Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet wow this is very weird.. Dn-S3500 distortion TCCD - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have seen this on the technics players... if you press the pitch lock while scratching... you get digital distortion... when i scratch on my denon dn-s35000 using TCCD i get like digital distortion and scratch sounds like shit basically... like ur playing packman... has nayone had this problem, if so how did you fix... I am using the delta44 sound card and the X300 mixer... any help would be appreciated.

Posté Mon 15 May 06 @ 1:52 pm
yeah ive got the 3500s too. ive hooked them up to VDJ and i got the same thing. i got 100% signal quality, but it sounded just like some old video game sound like you said. i really want to get them working with VDJ to spin mp3s right off my computer instead of burning cds, but i guess i just need to tinker with it some more till i can get it right. im using the hercules mk2 as my soundcard using the asio settings. so yeah im in the same boat if anyone knows. let us know

Posté Tue 16 May 06 @ 9:27 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try to change your soundcard's buffer size to 256. This should solve the problem.

Posté Tue 16 May 06 @ 4:40 pm
i get a clicking/poping sound, the sound card information box says this can be from setting the thing to low.

Posté Tue 16 May 06 @ 6:00 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"pitch lock" do you mean beatlock?

Posté Wed 17 May 06 @ 11:23 am
what ever they call it... still having this problem :(

Posté Wed 17 May 06 @ 5:09 pm
Do you set the pitch lock on your cd players or within VDJ? For best sound quality, you better could switch of "Pitch lock" = "Master Tempo". Do not use Pitch lock on your Denon players, this will cause that the waves from the timecode signal will be altered. Therofre VDJ will not work properly anymore.
So do not use pitch lock or key lock on your Denon players. Also do not use the build in effects like flanger etc. Brake and Drag start could be used however.
Ewout

Posté Thu 18 May 06 @ 11:29 pm

Posté Fri 19 May 06 @ 4:54 am
If you get clicks and pops you need to increase the buffer. I also use the Mk2 as my soundcard but am able to use 441 as my buffer if I close most system processes. If I want to run other applications too then I need to increase the buffer, try 882 and see if you still get the pops and clicks. However, with a higher latency, scratching may sound more digitalised (I'm not sure on this) but you shouldn't get artifacts.

Posté Fri 19 May 06 @ 5:02 am
doesnt improve what so ever. I have tried from 64-2048 still hear the clicking and poping

Posté Sat 20 May 06 @ 4:59 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i had 3500 at home and it worked well. i can´t help you because i don´t have cd-player at home, sorry.

Posté Sat 20 May 06 @ 6:19 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
what sound card are you guys using? I have 2 dennon DNS2500's and had same problem, however my problem was with the latency on the ASIO driver. Try setting this to 10 or below, your problems should go away. I am using the 1616M and soon to be setting up my Motul Ultralite. So the Emu 1616M will be for sale to anyone interested. Its basically new, I have had it a few months with little use.

Posté Sun 21 May 06 @ 1:50 pm
as you can see above i have outlined that i am using a delta 44 soud card. there is no option for
"latency" but as you adjust the the dma buffer size it says the latency esimation... i have tried all of them but i get the problem still.

I guess this problem is a no brainer... can't be fixed.... not even support staff have contacted me back. This card is able to support ASIO2 which virtual dj can't etc... its supposed to be a really good soundcard and im getting these stupid problems... this shouldnt be how it is....

Posté Sun 21 May 06 @ 3:45 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
try using other ASIO opplications to see if its just VDJ or your ASIO settup, ASIO can be a bit funny to get set up stably

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 1:56 am
another asio application like what? will final scratch work with FS tccd and my soundcard? or any other software which does what vdj that i can test with my soundcard.

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 6:59 am
FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton all have free trials I believe. Will probably need a few vstis though to really test Asio probably.

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 8:10 am
well i have figured if i play with the samlpes.... i cant get a good sound... the scratch sounds good at 256 samples but it pops and licks... i increase it to 386 or more it sounds digital.... though the pops and clicks become more faint the higher the samples goes up

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 10:38 am
VERY VERY DISSAPOINTING VIRTUAL DJ!

Without getting an answer from any virtual dj staff into my problem. I have wondered around and came accross djdecks. Wait a second be careful now, they use the virtual dj time coded cds, along with many other supported time coded cds. I must say I had no problem what so ever with the djdecks, settings left un touched, exactly how they were in vdj. Now how could this be 3rd party software using vdjs time coded vinyls and getting them to work better than the actual software who created the tcv. VERY VERY dissapointed. nobody can give me an answer to why it is i get this clicks an pops.... everyones pointing to sample rate and bitrate... but wait a second worked fine in djdecks using same cds... would really wanna get an answer, to get my software which i paid money for to work how its supposed to. Sorry I am abit hyped up because ive had this problem for over a couple of weeks now and its getting really adgitating. Could it be something with VDJ.... honest answer please? i am using currect 3.4.... this highly antispated version 4.0 better be worth the wait and supoprt time code cds alot better, or i think theres gonna be alot more people dissapointed like myself.

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 3:07 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Did you try changing the buffer sample size of your soundcard. Try changing the values between 128 and 512.

This problem has been sloved this way for a french member.

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 5:11 pm
ok to clarify yet once agin. I have tried 64-2048.. every single one... exiting vdj and changing values then re-entering. 386-2048(pops and crackles stop as bitrate go higher but digital distortion happens during scratch right from 386). 256 works fine except for the snap crackle pop.... anything lower than 256 the pops and crackles get louder and louder... 256 is what worked in DJDecks.... as i said before.

Posté Mon 22 May 06 @ 6:12 pm
22%