Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV - bypassing signal vs. splitting

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So VDJ's TCV software bypassing option doesn't work very well -- it creates this scratchy high-pitched sound with almost no bass... So people have suggested splitting the signal with cables -- I tried this, but the signal is so weak after being split that the timecode quality drops to 0, and regular vinyl is much too quiet and muffled.

Someone suggested using a switch to split the signal, so the signal isn't reduced -- but I can't find any switch like this, having 1 RCA input, and 2 RCA outputs to go to either the mixer directly or the soundcard... Does anyone know where a switch like this can be found?

Another option is to get a preamp to amplify the signal to line level. If I were to do this, and then split the signal, would the remaining signal still be strong enough as a line signal to make good sound get to both the sound card and mixer?

Any other ideas on how to do this? Someone out there must be using both TCV and regular vinyl interchangeably -- how are you doing it without going into the wiring and changing the cables around?? It's a very inconvenient way to mix!

Also: I really think there should be a sticky TCV-optimising thread! Almost every thread in the hardware section is about problems with TCV!

Thanks for any help :) I really hope version 4.0 takes care of these issues!

Posté Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 12:49 am
[quote]Also: I really think there should be a sticky TCV-optimising thread! Almost every thread in the hardware section is about problems with TCV![/qoute]
Most of these problems are hardware issues not software issues. Yeah and do think 4.0 will take care of some of them if not all.

Posté Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 12:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)