from VDJ, the only thing the turntables would control is the track? If I was not interested in scratching, what is the use for these turntables....can less expensive turntables work just as good?? and do you have to keep returning the needle to the beginning every time an MP3 is finished?? Thanls for the info.....I wish my local store had this set up so I could play with it...unfortunetly they dont, and I hate to buy all the gear and not like it. As a beginner to DJ'ing I love the VDJ Program, Im just not sure how to control it other than the MK2....it just does not seem professional enough if Im going to start doing gigs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Posté Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 4:39 am
Well here is how it works.

Much like regular vinyl you must bring the needle back to the begining of the vinyl to play the song. Any turntables work with the TCV!

The TCV only sends a time signal to VDJ so that VDJ knows what time the song is playing and then matches that time and plays it. This is done very quickly so that its just like having a real vinyl playing that song.

You don't have to have 1200s or Numark TTxs. The better the turntable the higher the torque, more reliable, better built, more expensive. You can also use cd players to do the same thing as TCV.

If your not interested in scratching you can use the turntables to learn how we did loops back in the days of analog musique when we'd have to spin the vinyl back 8 beats to play the same part over and over again using the same song on both decks, learn the feel of vinyl if you've never had the pleasures of trying it out.

All in all TCV and TCCD is a controller for VDJ. I find TCV much like hauling all my vinyl to my gigs minus the 100s of lbs from vinyl. same control, same feel, same look just that I have all my music on PC now.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 2:57 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the info...as a beginner, starting out with PC & MP3 and computer programs like VDJ, I have the utmost respect for the "old school" approach.......very talented individuals, thats for sure! Thanks again.

Posté Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 4:03 pm
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
"Very tallented individuals" - Now thats for damn sure!!! But I think using TCV and Computers together just makes the possibilities endless.................................So many possibilities.......

Posté Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 1:20 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)