Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet CD Scracthing - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I believe a professional DJ should know how to use either of the media type (vinyl/CDJ). CDJs are the future of DJing for now, most of the club residents in California already switched.

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:46 am
@ manquin_dj

I'm a turntable purist. I've used cd decks as well.

I don't care what you use as far as equipment goes. and after 11 years of doing mobile DJing I've learned one very important thing... the crowd can careless about what your using or your skills in mixing music together. All they care about is hearing their song, dancing, enjoying the night out with friends. You get some that like to look at the DJ but don't really care about how skillful he is.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:46 am
Heya, something what i would recommend, but did not tryed. Numark CDX or HDX. Both of them are cd players with 12" spinning platter with 4.7kg/cm, reads mp3, have effects, looks like turntables and works like them :) I tryed Numark Axis 9, they are cheap, but not good as Pioneer 800 or 1000.
Vinyl is great stuff, but man, you have to carry big and heavy turntables, buy carts and needles, buy new records, you don't have everything on vinyl, they are harder to mix and blah blah.... much better feeling but much more problems :) instead you burn 10 mp3 CD's and buy small players and fancy mixers and GO :)

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 3:38 am
Dj whiteDVL

I can mix with everything, it is a computer cd players & tts, neverheless pc and cd players are a piece of cake for me, but not everybody can mix using a turntable and I have all of them, pc ,cd players (denon 5000 + tccds) tt (1200 mk2 + tcvs), and I have 16 years mixing and at least in my region hardly nobody knows how to mix using turntables, and I mention this because djs aroundl the places only know to mix with cd players and pcs and they say that are pro djs, but something analog like turntables is very difficult for them and I think that a good dj should know how to mix even with tts that are one of the main basis of djs, regards.

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:25 pm
and i don't care what equipment you use either.

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:57 pm
yeah but its just like saying a mechanic using power tools is not a professional since the tools do it for him. but using old hand tools is much harder. Either way its not the equipment that does the show, its how the DJ presents his set and a big factor about that is how comfortable he is with his setup. I don't own CD decks and I am not even thinking about buying any either. My tts and VDJ is more then enough for me.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:16 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Good point it's about your presentation, choice of music and mixing ability that give you credability. If i could pilot a cesna or a boeing it makes no diffrence i would still be a pilot. how good i am at doing it is the diffrence

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:43 am
I agree that for parties it doesn't matter what equipment you use but the ability to keep people dancing and enjoying the music you play. I'm talking about dj conquests since I've been judge in several conquests and one of the points that djs should achieve is to use tts and most of the "new djs" don't do that and in my opinion I don't give high punctuation for those that only use cd players, ewout.

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:37 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
*ahem* CDX ? can you name something better for scratching and skip-profness? SLDZ 1200 or whatever its called when they get the firmware sorted and the scratch doesnt sound like arse.
not as much as djm 1000s either

what does everyone else think of the CDX?

Posté Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:41 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey all.
The CDX, well i have absolutly no idea becuase i have never even used it. As for my decision if i get the money up since i got a job now :), I'll probably go for the cd turntables. Thanks for all your help

Phatt B

Posté Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:06 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004

RE: TCCD vs TCV - something to be aware of (even with TCCV) - the variation of the pitch (wow and flutter) will make it much harder to keep a long mix than with pure digital.

I'm currently exploring pure digital controllers (playing around with a Shuttle XPress at the mo). No scratching but getting perfect control out of it. Recommended.

Posté Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 1:55 pm
Lol, sorry to break in... but looks like CoreyDavis has fallen silent...
Hmmm... Would anyone still buy a horse wagon (cos its vintage/old school (really old)!!!) when u have the bmw 745i?
I think CDs have come in to the world for a reason..and so is mp3... think about it and figure out the reason...
regards,
DJ Aditya

Posté Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 4:10 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)