Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV: Error In The ASIO Sound Driver

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok, I'm upgraded to pro now but I'm still having trouble with the skipping, breif silences, robotic sounds, etc. when using TCV. It still won't let me change the buffer size when TCV is active either. I tryed switching to "Low Latency Time Code" but the TCV signal won't go through & it says "error in the ASIO sound driver". I'm using a single turntable right now plugged into my MK2 (set to line input), which is then routed through my gemini pmx40 mixer and to "line in" of my creative soundblaster live (pci bus). I just updated my drivers and such last week, so I wouldn't think that'd be a problem. I get the error message in low latency TCV mode also when I click on "ASIO Config". I'm completly at a loss here, I don't know why it's acting this way, somebody please help.

Also, if I ever get that worked out, is there a way to get the other deck to play mp3s while using the one table I've got for TCV?

Posté Sat 27 May 06 @ 4:14 pm
You're getting that error because the HDJC is set to WDM. To change it you need to first close any programs which may be using it (i.e. VDJ) and then change the setting to ASIO, make sure to use 44.1kHz and not 48kHz. (These are limitations of the Hercules drivers, i.e. not being able to change ASIO settings on-the-fly). The higher you put the buffer, the less artifacts there will be in the sound but the more digitalised it will sound. The lower you put the buffer, the less digitalised things will sound but you will get more artifacts.

The sweet spot is unique to each PC so you will have to experiment. The less system processes you have open and the faster your PC, the lower the buffer you can use. The HDJC only supports a minimum of 10ms latency in 44.1kHz which is a shame as turntablists may require something smaller, which is available in 48kHz but VDJ doesn't support it.

Turntables are phono by the way, not line. This may be why you're getting some of your problems.

TT > MK2 = Phono
MK2 > Mixer = Line
Mixer > PC = Line

Posté Sat 27 May 06 @ 5:12 pm
It is in ASIO mode, it automaticaly switches when I activate TCV, and sample rates are 44100 Hz with buffersize 882, but it won't let me change these settings with TCV active. I tryed turning TCV off & readjusting the settings, but as soon as I turn TCV back on it goes back to the given rates. I'm getting the "error in ASIO sound driver" everytime I try to switch it from MK2 mode. I tryed it using phono input, but the result was even worse, in fact that's where I had it first until I had read in a thread here to use the line input instead. I'm starting to think somethings wrong with the ASIO in my mk2;^[

Posté Sat 27 May 06 @ 9:12 pm
"It is in ASIO mode, it automaticaly switches when I activate TCV"

Mine doesn't and I have the same setup as you. The only reason you will get the error in ASIO driver message is when you have selected an ASIO soundcard inside Virtual DJ which hasn't been activated in Windows. There are two reasons for this with the Mk2, the first would be if the device isn't connected, the second is if it is in WDM mode.

You're right, you cannot change the buffersize when ASIO is active, this is a limitation of the Hercules' drivers, nothing can be done about this.

Use Virtual DJ pro instead of the console version, from soundcard configuration use the TCV option, not the DJC option. Make sure your console is set to phono and set to ASIO from the Hercules Control Panel. Select the ASIO from VDJ's TCV configuration page and use the auto-config option

Posté Sat 27 May 06 @ 11:31 pm
I'm already using pro, and I've tryed all of this. When I try to switch in to TCV mode from the soundcards config it gives me "error in ASIO sound driver" and won't detect any signal from the TCV and in the timecode configuration from that the choice of soundcards is blank. I know everythings hooked up right as I get signal within the MK2 mode, it just fills with these brief silences, off & on skipping & such. It sounds almost like a poorly encoded mp3. It won't even let me switch to WDM mode when TCV is active, I've already looked over all that. Could there be a conflict with other audio drivers on my pc? I have another device, Alesis USB Multi Mix 8 mixer, which isn't hooked up when I use VDJ, but does have it's own ASIO drivers on the pc. Also, when MK2 is hooked up there are three active soundcards, the MK2, soundblaster live and the integrated audio which isn't being used by anything. It's really getting frustrating here, it doesn't make any sense to me why it's acting this way, I've tryed a defrag, clearing up resources, but nothings seeming to work;^[

Posté Sun 28 May 06 @ 12:32 am
That error should only occur when the HDJC is on WDM. Could you take a screenshot of the error and the Hercules utility both on screen at the same time? It's possible that there's some sort of USB conflict. (This is unrelated, but ground your decks to the Mk2 if not done so already).

If you still have trouble, I would backup the VDJ database (samples etc), uninstall in this order. Hercules drivers, VDJ and then VDJ Console Edition. Remove the VDJ and Hercules registry entries. Restart. Then install the Hercules drivers and finally VDJ. Make sure that your Hercules is in ASIO before you lanuch VDJ. Then after launching VDJ, doublecheck if the Hercules really is in ASIO. If it is, selected the Mk2 ASIO from the TCV setup.

Posté Sun 28 May 06 @ 9:41 pm
Ok, I didn't think about switching to ASIO before trying to activate the TCV. So now Low latency mode is working, and I figured out I can change the buffersize also if I do it before I launch the program. So now I've got buffersize all the way up to 1536 & it doesn't seem to have nearly as many problems, actualy seems to be playing pretty nice now so far. Thanks, I really appreciate your help greatly and I apologise for being so hard to work with. One more quick question though if I can, being I only have one turntable until next months pay, is there a way to mix using TCV on the turntable with mp3s not being controled by TCV on the other deck? Thanks again;^]

Posté Sun 28 May 06 @ 10:43 pm
The bad thing is you told me all that stuff at first, I need to check my reading comprehension..lol Still would like to know about mixing with the other deck, but the TCV seems to be working good now;^]

Posté Sun 28 May 06 @ 11:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)