Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet problem with video looping and scratching... please advise.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all....

I currently am using the following specs:

Aspire X-Qpack micro-ATX case
(built in 420watt power supply)

micro ATX mobo
Gigabyte ga-81g1000mk

Pentium 630 P4 3ghz Socket 478

OCZ Dual Channel 2 gigs of RAM

eVGA 6600GT 128mb AGP video card

OS drive: WD Raptor 36 gig 10,000 RPM sata
Video drive: Seagate 500 gig sata
Music drive: WD 250 gig ata drive

Soundcard Maya 44 mkII (pci)

TCV's and DAC3

Windows XP Pro SP2 (all new updates)
(hardly any extra BS running in the background)
(not connected to web during my shows)

Virtual DJ 3.4

Here is the issue. I will be mixing video using a comination of TCV and DAC3. I will have a video playing and get the next one ready to mix. Well I usually loop the intro if it has a short intro so I can mix it in gradually. While it is looping the video playing live at the time will freeze exactly where the loop ends for like a half second. And also when I am scratching or searching through the video using the TCV it isn't smooth as I expected.

Here are my questions.

Without upgrading to a new machine with PCI-e videocard how I can resolve this issue using my current set up or if I have to buy a new video card will a 256mb card help out with the video mixing using TCV?
I know I have been told and read many times here that the minimum specs for a video card is a Nvidia 6600gt which exactly what I got. I have found a Diablotek Geforce 6600GT card with 256mb for $169 at tigerdirect ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1642902&sku=TC3H-1032 ) ... would this do the trick?

I have a major show coming up in a few weeks and would love to resolve this issue before that.

Posté Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 7:39 am
anyone.... anyone.... ?

Posté Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 9:17 pm
wow... guess it is just me reading and writing on this topic.. ok.. umm wish I could help me out but I am having the same problem here too.....

Posté Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 9:00 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
do the problems happen when u just have on vdj with no tcv or dac?

Posté Mon 01 May 06 @ 4:02 am
I never use VDJ without a controller (DAC-3) or TCV... but I can test the that....

.. well since no one really responded on a timely manner I went ahead and bought a new video card on e-bay tonight. Leadtek Winfast A400 6800 GT 256 MB Video Card... paid only like $145 for it brand new. I know it is like a $300 card, right? couldn't resist... I needed to do something pretty soon.

Posté Mon 01 May 06 @ 6:53 am
I would guess that videocard will aid you some, at least if you are running in hardware accelerated mode... from 128mb ram to 256mb is a boost;)

You are running a very intensive setup _(timecode + dac + video loop scratch)
Making most of the video task done at the graphic card will ease up the cpu load, so make sure its decoded in the background, fully loaded video before you start scratching, and harware acceleration.
Also, try different video formats, to see if one works better for you...

You might also lower the reactivity setting in VDJ, but that will only help a little

Posté Mon 01 May 06 @ 2:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)