Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Support for BCD 2000 ? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I think we deserve a answer for our question. Is the BCD 2000 going to be supported in version 4.0 or not. I advise anyone who has a BCD 2000 not to purchase Virtual Dj if they don't answer my question unless you already own it. They haven't answered our question yet and it's been awhile. I believe they are supporting Numark products and leaving us out. If they were going to support the BCD 2000 they would have said so by now. If they aren't we need to look elseware for a software company which will support the controller.

Posté Sat 03 Jun 06 @ 8:17 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well it looks to me like you found your answer.....

Now if common sense dictates that you buy a program based on support for such a fine piece, then so be it.
The BCD 2k is certainly a better piece of hardware than VDJ is software....NOT.

If you bought this based on "anticipated" support, you have the cart before the horse imo.
By what I have read, few owners are really satisfied with the hardware or software that comes with it.

Laughable....

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 12:08 am
That is exactly what is expected from the support team . You just proved my point that if you say no you might lose a lot of customers. If they buy VDJ and you don't support it they lose. You even go so far as to try to advertize in the DJ Chat forum. But Sid caught right on to that. Well we know your not going to jepordize one penny are you . If you were going to support it you would be making sure everyone knew that. Well your up the creek on this one. It's not the fault of behringer but of VDJ for not having full midi support. The hardware is not the problem but the support of the software. Well VDJ is a good DJ program but without the support for the hardware your just as dead as we are. You need us as much as we need you. By the way what happened to the VDJ version of the XP10. It didn't sell when people found out it wouldn't work outside of VDJ. Funny how you didn't tell anyone when it first came out. Funny how this post got into your craw and you had to smart off. Well you will get your answer soon also.

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 12:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
digitalmdj wrote :
I believe they are supporting Numark products and leaving us out.

Take a look at the forums. How many people are they talking about Numark. Only a few. Look at how many are begging for VDJ support. And count the "No licence users" as well. Then VDj team you got your answers. Don't be fools. Bedroom DJs are much more numbered. Admit that you want them, and stop telling yourselfs that Hercules is good enough for the so far job, cause it's not. Write down some serious code, make VDJ with full midi support, and stop playing with videos.
PLEASE !!!!

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 1:41 am
well done, you got my point...!!!!

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 1:47 am
The BCD 2000 has a large following in such a short time and worth the support of VDJ.

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 1:48 am
It's funny to read bogus reasons not to support this one..

The BCD2000 is a very usable and nice piece of hardware, IMO certainly better then the Hercules stuff. It just comes with sub-standard software which is a shame. In all honesty I see no reason why supporting is should be so hard programming wise. Supporting it would bring is many (new) VDJ user for sure.. I have seen many new djDecks user come in because it now has excellent support for the BCD with (as usual) some very interesting ways of using what the BCD offers..

So there must be other reasons VDJ is not (going to) support this controller.

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 2:31 am
Probably an agreement with Numark not to support any additional (non Numark) hardware.

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 1:22 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
U have midi controller? ai ai ai
Midi engine in vdj sucks (all people know it about latency and problem with some midicommands) and also mk1,mk2,mp3control,bcd2000 sucks. Why??? Cause they have lot of knobs, slides and few buttons choosen with wrog criteria.
Btw, u can't neither pretend to buy a microwave oven and pretend virtualdj's developers create a support for ur controller "on the fly".

My advices for hardware& software developers are:
1) Listen users before create other controllers & software improvements
2) Improve ur midi engine so u don't have problem with X controllers anymore

An advice for new users ready to buy controllers:
Don't buy controllers that are not tested by people here. Buy Virtualdj tested equipment or wait the new version and look if they have improved midi-engine.

P.S. Sorry for my english

Peace,
DjKad

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 4:07 pm
I also Bought the Bcd 2000 for a specific purpose

VIDEO crossfading.

I needed a REAL mixer that was good enough to use as a MIXER not really a remote.

I Have a DAC-2 for that; it's more than ample for the task.
It's the Only real mixer on the market that's not over 700.00 cdn

Not Only that - the HERCULES IS NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA!!!!! period
If i want one of these little things i have to visit my Americain neighbours.

here's the deal - Behringer IS available in Canada
Numark IS available in Canada
Visiuosonic(dac's) IS available in Canada

Pick one Hardware platform and support the fricken thing

Hey we gave you hockey!!
The least you can do is give us Canadians is full generic midi.
That way you never hear us bitch about this crap again.

It'll be up to the compu geeks to get the X brand stuff to work with your DJ software.
make it generic if not native support
then sombody'll figure it out.
Cause it ain't woking right now

no jog wheels
no mic input.
Behringer is a better mixer than my Hercules could ever be.

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion Nightclub

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 5:22 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
I know of no other program that supports every controller known to mankind, does PCDJ, DJP, OTS, or Traktor support all of these? I don't think so, so why should VDJ?

Maybe because sales of the BCD2000 are through the roof, there's money to be made here because of the fact the software it comes with is not very good and even unfinished if you ask me..

I see a lot of new users coming to my main DJ software who bought the BCD and now look for alternative software because of the reason above.. and for $30 they get excellent support and quite clever BCD support.. Same could happen for VDJ.

