Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet MK2 and external mixer problem - HELP!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

OK, I was using MK2 for everything, mixing, EQ, etc. Well, didn't like it, so today I'm a proud owner of Pioneer DJM-400 mixer.

Hookup was easy, I set for external mixer in Hercules drivers, WDM mode, and everything should be going OK. WRONG...

It's really weird and makes no sense to me. You load a track into deck a, start playing. External mixer is receiving now on both channels (A and B), and crossfader doesn't work. Well, it works only to amplify both channels when in the middle.
Also if you load deck B and start playing both, they both go and crossfader doesn't do anything. Meaning external mixer is receiving both decks already mixed in both channels.

Then at some point it started playing normal level on channel A on external and channel B had somewhat lower level of the same deck. Weird.

So finally if using external mixer setting in Hercules driver (VDJ resets it everytime you open software), I figured out that you can load deck a, deck b, put hercules crossfader into deck b, then you can have both decks on external mixer as channel a and b, except they're in reverse, i.e. deck a is actually channel b (i verified cables being wired correctly).
So it works in this setup if you're only using deck a in VDJ (you may play or stop deck B too). Obviously changing track in deck a stops playing and load new track. It's normal. What's not normal is if you're playing deck a and change track on deck B, all sound stops (even though deck a still shows it's playing in vdj), and you have to repeat whole process of stopping, loading deck a, deck b, moving fader back and forth couple of times, then it works, until you load anything on deck B again.
I know it's hard to understand what I'm saying, but my friend saw it and he said it BS, can't be this way.

Now this doesn't happen if I use Traktor 3 (demo) and MIDI map from Hercules website. The only problem is that MK2's mapping in Traktor is not very good (or maybe I am just used to VDJ at this point).

So, the question is - anyone else experienced anything like that? I'm pretty sure not too many people are using MK2 with external mixer, but still.

My idea is that VDJ DJ console edition somehow limits external mixer usage.

I NEED this resolved somehow by this weekend. If I have to buy full version of VDJ, I will, but I just don't want to spend extra $100 for nothing (if it doesn't help). I'm also thinking about DAC3 as an option (since getting a hold of XP10's is next to impossible).

Please HELP!

Posté Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 5:40 am
ChunkyHome userMember since 2005
I have been having these problems, too, and they seem to have rectified themselves with the new drivers for the HDJC, available from the Hercules website. (Look at the top message in this forum for details from DJ-in-Norway.)

With the old drivers, you had to use a work-around to get the external mixer to work: You'd lock the crossfader to deck A in the HDJC applet and use the headphones output into 3&4 to get your two external mixer inputs. A really cack-handed way of doing it, but it sorta worked. Sometimes.

With the new drivers, you don't need the work around. You patch Opts1&2 (i.e. Deck A) into one mixer channel, and Opts3&4 (i.e. now Deck B) into the other mixer channel. In the driver applet, you lock the HDJC crossfader in the MIDDLE.

Bingo - it works like a dream! The sound no longer just STOPS when you load up a new mp3 onto one of the decks.

Good luck!

Pete.

Posté Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:56 pm
Thanks Pete,

I'll try that tonight - I haven't tried locking it in the middle, I think. I've always tried to use external router.

Morris

Posté Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 3:35 pm
OK, I've played with the hercules settings and VDJ and the mixer for like 2 hours, it all comes back to the same:

If I use as Pete suggested, i.e. lock cross fader to middle, deck A is OK (channel 1 on mixer), but deck B is playing on both channels.
If I set to external mixer in drivers, it's all good, i.e. deck A is channel A and deck B is channel B, but if I load new song to one of the deck (it really varies for some reason, sometimes it's deck A, sometimes it's deck B), all sound is cut (even thougnh vdj is still playing), and I have to basically unplug / replug the console.

This totally SUX. At this point I'm totally done with the sound card / driver problem in MK2 and going to buy another external sound card ASAP, as I need this setup to be fully operational by Saturday.
I've already tried uninstalling / reinstalling MK2 drivers, no help.

That's what you get by buying cheap $h|t. It's probably not vdj's fault, but then again Traktor v3 works perfectly fine - vdj just doesn't have any control over sound card apart of "only available in pro version" choices.

Oh well...

Posté Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:17 am
so, I bit the bullet and purchased the upgrade to pro version. Sure enough, I was able to configure advanced configuration as to Deck A is left/right on hercules and deck be is left/right on built-in yamaha. sound quality differs, but after some EQ adjustment it's very comparable.

And just now I see few extra posts which only showed up when I got pro version (nowehere have I seen that if you get pro, you'll see extra posts), so I'll try those settings tomorrow.

Well, at least I'm getting somewhere... $100 well spent.

Posté Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:57 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Im glad I did a sewarch and came across this, I have a similar problem with crossfader on my external mixer and no matter what I do I cant seperate the sound from the left deck to the right deck, if Ii leave the crossfader on my external mixer in the middle and use the MK2 fader, it works great........whats the sense of having the external mixer??

Here are my settings: I have VDJ Pro also

Denon 3500 CD Players - input 1,2 and 3,4 on the MK2.
Mk2 output 1,2 and 3,4 go to seperate channels on my Numark mixer.

I select MK2 in soundcard config. but not sure where to put the crosfader on the MK2, I thought I would leave it in the middle, but that did not work, I trieds every possible combination, at least I thought I did.

So what are the setting exactly for using the MK2 w/ external mixer? I see Norways diagram, maybe I will try that, but Im using the MK2 as a soundcard for my TCCD, so dont Ii have to pick that one as the soundcard??.....humm!!

Posté Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 1:17 pm
I'll try to do ASIO mode from Norway's diagram tonight. Will post how it goes. As I said earlier, I made it work with 2 sound cards, MK2's and Yamaha's (internal in laptop), but for timecode you have to use ASIO mode, I think, and not all soundcards are good for that - MK2's is good enough.

Posté Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:44 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I cant seem to resolve this issue, using the MK2 as a soundcard with an external mixer so I can use my TCCD's, even with Norways work around suggestions, nothing works, except to use the MK2 as a mixer as well as a soundcard....that works ok, but when you connect the outputs to an external mixer, you cant control the sound, it comes out of all the channels..........frustrating!

Do I need the MAYA44??

Posté Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 10:12 pm
li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I this external mixer problem really solved with the new drivers (1.CMK2.2006 package)?
Although this driver is installed I still have the same troubles as dami2550.
I can(t have the seperate 2 channels on the mixer. The headphone setting is playing role in this.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 11:47 pm
i use the mk2 in wdm mode. then in vdj i choose 4.1 soundacrd to mixer pic, check the 7.1 button and everything works great... of course that is without tcv

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 10:23 pm
The mk2 drivers suck, this problem happens to me about once a month and the only way to solve it is to remove them and reinstall.

Posté Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 12:47 am
I had problems at first to keepgettin this hum now it seem to work with the djm 800- sometimes drivers dont work then i turn mixer off and on works again. I haope a mac version comes out for this.

Posté Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 8:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)