Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet M audio Delta 1010LT - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I have this sound card but nothing says if it is 4.1...does any one know if it will fork for listening in the head phones to mix?

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 4:54 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it works perfect.

you either set it up with the 2 sound card mode (each group of 2 outputs will appear as a seperate sound card), advanced mode (where you can fully customise the outputs) or if your using TCV it is one fo the best cards for the low latency timecode mode.

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 6:07 am
How do I go about doing it...should I run it through my mixer and just use it that way...my card only has analog connections...not like the one for my head phones?

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 7:26 am
The 1010 is a fantastic sound card! And since you have an external mixer, you don't need to mess around with any 4.1 stuff... Just connect the sound card to the mixer, using one set of stereo connectors for 1 deck, another set for the other deck -- then attach the headphones to the mixer, and use it the same way you would as if there were turntables sending the sound into the mixer... To set up the soundcard, it might be easiest actually to use the "advanced" setting -- then you can set which channels on the soundcard will carry the signal, and attach them to the desired channels on the mixer... after you have that set up, you can just pretend you have turntables (or CD players), and use the external mixer like you would in any other case... To record mixes though, you'l want to send a connection from the mixer back into the soundcard, and set recording in VDJ to "LINE IN".

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 4:13 pm
Ok, I think I almost have it...but as always there are two kinks...the first is this...I get real bad distortion when the music is playing...so I lowered my gains down, way down, on vdj...which helped...I also had to lower mids and highs in vdj...so the question is...I would prefer my mixer to control the levels of lows, mids and highs...is there a way to bypass the eq in vdj and let my mixer do the work? Ok, next...each virtual deck is playing in the mixer...I can control the headphones and music just like if my decks were hooked up...my master out put comes back to the pc and I can record with vdj...the problem is I just want to use my pc speakers for now...I can't get the sound to play out of them...Left deck is output 1/2 the right deck is output 3/4...master out from the mixer comes back to input 5/6...I configure vdj for line in 5/6 and it will record...I can open sound forge and here it but only through the mixer and head phones...I have gone into the control panel and opened the sound options and selected delta 1010lt 5/6 for sound play back but it doesn't work...my pc speakers are connected to the back of the mobo as they normally would be...any thoughts...and sorry this is so long!
Thank,
Mike

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 10:45 pm
For the distortion problem, try using "auto config" for each deck in the soundcard config, and see what happens... if the gain is too high, make sure "software RIAA preamp" is NOT selected... Also check the soundcard's own config setup to make sure the inputs are set right (+4 for phono, -10 for line, depending on your TT's, if you have a preamp, etc.). You might have to play around with things to get the sound right, took me forever...

You can use your own mixers eq's the same as you can use its crossfader and everything else -- just leave VDJ's in the default middle setting...

To use the PC's speakers I guess you'll have to use the soundcard config to play from that same LINE IN channel coming from the mixer for recording -- haven't tried to use PC speakers before though, usually people use speakers connected to the mixer as in a normal DJ setup...

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 10:58 pm
I know, and its the easy solution but my family has hijacked all that equipment to watch tv/ dvds like they are at the freakin movies :) so loly mike gets the bunk pc speakers :( I give it a shot...I let you know...and thanks, big time for all your help!!

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:07 pm
Hmm, cant find auto config or RIAA options? I did adjust my sound card as you mentioned...no change thou!

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:21 pm
Sure, solving other peoples' hardware problems is, for some reason, a lot more interesting than doing my own work :) Also, since you have the Delta 1010, occurred to me that you could send another line to a different input for playback (instead of using the recording connection) -- but don't know if that really matters or not... Good luck, lemme know if you need any more help! I'm still getting things straight with my own new TCV setup...

And too bad about the fam hijacking the equipment :) Since you have turntables, fancy software, an external mixer, and a nice soundcard you might as well spend some money on some nice speakers! A shame to make great music only to hear it out of tinny little PC speakers :) (plus you'll be able to optimize the EQ'ing, etc. a -lot- better on good quality speakers/monitors)

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:24 pm
Oh I forgot, you're not using TCV's are you! I was thinking you were using timecode vinyls, and that's why the sound was weird... I'm really not sure why you're having playback problems, could it just be the speakers?

