Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN MESSAGE (PLEASE HELP)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, I'm new to the VDJ world, I have Virtual DJ Version 2.03 Home Edition, I have been content with only playing a few song provided with the program. Now i have started to play my own music that is stored in Microsoft Windows Media, the only problem is majority of the songs will not drag to the decks???

Ive scanned through this forum and picked up a few points about things called decoders and codecs, but im would really appreciate some direct instructions of what i have to do???

Thankyou in advance.

Take Care Everyone.

Posté Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:14 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
BEN_ONLINE wrote :
Now i have started to play my own music that is stored in Microsoft Windows Media, the only problem is majority of the songs will not drag to the decks???

Windows media audio files (.wma) can have protected licence for playing, in that case VDj will not play them.

Posté Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 9:10 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
why not upgrade to 3.4? the assoc. the extension with the proper codec

Posté Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 6:45 pm
you can try to check the file path more closely also. I have had in my experience that I had moved some files around on the main HD of the pc and the database of VDJ was not rescanned so it could not find the file again although it was still on the HD. After I rescanned the HD and updated database the file was then able to be played but there were doubles. Easy fix for this problem was just to delete the entire database file and do a full system scan again. File path something like C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ and there you can find txt doc mp3 database. Deleting this will give you a fesh database to start from.
As far as file type. (WMA) they are probly copy protected and there is no fix for this that I have found.
And WMA files seem to show up without the impossible to open error, they just dont play. So it sounds to me like you have a file path error, try that, hope this helps

Posté Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 10:43 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)