Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Screen going blank with VDJ [Fixed] - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I am using laptop and mobility radeon 9000. VDJ works well at fixed resolution. But i heard it is because of using more than 1024x768 screen resolution and computer wants to restore it back to preset after minimizing VDJ. And it is unsuccessful, that's why black screen.

Posté Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 10:41 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
that is true...was everyone else trying to minimize?

Posté Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 10:47 pm
After following Cyder's advice on changine the screen resolution, I used that laptop with VDJ last night and didn't encounter the blank screen problem. Looks like it was the correct fix!

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 5:33 pm
New user here. had vdj for about a year. like it for the most part. having a few problems. i'm not a computer guru by NO means... don't know a megabite from an overbite. problem one: all my music is stored on an external hardrive (E:). A buddy of mine also has a hard drive, so we combined music. after loading his, i deleted some songs and i must have done something wrong with i tunes and lost a bunch of songs. i had a dance to do, so in my last minute desperation, i used my buddies hard drive (F:) along with mine since we virtually had the same song files. i later erased my hard drive and downloaded my buddies back on to mine. are you with me so far? i then went to do another dance, using my hard drive and vdj showed duplicate song files... one on the E drive, which was hooked up, and one on the F drive, which wasn't. Every song I tried to load from "e" would show up as ERROR. Again, in desperation, i used my buddies hard drive, which got me through the night. I have another dance this saturday and will not have his available to me. so what am i doing wrong?? why will it not read from my "e" drive? When i scan my E drive, vdj acts like it scans some of the files, but not all of them. I deleted all the previous play lists, but is there other "history" that i need to clean up? or do i just need to re-install vdj? I'm at a lost guys and this fat middle aged midwesterner can use all the help he can get!

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 6:39 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
ah you guys doubted me :(

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 6:53 pm
That's a major issue if screen resolution is causing this problem, does anyone actually still run their computers in 1024x768 with modern gpus and monitors able to surpass 1600x1200 (or at least 1280x1024 on cheaper screens). Imagine the outcry there would be if Microsoft Access behaved like this, people would even be angry if Media Player did this, will it be fixed in version 4?

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 6:59 pm
of course its been fixed and you don't have to wait for 4.0 for that. The probelm is quite simply not using the correct size skin to fit the resolution. If you look at the skins page you'll notice a wide array of differnt skins in differnt sizes and resolutions.

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 7:26 pm
Come on, that's not a fix, that's ridiculous.. You shouldn't have to have Virtual DJ running at the same resolution as your computer (or have I misunderstood something). There are hundreds of programs available with skinning ability and don't have to run at the same resolution as windows.

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 7:56 pm
Andrew,
on my gig pc I use 1024*768. I specially bought a 15Inch tft, because it is smaller than a 17Inch and also cheaper.
Ewout

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 8:31 pm
humm full moon?

Posté Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 8:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)