Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV & cartridges

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 2:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well unless you play a lot of real vinyl i wouldn't waste the money. VDJ is already skip free.

Posté Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 3:03 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The ones I am really curious about are the brand new ortofon digiscratch cartridges. They are just hitting stores and are supposingly made specifically for time code. Expensive though so I'm finding it hard to think it's not just a money making idea.

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGroup1datarq~ortofon~eqint_KeyIDdata~43006~UID~2006021610534356~newproduct~T~itemNumber~CC-DIGITRACK-KIT%2001

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGroup1datarq~ortofon~eqint_KeyIDdata~43005~UID~2006021610534356~newproduct~T~itemNumber~OM-DIGITRACK-KIT%2001

Here's a cut and paste from "the other site". A rep from ortofon talking about them.

Hey Guys,
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but there seems to be some confussion on not just the DigiTrack but also some of our other cartridges. I thought I can answer some of those questions (hope that's cool Sam).

First, the cartridges are called the DigiTrack. We currently have a few samples (10 pairs went to Sam in New Zealand last week). Production is going on in the factory right now. The first run is due in our US offices on Monday, Feb. 27th. They'll ship out to Guitar Center and PSSL. Other dealers in the US will get them very soon. The rest of the world will get them starting April 1st.

I personally believe that a hybrid of past technology and current technology like xxxxx is the future of DJ'ing. When I took the position in August I suggest to our engineers that we develop a needle to work with this. We certainly want to remain a relevant company in the DJ world and this is our second step in that direction (Q.Bert's were the first). Sure, there is some marketing to it but the truth is the charectaristics of this needle are different then anything else on the market. That's why I immediately gave Sam a pair (actually the first pair) when I met him at NAMM.

As far as development, I had been in touch with the sales guys from xxxxx since October about the development. I even went out and bought a few sets of xxxxxx to ship to Denmark because it's a bit difficult to find there. These needles were designed using xxxxxx vinyl!

We are very serious about our name and quality. We have never nor will we ever make a product that doesn't live up to our standards. Most importantly, if Sam reccomends we make any changes, we will.

Posté Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 5:16 pm
One thing I'm wondering is if anyone in the VDJ community ever used or tried the Ortofon concord golds.

http://www.123dj.com/cartridges/ccgold.html

I was going to buy myself a pair but would first like to know if they are good with the TCV.

Thanks

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 8:36 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Guys, don't let you be fooled... spherical cartridges are the cheaper (to produce) and the must hardworkers in the past and today.

Shure M44 begins in in the 70's and still now good for scratch and TCVs too. For best tracking we need good cartridges, but pay $179 usd for those with DIGI worg in there, it's all marketing guys... It's the same spherical stylus with more output, but with all tracking problem that spherical stylus have.

Best tracking is get buy elliptycal stylus and other forms of styles that are not spherical... that's the way it is because when the vinyl is recorded is by a triangular stylus and in order to follow that, you must have a similar stylus shape. Not the same because you record the Vinyl in that way, but that's why elliptycal stylus have better tracking. This are not used to scratch, because they lifetime is reduce and don't work with heavy weight needed in scratch. That's why spherical stylus are so popular this days.

Anyway, if you check my blog for a proper Turntable and tonearm setup.

Posté Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 5:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)