Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Missing Gain/BPM/etc Values

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So I finally bought VDJ and I encountered a problem :( The gain, BPM, pitch, etc values do now show up:

http://vipervin.com/doclib/vdjss.jpg

Also, there is an exclamation point next to one of the songs time length, what does that mean?

I tried reinstalling to no avail.

Now I get paid support with my VDJ purchase yay, haha

anyways ...any ideas about the problem?

Posté Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 5:43 am
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Try a different skin. That seemed to fix it for me. Another thing, does it do this when you're using the vinyl? Try changing the soundcard to a different setup than the vinyl and see if you still have it.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 9:33 am
it looks like you have corrupted VDJ.TTF font

try to reinstall VDJ to fix it.

Maybe you installed VDJ with not enough privileges to install fonts ????

Posté Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 10:29 pm
I tried reinstalling but same thing. I changed to the VirtualDJ Pro skin and that did fix it. But I am noticing a ton of new problems which is not making me a happy camper. Whenever I tried to beatlock / use the auto beatmatch, my computer and the sound stalls for a second. I wasn't having any of these problems in v3.2. And VDJ also randomly changes screen resolutions causing even more stalls. So right now I am going to reformat and see if that fixes these problems.

Posté Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 11:50 pm
welcome as a full member...Glad to see you at our side :)

Now, the issues you are having should not at all be..

Please do try a reinstall, and see if that helps
(uninstall first, but remember to backup your music database)

IF that does not help, I'm sure we can figure out why, and fix it for you :)

Posté Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 12:47 am
I figured out timestretch was causing the havoc. I guess I may not have enough memory to use timestretch so I disabled that. However, one plugin I really want to use was echo v2, but that does not seem to work right. I can post this in plug ins forum though.

Posté Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 10:07 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First of all, could you create a blog with your computer specifications & other hardware (if present) here http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/ViperVin/ or at least post them in this topic?

Such skips you describe are usually caused by slow CPUs, low RAM or slow (fragmented) discs. I don't understand the word 'havoc', but timestretch algorithm is very poor in all versions up to date (it will be upgraded in v4.x), so I advise not to use it yet.

About echo v2, what exactly does not seem to work right? Please describe furthure.

Regards.

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 9:05 am
That is pretty cool, I did not know I had a personal blog. I posted my system specs in the 'about me' section.

In v3.2 timestrech did work fine for me, but after I purchased VDJ and upgraded to v3.4, there would be a stall/skip in the music when I used the beatlock/beatmatch feature. I disabled timestrech and the skipping went away, but timestretching is a useful feature for me, so I would like to get it working.

As for echo v2, in TCV mode, I want the music to echo out (no music playing, just repeating) so I select the BA button and music off button, hit the echo button, and then it completely stalls and no music plays until I stop the record. However, if I do not use TCV mode and just the default VDJ sound config, then the echo works fine. So not really sure why it is not working in TCV mode.

Posté Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 10:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)