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:27 pm
You put that so well...my family may be SOL :) I know the problem is that the onboard sound handles my pc speakers and the 1010 is taking it over...so I'm sure I need to get them connected to the 1010 some way...the -4 and -10 settings helped but it still distorts with the levels set to the middle position...I guess it will be part of my recording ritual to set all those before hand and record with sound forge to realy watch if I clip or not...

Posté Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:40 pm
Yeah, does sound like you'll hafta route sound to the onboard soundcard somehow, not sure how that would work exactly... Is this a laptop or desktop? If there's a LINE IN on the onboard soundcard, can you send another line from the mixer to that?

But hmm, you really shouldn't have to adjust all those EQ's to avoid distortion -- is it distorted only through the speakers? Or in the headphones and the recordings too? If it's distorted in the headphones and recordings too, there's probably something still set wrong -- I'm not sure what, maybe start a new thread with it? I think people start ignoring these threads when they go on for too long about technical issues :)

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 12:56 am
I will...its through the headphones too...I solved the speaker thing...there is another master out that I just ran to the speakers direct...I will start a new one in the software support area...thanks again man!!

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 1:38 am
No problem, good luck!

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 1:57 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
what you need to do is plug your pc speakers into the output of your mixer. the mixer should have RCA outputs so what you need is a cable with 2 RCA at one end and a female 3.5mm stereo plug at the other end (so that you can just plug your pc speakers straight in).

as for the distortion this probably has to do with the input levels into the mixer. first try turning the gain knobs on the mixer way down. if this doesn't work goto the 'M Audio Delta Control Panel' on the taskbar and open it. goto the hardware settings tab and turn down the 'variable output signal levels' to atleast half maybe even lower. this is because the delta outputs a consumer level output (the same as top end cd players) which is a lot louder then standard signals and some equipment cant handel this signal strength causing it to distort, epecially if your running it back into a line in on a normal soundcard.

Posté Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 5:26 am
BafoHome userMember since 2006
Sorry was wondering if you could explain this a bit more....ive been having problems using this 1010LT card. how do i connect the card to the mixer etc? do you have a step by step?

Thanks

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 5:13 am
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
First you need to register your version of VDJ by clicking on the "Modify my profile" tab above and entering your serial number. Once registered, you will be able to view my full blog which contains a full diagram of my setup, which includes turntables, mixer, and the 1010LT.

My Setup Diagram

If you have any questions, let me know, and I will try to help.

--Andrew

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 4:00 pm
djbafoHome userMember since 2006
okay....this is the thing..i am having the same issues as Bafo (nice name buy the way...but i was using it first i think..lol) my friend has the registered copy and i am looking to purchase this or the serato.... before i spend any of my money on VDJ i want to make sure this works.. I installed the 1010lt on my friends system and i have tried everything even called m-audio for support and we can not get the 2nd turntable to work...the first one works on channel 3,4 but on no other ports.... so if you can help me out with this i will look into buy vdj...but if I cant get any support then I will have no choice than to go with serato....please help thank you

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 8:24 pm
djbafoHome userMember since 2006
one more thing to add...with out showing me your diagram, do you use a pre-amp ? or do u hook up the tables directly to the 1010? I really would rather go with vdj so your support will be greatly appreceated....but this post is my last resort and attemp to get it working.

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 8:30 pm
SkiHogPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The good news: I know exactly what is wrong, and can give you the correct settings to make it work.

The bad news: I have been explicitly told not to give the setting out to "No License User" because many of them are using hacked copies of the software. Since I enjoy the software, and want to see it thrive, I support them in their decision to do it this way. This is why many of us post these fixes in our Blogs for registered users to view.

I go from Turntable to 1010LT, and then from 1010LT to Mixer. It absolutely works, and works incredibly well. With my particular rig I get a 1ms delay using TCV...which is absolutely unnoticeable.

If you buy it, you will not be dissappointed.

--Andrew

Posté Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 8:55 pm
77%