Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Ecler Nuo4 Mixer - non-linear PFL knob ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey, so I have my Ecler Nuo4 set up right now so that the PFL knob on the left serves as a headphone crossfader for both decks... If it's turned all the way to the left, you only hear the left deck -- if it's turned all the way to the right, you only hear the right deck. That works fine, but I've been noticing that it is biased towards playing the left deck more loudly. With all the gains and levels set the same, and playing the same track on both decks, the knob has to be turned exactly 75% of the way to the right for the 2 tracks to be playing at the same volume in the headphones. Is there a way to make it so that it will play both tracks at an equal volume when it's exactly halfway through its range of motion? Or is that knob hardwired to be configured like that? Anyone know?

Posté Wed 03 May 06 @ 7:30 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its more likely that the response curve is liniar and the values are not interperated correcly. Use a midi diagnostic program and find out what values are produced at fully left and fully right and as best centered as you can see. would be my suggestion.

Posté Thu 04 May 06 @ 12:18 am
Where would I find a "midi diagnostic program"? In VDJ, when I add the knob to the keyboard shortcuts, it only produces 1 value no matter how I move it... And in control4lab, the software that comes with the mixer to program the MIDI signals, there's only one way the knob can be set...

Posté Thu 04 May 06 @ 2:43 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
try putting the knob in different positions at startup of VDJ and see if this changes anything.

if the knob only produces +1 and -1 then calibration may be the issue, it may just depend on where you put the nob to start with ,

also if the knob has more pulses from maximum to minimum than the controll in VDJ as soon as you turn it past the maximum in VDJ the center point wil move,

for example if your midi knob does 0-127 (a common example) and vdj does something like 1-100, as soon as you turn your midi knob past 99 vdj wil be maxed out and not go any higher, but when you go to turn it back down VDJ wil start turning it down as soon as you start turning it down so the problem could lie there with a problem of value syncronization

Posté Thu 04 May 06 @ 11:38 pm
Starting VDJ with the knob in different positions doesn't seem to make a difference, but good idea...

I think the total range of the knob corresponds with VDJ correctly, since the 50/50 mix is always when the knob is in the same position (75% clockwise)...

So it's probably the values that the mixer is sending that are off... I still believe it is configured to be non-linear in a way... In analog mode, these knobs are meant to work on separate channels -- the left one for channel 2, the right one for channel 3. It could make sense in that mode for the knob to be gradual at first, then rise more quickly at the end... Or maybe not, I don't know, don't have much experience with DJ mixers, is that a typical setup or no?

Anyway, is there a way to configure VDJ so it works like this? So the left knob increases the left deck's headphone volume independently of the right channel? And vice-versa? Or, maybe not possible? If not, is there a recommendation anyone has for a MIDI diagnostic program to look at what values exactly are being sent by the knob? VDJ interprets any type of motion as 1 value in the keyboard shortcuts, but clearly there are different signals being sent behind the scenes, since it works on a gradual curve when I actually use it... Or anyone else have a different setup for cueing with headphones with VDJ + Ecler Nuo4 ?

Posté Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:11 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)