Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet XP10 latency

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well... i have a little problem, but not so big for me because i don't scratch a lot. So here is it:

I have 2 XP10 connected to my laptop (p4 2.66GHz 1GB ram usb 2.0).

After few minutes of working with VDJ 3.4 I get high latency on one of xp10. Not everytime on the same one. I tryed to change usb port but it is the same. If i replug this one which is making problems, it is ok for few minutes, but then it has again the same high latency.
I know that i have a lot of hardware on same IRQ and that it could be a problem, but never had any other problems using usb devices.

As i said, it is not big problem for me that's why i didn't post it before. I am just curious if anybody has the same problem and what could be the solution.

Thanks

Dj Nikki

Posté Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 2:12 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's sometimes the same with my laptop but never occured on my Desktop config.
Exactly what you described. I'm pretty interested if somebody knows how to resolve this one.

Posté Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 2:17 pm
I didn't try on desktop yet. But i will and report.
Thanks for reply :) it seems i am not the only with this problem.

Posté Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 2:20 pm
It seems to depend of the computer, maybe insufficient power, or hardware conflict with some motherboards... Tell us what happen with your desktop ;-)

Posté Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 2:26 pm
It could be the usb bus power. Some notebooks have not a really good usb power. This could cause a drop in voltage, so that the voltage is not 5V, but just 4,7V (just for example). You could try a powered usb hub, maybe this solves the problem.
Ewout

Posté Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:54 pm
I tryed on desktop and it worked. Maybe really usb power problem. will try with powered hub and report.

Posté Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 2:11 am
Yep, I'll wait for you report ;-) Thanks

Posté Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 8:22 pm
I believe you have a HP laptop. First go into the device manager and set up you computer for performance. Then shut down auto update. Then go into your control panel and shut down your firewall. At this point make sure you do not have any virus software activated. Then remove any programs from the start menu that are running in the background. If you are using wifi it needs to be disabled while you are playing music. If all fails try disabling you video accereration in your video settings.

Posté Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 11:46 pm
digitalmdj wrote :
I believe you have a HP laptop. First go into the device manager and set up you computer for performance. Then shut down auto update. Then go into your control panel and shut down your firewall. At this point make sure you do not have any virus software activated. Then remove any programs from the start menu that are running in the background. If you are using wifi it needs to be disabled while you are playing music. If all fails try disabling you video accereration in your video settings.

I have old but good Gericom laptop (P4 2.66, 1GB). I've already optimized my system and tryed everything. i don't have anti virus software and don't have any firewall. I think there is only power problem.
I am searching for powered usb hub at the moment to try with.

Posté Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 10:56 am
So, got news ? :-))

Posté Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 10:37 am
not yet. i don't want to buy usb hub because i don't need it. But right today i found a friend who has it and he will lend me to try. will write at the evening or tomorrow.

thx :)

Posté Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 1:06 pm
Hi, i had the same problem and it was a voltage thing, you need a constant 5.o volts to work xp10's i bought a cheap powered usb hub and used only my xp10's with it and it worked.Hope it works for you.

I have a problem though.Can any body help? When i boot up and open VDJ, load a tune and play it, when i go to rewind the track using my xp10 the tune carries on going forward. I have tried re- booting but does not solve the problem. Any Solutions?

Posté Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 11:39 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)