Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV - Skips and TCV bypassing problems - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Sounds like your computer is up to the job, you should post a question about it in the software forum... I don't know, good luck!

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:15 am
Well I found that it will only crash like I described in absolute mode. Just thought you should know the jumping around the track goes away but do not load another track untill you have removed needle from tcv before loading another mp3 in to the player. If you could try to make it fail it would be good to know that it is just not me. I will list the steps to make this happen.

1 open vdj
2 load 2 songs 1in each player
start both songs (Put both needles on both timecode vinyl's) only play one out ok, listing to both unbeat matched could be painfull
3 load a song onto the deck that is not playing out.

if you don't hear anything the first time do like 5 times just keep loading new songs on to the unheard player and see it you hear anything or if it crashes.

I think vdj is trying to load the song and jump to the exact place in the time code before the song has been loaded.

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:22 am
Oh wow you're right, I get that too! Well, my computer doesn't crash, but sometimes it makes a little stuttering sound when the new track gets loaded... Good to know, thanks! That's definitely a bug, I hope VDJ is aware of it.

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:46 am
Well we have made a few post here today maybe a Support Member will take a look at this. I will keep an eye on this thread. Did absloute help keep your music jumping around the track? Thanks for the support!

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:52 am
Yes absolute solved that problem, thank you!! But the regular skipping-due-to-very-light-bumps problem is still pretty bad...

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:05 am
Yes I feel it is not good enough to play in public with TCV too many skips from light bumps, I think VDJ with just mouse and keyboard sounds way better. I hope this is not the case I bought TT's just to use tcv I do not have a collection of vinyl nor do I have plans of buying any. I guess tccd's would be best, a digital controler for a digital program would be best. Just need a cd player with a 12" spinning control interface.

Although I have heard ACW Dj say his timecode vinyls work great so I don't know.

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:30 am
Hi I have a new setup 1st turn off riaa preamp and set gain to best quality you can get. Then 2nd use relitive mode you have to use the key board to play more but this is a much better setup (light bumps do not affect the timecode at all!)

Posté Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 10:50 pm
Anyone have a good explanation of what the various tcv modes/settings are?
I'm having skips during rapid small scratches. Is that alimitation of tcv and the mk2, or do i need new needles?

Posté Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 2:51 pm
I'm also having skips due to very light bumps. I don't think adding more weight would help the problem. For some reason when I turn the latency to 256ms or lower, there will be no skipping even if u move the needle but the sound quality goes down a lot. But if I turn the latency to auto, the quality is back to normal but the needle skipping comes back. So in the end, I have to trade TCV skipping for quality. I tried every setting out there but it doesn't seem to help.

Posté Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 7:43 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)