Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet tcv bug?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
when i play with TCV at 0% pitch on the turntable, VDJ takes a pitch of about -1.3%. first i thought my turntables run at a wrong speed or aren't well adjust, but now i've got 2 new TT (Synq Xtrm-1) and got the same problem.

can you reproduce this bug?

Posté Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 10:41 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Actually TCVs signal is moving around 0% of pitch for +/- 1.0 to 2.0 % all the time. But you can't notice the difference. Mine TCVs are all the time +/- 1.5% of pitch but music is normal.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 11:19 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well the softwear does not lie. With all turntables they will have a slight variation in pitch, it's called wow & flutter. Most decent tables only vary 0.1 +/- even if it was a little more you would not notice much, it just means that after being beat matched for 10 straight min. the song would have drifted slightly off. But are you saying the pitch is off 1.3% and your TT is on 0% then maybe that your pitch slider on the turntable is off and might need an adjustment. BUt we are talking baout 2 different things, does the pich vary +/- or is it just off the 1.3%?

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 4:19 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
metizn, disable the auto bpm if it is enable, just in case the software mach the songs on load.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 4:29 pm
auto bpm is disabled, the pitch doesn't vary, it's alway at - 1.3 % (sometimes vary between -1.4 - -1.2%). the TT stroboskop says the speed's fine. just the software's taking the wrong pitch.

so none of you have this problem?

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 7:29 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Disactivate Auto BPM in Virtual DJ Fame settings.

this could solve the problem.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 8:06 pm
easy bandaid fix is just to move the pitch on the turntable until VDJ say 0%. It sound like it does vary but only 0.2% +/- which sounds about right, so the motor seems to be normal, it just sounds like a pitch adjustment on the TT. You said these were new? do they have a quatrz lock button? If that button is on it still say -1.3% ??? when you 1st open VDJ load the same song on both decks, so that way there will be no auto BPM even if it is enabled, and at that point it still says -1.3% then something is not right. do the dots on your platter move backwards or forward? if its 0% the biggest dots should not be moving, if they do and the TT is on 0% then its your TT picth that has the problem.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 8:55 pm
@ lej78480: i currently don't have my VDJ computer with me, so i can't try the setting adjustment.

@ listen2: the TT are new, on both decks the same problem, i have quartz lock and the dots are not moving at 0% pitch on the decks or with quartz lock (that's what i meant with "the TT stroboskop says the speed's fine", sorry for my bad english). also normal music vinyl sounds right at 0% pitch and sounds distorted when i adjust them to +1,3% (which i have to do in VDJ).

but i'll try lej78480's advice

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 9:13 pm
Well that rules out the hardware. what soundcard are you using? if its not the auto BPM try checking on the drivers

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 10:10 pm
Well that rules out the hardware. what soundcard are you using? if its not the auto BPM try checking on the drivers

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 10:16 pm
Shhhh i didn't want anyone to know

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 10:17 pm
I'm using the Maya44USB.
what should it have to do with the driver?

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 10:23 pm
well i was saying if your hardware is fine, then you have to look at the pc.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 11:16 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
unelss your audio hardware is running at a weird sample rate (like 41500Hz) its probably your tts

Posté Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 11:59 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
wohh.. my goes at -8 .. .. .. but I can't here that it's something wrong with the sound.. it's just a number for me...

Posté Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 5:58 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)