As I said before IMO the BCD2000 is much better then the Hercules offerings and I think we have established there are other reasons VDJ does not support the BCD (yet). I will put my money in the 'not until after the Numark related stuff is out' basket.

IF VDJ would have proper MIDI support the point would be moot anyway. ANs 'wait for our new release (with improved soundengine)' is starting to sound like the endless stall tactics from another DJ software company we know..

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 7:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So list in 3 lines how to improve the midi (for the moment just focuse on BCD 2000).

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 8:46 pm
I can get most of the functions to work corectly. I just want the microphone to work and the headphones to work properly. The scratch wheels are not a issue for me and won't keep me from using the controller . I need these two features to work. Everything else works just fine for me. Also Rick it seem you have a problem with me and not on the issues how did you ever end up on the support team with your problem.

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 9:17 pm
Paul,
To put VDJ in the same catagory as Visiosonic is absurd and you know it, acutally its a bit of an insult imo. So it's not or ever will be an empty stalling tactic as in Visio's case.
We have been testing this for months now, it does exist which is far above and beyond what Viso has delivered.

I can assure you that the developer's master plan is well thought out and every move is calculated.
I don't think any of us really know what the future holds until it happens.
However, I do agree midi support would make everybody happy.
So it's really a matter of what is going to slow the release of 4.0 imo, what's your preferrence?

I am not a Hercules fan either but they have improved their quality somewhat.
As you state, the BCD software is pretty lame, so who is to say how good the hardware really is?

If I had my way it would be one dedicated high quality controller that could rack mount or table top like the DAC 3 with 2 faders built right into it. Visio never saw the need or desire for one fader let alone 2, in fact they argued it to death.
I'll admit I had my eye on the BCD for a while until they started playing games with it's release and wasn't sure if it would rack mount.

I'd like to see Cel's question answered also.

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 9:18 pm
djcel wrote :
So list in 3 lines how to improve the midi (for the moment just focuse on BCD 2000).

make it know the difference between ControlChange and NoteOn events(with velocity) would be a major improvement. It would also make using the BCD a whole lot easier. The above is required plus a function to assign the MIDI pulses sent by the jogwheel..

[Bold by DJ CEL]

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:05 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
Paul,
To put VDJ in the same catagory as Visiosonic is absurd and you know it, acutally its a bit of an insult imo. So it's not or ever will be an empty stalling tactic as in Visio's case.

I did not say they were, I said they started to sound like..

There is no denying requests/remarks/complaints have been covered by the 'wait for/not until/will be in v4' for quite a while now.. The 'improved soundengine' also sounds kinda familiar.

Visio fell through (for me) when after months and months of 'we have all resources focussed on the new VRM software' they come up with PCVJ and the information they are also going for MacOS.

From what I have seen sofar the VDJ team have been steadily improving their product although I do get the feeling they sold their soul to Numark what is causing the current lapse in updates/support for upcoming and popular (maybe not with you, but for many) third party stuff..

But we'll see

Posté Sun 04 Jun 06 @ 11:13 pm
I do not feel that anybody sold their soul to anybody Paul.

I think that with the new managment at Numark considered, and what they lack that Atomix can offer and visa versa, it could be a match made in heaven.
The combination of the two is going to put Atomix on the map in a big way, one GIANT leap and a HUGE chunk of the world wide market.
IMO I also feel that what Numark lacks in the PC tech area that they also stand to grow and gain from the relationship.
Would you rather be the bug or the windshield?

The end result is good for all parties and especially for us users if given the chance instead of the put down attitude I have read here and there on this forum.

Lets just say hypothetically that Numark has what it takes to develop hardware that is to the letter just what the doctor ordered for all the needs that users like us have been begging for, whether it's audio, scratching or video.
And, with that in mind.......why break your ass to make foreign hardware work and get all the bugs worked out when it can be a custom fit by design?

Make sense?
It's all good imo....

Anybody wanna buy a DAC 3?

Posté Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 12:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think we have to weight our priorities.

I would make a poll and ask about which matters more to you?

a. Sound engine
b. Full midi support
c. Video mixing
d. Something else

I would vote exactly the raw they are above. Someone else in different way.

I don't know how many did they buy VDJ for video mixing, non of us knows that or is there a statistic that you keep and we could read about?. I could speculate several things. Maybe the photo of the dj above might help. Who knows? But one thing is for sure. 28 posts and 295 views in 48 hours in this topic. I think people demand some things. We can wait as long as you like for Ver 4.X. All we want is an answer to a simple question , and it'd better to be official.

Is Atomix EVER about to support BCD2000 or not?

A simple and direct answer would close this topic nice, and would stop some people including me, from searching for another software which will do the job.

Thanks
Bob

Posté Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 1:28 am
Let's just look at the Numark controller. It will need the same midi functions as the BCD 2000. So they won't have to go very far out of their way to make both controllers work. So their really is no excuse not to support both controllers with full midi support. Unless Numark wants the share of the market for themselves.

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 12:32 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
digitalmdj wrote :
I just want the microphone to work and the headphones to work properly. .

You can't do that with midi: please focuse on the real problem with midi in VirtualDJ as Paulheu did

Posté Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:01 am
74%