Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BCD 2000 V3? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Posté Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 1:28 am
I am going to take a quick moment to express my frustration with Virtual dj as well.

Several users have requested a simple yes or no answer.

that's it

Yes

or

No.

It makes a huge Difference to those of us who use VirtualDJ night in and out. In my venue it makes an ENORMUS difference in that; I remove my gear to make way for the other dj's ( I'm the week - end guy)

Also for mobile applications it makes a difference as well.( I don't have to lug so much crap with me)

Here is my Point.

Most All Of Your Bloody Hardware Is Unavailable in Canada. AND That's where I happen to be.

As an increasingly dissatisfied customer, I am looking into other options

Simple answers to simple questions.
This isn't rocket science.

Posté Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 2:09 am
They sold out to Numark and Virtual Dj is no longer as we know it. The support team will go next so they get whats coming to them.

Posté Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 3:54 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please calm down.

I don't think anyone here is trying to shut you up. The new features to come in the next version are never communicated before the release. Thats why it's useless to post again about this BCD2000...

As an 'experienced user' I can tell you that Atomix crew is fully aware of new technologies and is keen to inject them in VDJ, as they always did since 2000 when I bought a soft with NO external controler, NO Timecode, NO Video, NO Midi control... etc.

VDJ is growing up every day, just wait for V4. MIDI controlers are more and more popular, so VDJ will certainly improve the whole feature, for, but not only, the BCD2000. (And its my own point of view, nothing corporate).

Posté Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 9:04 am
Slash4 wrote :
The new features to come in the next version are never communicated before the release. Thats why it's useless to post again about this BCD2000...

Simply untrue, we've been hearing about many new features coming 'soon'. No one is asking how, but only _IF_ the BCD2000 will be supported directly in an upcoming version. As said before a simple yes or no would do so people know what they can expect. I use VDJ myself for gigs where I use video and would like to use the BCD to control the video part in those cases.

All we know it's not a programming issue that is keeping the implementation, but that there are other reasons, and most assume these have something to do with the deal with Numark..

Keeping a lid on this is only going to frustrate more people and make matters worse, especially since since most ppl seems to only request the yes/no statement..

Posté Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 3:57 am
For people who say they are not hiding something they sure are trying to end this subject. I see they are trying to keep things proprietary. This way the can charge for support. This has nothing to do with us but the willingness of Behringer to pay for the software support. Well that will probly never happen. VDJ is a marketing tool and thats all it is. Then they get monkeys who work for free and throw them some free stuff now and then to push their software like VDJ.

Posté Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 9:27 am
As allready said, the BCD2000 is only a MIDI controller and isn't the only one on the market.

As far as I know the MIDI protocol was raised to facilitate communications between 'foreign' devices, whaterver is the brand, the model, the purpose. A common langage.

So, BCD2000 or not, as soon as it is MIDI compatible VDJ *should* accept it anyway. Don't become paranoïd...

The point is I don't know if MIDI improvement is for next version. That's it.

Slash

Posté Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 9:38 am
CALM DOWN ;)

Dev Team havent had time to look at the Behringer model, and make any adjustments for it yet...

As you all know, the main focus for Dev Team is the release of VDJ4 and Numark VV.
If full midi support and/or Behringer will make it for the first release, will be commented by Dev Team as soon as they are certain about it..

We can't say for 100% sure yet, thats why its a bit frustrating for you all..
I completely see that...

I hope full midi and Behringer support makes it for the release too ;)

regards
rune

Posté Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 1:03 pm
I am in Canada and I can have all the hardware that you can possibly think of. I think you should check the net and/or local salesman, they can order you anything you need. This is Canada, not Togo... No offence to anyone who possibly live in Togo, which I doupt.

Just my opinion.

Posté Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 2:43 pm
I was looking at the Newmark NuVj and they are using a laptop to do video. Well they may have to use a powerful laptop to get full video acceleration. This will be the hardest part getting everthing to work on a laptop. It seem to have four videos going at once . Newmark doesn't know what they are getting into when the laptop will be the most expensive item . People will buy the NuVj and find it doesnn't work with their computer. Thats when the software people end up holding the bag .

Posté Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 4:08 pm
Slash4 wrote :
As allready said, the BCD2000 is only a MIDI controller and isn't the only one on the market. The point is I don't know if MIDI improvement is for next version. That's it.

The question is why VDJ has this incomplete MIDI implementation to begin with. It's like a car with three wheels. Luckily there are workarounds, but the average Joe wants/needs a plug and play solution..

Posté Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 12:28 am
Basically, VDJ was programmed to accept MIDI "triggers", just 1-0 actions and sliders (0-127).

