Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mixer and a Laptop????

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

vs69Home userMember since 2006
Hey guys, I was wondering how would I be able to mix using a laptop and a simple 4 channel mixer? I tried splitting the headphone jacks into Right and Left so that they each have they're own channel, but that doesn't seem to work properly. I tried playing around with the settings and config menus, but still nothing, it;s not working like it should. I even have a jack for a monitor/headphones....Anyways, I know it's a lot easier when you have a 5.1 sound card, but I'm just wondering if it is possible to do something with just a mixer and laptop, being able to monitor and all that stuff.

Thanks Guys

VS

Posté Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 7:38 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I am affraid you can't do that with only one stereo out. If you use Y-splitter, you get 2 mono channels where one is for prelistening and another one al main out. You don't get 2 channels! You will need 2 stereo outs. So if your laptop doesn't have 2 stereo outs you have to get external sound card.

One more thing... You won't be able to do that using trial. You have to get FULL PRO version.

Posté Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 10:08 am
vs69Home userMember since 2006
ok, That's what I thought. So what your saying is...if I split into 2 mono channels, I can give them each a channel, one as a main out and the other pre-listening (monitor)...right? I just want to make sure befor I buy....I know the software is worth it, but I also am trying out a mixer so..... Let me know....Thanks alot for the reply.

Posté Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 4:28 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
theres really not alot of config that can be done to the sound card in the demo version so im not sure what u where trying to config but when u buy the program it will be very easy to set it all up

Posté Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 4:45 pm
Better not using splitters, while you have a mono signal. Better is to buy a usb sound card like an Esi u46DJ. You have 4 mono outputs (=2 stereo) outputs. You could attach both outputs to a separate channel on your mixer. But if you don't have the money, than you could use the y splitters.
Note that this setup could only be used with the full version.
Ewout

Posté Sat 24 Jun 06 @ 8:18 pm
djjunkHome userMember since 2006
Hi guyes,

I posted a similar questino in the French forum, but this may be closer to the answer.

I have a laptop with only one stereo out.

I purchased a USB sound card.

To be able to pre-listen the next track, I need to purchase the full version (to enable the USB card), right?

Thanks in advance

Posté Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 12:59 am
yes...
the full version supports a WIDE range of soundcard setups, including 2 soundcards (where one is for master out, second for prelisten)

You CAN how ever prelisten in home version edition too, but it only supports ONE soundcard.
So to prelisten, that ONE soundcard has to be a 4.1/5.1 soundcard, where master out would be on channel 1 out, and prelisten to rear out.

Hope that helps ;)

Posté Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 3:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)