At this time DJ midi consoles doesn't exist yet, and you have no wheels so no need to program wheel actions. But the problem today is that wheels use a particular MIDI code, that needs to be implemented.

(at least thats what I understood while surfing this forum)

Posté Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 1:03 pm
After struggling yesterday with my controller. I noticed that some of the buttons and sliders share the same midi note. I see that it's the way they are implamented that keeps them from conflicting. Thats where Virtual Dj has the problem. To fix this doesn't seem to much of a problem. All the notes are read by Virtual Dj correctly. It's just the way they are implemented. Behringer has provided that information in the user manual. So it's not a matter of being impossible to do but the refusal to do it. It's all for profit and not for the user. Why do you think they give the updates for free. They need a big user base to entice hardware companies to purchase their software to sale with their controllers. Behringer is so cheap they screwed us. I don't think they would of had a problem selling the controller for more money so they could include Virtual Dj. Thats where the problem started and the software company they paid is gone. So they are stuck with controllers they cannot sell. So how do we fix this problem so everyone wins. How much is it going to cost us. As a group we could pay for the implementation maybe 50 dollars each or more. So how much to support the controller and how many people are needed. This means you get new users plus paid for the midi implementation. I think we can come to a amount that will serve everyone.

Posté Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 3:31 pm

Please... its a bit of a special release comming up. The next release is a major release, where its released a version with Numark (Virtual Vinyl), and PC + Mac version...

So Dev Team has a lot of work, and a really really busy these days...

When/If full midi will be added, its just hard to say if it makes the 4.0 release, or the 4.x (later release).
I really really hope we can fit it in for VDJ4...
I would love to see that too...

And it will be added for free... no charge... ;)

Just be patient a little more. I know its a bit frustrating these days... But its kind of a special situation, as VDJ for the first time is going to release a version with a huge DJ company (Numark), and a cross-platform version...

Its a bit hectic... So forgive us for not being all able to give good answers for what features will make it or not. I hope all understands :)

regards
Rune

Posté Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 3:44 pm
digitalmdj wrote :
After struggling yesterday with my controller. I noticed that some of the buttons and sliders share the same midi note. I see that it's the way they are implamented that keeps them from conflicting.
Not quite, The BCD2000 uses different events for different functions (as do most MIDI controller for at least the last three years now) there's noteON events for buttons and Control Changes for sliders and the jogwheel which pulses midi noteON events for the direction it moves in.

Is appears to me the MIDI implementation in VDJ was done as far as it is to support the DMC-1 when its MIDI support was implemented. But it limits itself to what was needed for that back then.. As a side effect VDJ gained limited (general purpose) MIDI support. Now it could be this was done in a not so clean way which would now make it more difficult to properly implement which would more or less justify a re-write which would take time. But then again a little foresight would have made this clear years ago..

In any case we can moan and complain all we want, by now the devteam knows what we would like to see and it's up to them to make it so or not.. If that's not good enough for you you should draw your conclusions and go elsewhere or sit it out.

All that being said it would be nice to get a simple and clear answer to the question if BCD support is coming and if so whether it's pre, with or after v4.. A simple answer which I am sure is known by the devteam and as long as it's kept quiet rumors will keep on coming up..

Posté Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 11:10 pm
I read the manual and understand what needs to be done. You seem to think it can't be fixed. But VDJ reads the notes corectly I checked each one. It's the way VDJ processes the the information is the problem. It's not as bad a you make it out to be. But It would be nice to get a straight answer for once. No one is going to buy VDJ if they have a BCD2000 until it works anyway. As for Numark thats just another problem waiting to happen.

Posté Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 11:40 pm
The workaround for NUO4 was to remap MIDI actions with control4Lab.

So we have 2 solutions, either VDJ updates its MIDI implementation, or Behringer develops a little MIDI mapper like Control4Lab (as they should have done since the beggining, if you sell a MIDI Controler, you have to give the right to change the MIDI notes of each button, slider, wheel).

Posté Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 8:40 am
There's plenty of free MIDI mapper around and even better ones for a small fee

Posté Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 7:25 pm
Behringer has their implementation build into their driver. It will take more than a midi maper to fix the problems we are having. It's not the midi notes that are the problems. It's the way Virtual Dj handles them. All of this need to be handled either in the driver or in the program . Trying to use another program to control another program slows the system down and creates problems down the line. We are told all the time not to have other programs running in the background and now we are told to break that rule. It's either one way or another which is it.

Posté Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 12:50 am
Yes, it's not about converting a MIDI Note to another one by software, but it's about making the BCD2000 actually send another MIDI note for the same button.

Not a translater, a mapper.

So we still have to 'professionnal' solutions.

Posté Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 8:56 am
61%